Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 218 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 216 217 218 219 220 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:23 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Marge, your Scottish terrier quilt is so cute!  What applique method did you use on the dogs?

Nancy, the Scotties are from a piece of border print fabric.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:27 PM | Locked

Dainty Deb - I like your snowman.   this will be a cute quilt when you get it finished

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Milkman replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:34 PM | Locked

Not yet - 5:30pm Texas time  - after supper or I might be back here to compile my profile.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

I was in the sewing room today but it was mostly for some reorganizing.  I outgrew my bookcase so DGS and I went to the store and bought a bigger one.  David got it all put together and I filled it.  :o)  I did sit down at the machine and finish piecing a flannel quilt for Project Linus ---- a "cheater" just made by sewing a bunch of 10" sq. together.  I hope to find some flannel tomorrow at JoAnn's to use for borders and backing. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:03 PM | Locked

This was a block of the month...  sort of. Five years ago we got tired of doing the same old thing with our secret sisters. We decided to fill out a paper that told our favorite colors and what  we would  like to get from our secret sister. There were several diferent catigories to choose from. I chose to receive a block patern and material to go with it each month.  My dearest friend shawntell drew my name. When I filled out the paper work I put that I was an advanced quilter.  Well that was a mistake. She thought that it would be real cute to give me a strip of paper each month with a picture of a block on it and the size of the block. The rest was up to me to figure out.  Each instruction strip came with enough fat quarters to construct the block.  This is the finished quilt from that year. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. I tried to take a close up of the quilting on the individual blocks for you all to see, but the lighting isn't right.

• | Post Points: 170
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:08 PM | Locked

Wendy This quilt is beautiful . WTG ,this would have not been easy figuring it out yourself ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:15 PM | Locked

Well done Wendy. And, you ARE an advanced quilter from what I've seen.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

Wendy that is a great quilt.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Wendy

The quilt is beautiful.  Bet you had fun figuring out those blocks...LOL>   That'll teach ya.....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

Wow! Wendy...nice color cloices too!

Here's my quilt wall hanging (or maybe a table topper?) top  from the mag all done except the quilting and binding.

• | Post Points: 155
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:43 PM | Locked

Lowellian:
Here's my quilt wall hanging (or maybe a table topper?) top  from the mag all done except the quilting and binding.

Lowellian,   You're speedy!  I haven't even gotten my magazine yet!  I love the colors - it is amazing you had the fabrics on hand to do this quilt as in the magazine.  The only part of the magazine I have seen is in your first picture!!!  Maybe next time I will be one of the first to receive my magazine instead of one of the last.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:49 PM | Locked

I bought the magazine at the store as I haven't yet upgraded my membership. I saw that quilt pattern and immediately saw my fabric stash was almost identical! That was a First!

I do admit I kinda missed going to the store and finding the fabrics... :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:11 PM | Locked

I DID work on a quilt today - if finishing one Farmer's Wife block and starting another counts.  Doing it by hand in the truck on rough roads is a challenge.  I also finally got about an hour at the machine yesterday and got borders on 4 wheelchair quilts.  Now I have to get at quilting the pile I have ready.  8 or 10 still need sandwiching and basting, but I think I have a few basted and ready.  Now to find (or MAKE) the TIME!  But............... I do need to sleep.

I finally got caught up with my reading here tonight.  My list of emails is now down to about 10 or so compared to the nearly 1,000 I had a few days ago!!!  Need to check up on you girls every day,  it is either that or spend hours reading or just delete them and MAYBE get time to go back later!!  I spent time yesterday getting airline tickets to Houston for April 10-18 to visit our daughter and go to a baseball game - a spring ritual for us.  We usually drive down - 3 days driving - but Rich decided his hip was still tender enough that he didn't want to ride or drive that long. Our car seats are not that comfortable.  (I don't think airline seats are all that comfortable, but they don't bother HIM!)  I am taking my computer with me, so will be able to keep up - I think.  He said, why don't you leave it home?  Computer-phobic MEN!  Will take some hand piecing with me - either Farmer's Wife or Sylvia's Bridal Shower (if I get more blocks cut out for SBS).  I may knit on the plane - no stray fabric bits on clothes and no small pieces to lose!   Can't take the usual amount of quilting with me or my machine!  A small suburban is so handy for carrying such things. 

Now, lets see how chatty everyone has been while I have been doing my share!

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 615
Julie Tufts replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:28 PM | Locked

To Wendy; I have to agree with everyone else here WOW, what a beautiful block. Your very creative,pat yourself on the back.

JulieT.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:40 PM | Locked

Wendy great quilt. It looks to me like youNwere pretty experienced

gini in north idaho

Page 218 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 216 217 218 219 220 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use