Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 298 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 296 297 298 299 300 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,750
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:14 PM | Locked

Nana:

I have finally finished the hand quilting and binding on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.  I think it turned out pretty good.

Nana, you did an amazone job on your quilt.  The ribbon around the quilt and the appliqué flowers make your border pop and stand as the perfect frame for your quilt.  I am réalité impressed by your workmanship.  For your first one, this is geat.  

As you very well know, many of us are willing to give your quilt a loving home. Think about it...   LOL.  I can send you my address anytime....hehehehehe

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,750
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:39 PM | Locked

chicagosinger:
Here's some pictures I just took of all 3 panels together. One close-up and a shot at the border/trim. Hope you guys like it! Then I wait for the rest of the fabric to finish the top, then I work on the back. And then....finally(GULP!)... binding with batting and everything else,(double gulp!)OMG!

Chicago, your quilt is looking amazing.  Your creativity is really showing through your quilt. Way to go!  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,750
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:48 PM | Locked

I loved this fabric and sort of just started cutting and sewing.  It looks a little disheavled but I think it is cute.  I think I will use a pattern for the next one so I don't have to stress about it.  I have a zebra print flannel for the back.

Jeanine,this is such à fun quilt.  I love it and I'm sure that your hairdresser will be speechless when you will give these to quilts.  Any boy would love to have one of those. You are so generous with your talent and quilts.  I hope I will get to see both finished quilts.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:53 PM | Locked

Here is the second quilt with the jungle prints.  I started it at 9:00pm last night thinking I would just get it cut out but ended up staying up until it was done around 1:00 am.  At least it is done.  I have 3 quilts I have to get quilted before I can quilt these two but it is a relief in my mind to know they are ready to quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,750
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

Marge P. Your quilts are both beautiful. I'm happy you manages to finished 4 of your UFOs. I am still working on #3.  I had some difficulties as to how to quilt it. 

Sorry you missed thé deadline for the contest.... lol.  Both quilts will look great on a wall or on a bed. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Jeanine

This quilt is very pretty too.l  Great fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 2,310
MizPat replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 3:59 PM | Locked

I did!  I'm not an expert quilter, rather a competent intermediate (I thought, LOL)

I decided to enter the Hoffman Challenge on a whim.  Used EQ7 to design the block and quilt.  Started paper piecing Wed Mar 21, only to discover my border blocks were too small to be effective at 5" finished.  Back to EQ; new corner blocks for the border, (now 6") new coloration that completely changed the look of the blocks but didn't blow up my fabric requirements.  Back to paper piecing, which is going well, so far . . . It's now Mar 29 and I started rotary cutting the main block; it's set on point and is 26-1/2" ~.  Frustration, as the patches rotary cut from measurements in EQ didn't set together properly.  Finally, today, Apr 1, I printed the template from EQ for the patch I was fighting with. Ta-Da!  Template makes the block right.  Some of the errors were mine, in cutting a rectangle in two on the bias, should have used my Tri-Recs, but . . .

When I sat down this a.m., I wasn't at all sure I would get this quilt done by  Jul 13.  I keep telling myself it's only 5 blocks, the main one and the 4 corner blocks.  I haven't sewn in over a year, but I didn't think i was that rusty!  I read that the Challenge gets over 1,000 entries.  I just hope mine doesn't wind up in the waste basket! 

Sorry for the length, but just had to share my frustration and ultimate triumph.  HAGQD (Have a Great Quilty Day)  Yeah, I just made that up.

MizPat in ABQ NM

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:05 PM | Locked

Miz Pat

Sure am glad that you got your block frustrations worked out.   Don't you just hate days like that...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 2,310
MizPat replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

In reply to the quilter who asked about the rounding in EQ, it's your choice whether to round to 1/16" or 1/8".  1/16" makes the measurements very close, not much wiggle room.  I use 1/8" and sometimes the patches are still very tight (see my post re the Hoffman Challenge for details) 

My suggestion would be to double check the rotary cuts with the templates, especially if this is your earliest accquaintence (? sp) with EQ.  After a few uses, you'll get a feel for how EQ measures and be more confident in the rotary measurements.  Sounds like a lot of work, but EQ is a whole lot better than graph paper and a pencil!  Faster, too.

MizPat in ABQ NM

in Albuquerque

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:12 PM | Locked

gini:
pretty quilts marge.

Thanks, Gini!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:13 PM | Locked

Miz Pat,

You are certainly more daring that I am . Congratulations on finishing your top. Would love to see a picture. Wishing you luck in the contest.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:14 PM | Locked

Beth Weigt:
Marge - I really like your two quilts

Thanks, Beth.  I wish I had gotten a lot more done but will continue working on them.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:16 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:
Marge, both of your quilts are very nice. I can't imagine finishing ALL of my UFOs. Congratulations!

Pat, I hope I didn't steer you wrong.  I had posted four UFO's and those four are actually done.  You wouldn't want to see the list I have of them - it would take a couple of lifetimes to finish them all but I am working on it.  Thanks for your comment.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 2,310
MizPat replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:16 PM | Locked

Nana said

"Miz Pat

Sure am glad that you got your block frustrations worked out. Don't you just hate days like that...LOL>"

Thanks Nana.  I really hate days like that, when I've put so much pressure on myself, but, "I will get by, I will survive" ( thanks to Grateful Dead, that's my theme song!)

in Albuquerque

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Mimi:
I really like this quilt too Marge!  I love the way the design of the blocks keeps your eye moving inside the quilt.  Does the pattern have a name?

I don't know the name of the pattern as it was just a little pre-cut kit.  You can see from the picture I am posting that it is just 16 squares - 4 light floral, 6 brown/green dot - 4  HST with gold and green and 2 green squares.  Very easy to put together and you get that motion in the quilt just by reversing the blocks when you are laying them out.

Have fun if you try it out.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 298 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 296 297 298 299 300 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use