Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 194 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 192 193 194 195 196 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 8:51 AM | Locked

love your funky spring quilt Agnes.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 8:55 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Elaine I got it about and hour ofter you ,rain like crazy , lots of thunder a lighting . Barbara

ACK! And you just HAD to send it on in time to wake me up 15 minutes before the alarm was due to go off. Thanks a lot, Barbara! LOL!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 8:56 AM | Locked

Agnes, I like your spring quilt

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:01 AM | Locked

mars92:

Hi all,

Besides finding my Lost VA Beach blocks. a major accomplishment, I actually made another block to go with my VA Beach quilt. Fall over everyone- I know, I know, and it took me no time at all. If you can guess what it is- LOL  Its a starfish!  Marlene

Ohh, Ohh, I know! It's a...uh....um...er....walking banana peel??

ROFL, Marlene - OF COURSE it's a Starfish! Who'd a thunk differently? Did you fussy cut it or was the center by accident? The background is perfect!! Gosh, I wish I was going to get to go to the VB & SM retreats! But, I've waited a long time for my kitchen remodel and that has to take priority right now.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

diane:

Chipmunks are not so cute when they invade your truck's air conditioning system and make themselves at home!  Cost me a fortune at the body shop and, when the mechanic was tearing apart the system, the chipmunks leaping out into the garage bay shocked (and scared the bejesus out of) the mechanic!

BTW, these cute little critters were nesting/living in a diesel truck that I drive every day!  They had no problem living inside the a/c ducts.

Oh, I can believe that, Diane! One of my neighbors had major problems with Groundhogs chewing her radiator lines on her truck. OMG, it was an ongoing saga that cost her quite a bit of $$ before she solved it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:13 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Oh My Goodness!! I just received my order from that special sale Eleanor Burns had. One yard pieces at $3 per yard in packs of five fabrics. I ordered 5 packs, purple, blue, green, yellow and brown (you can't see the brown in the photo). 25 yards all together. The fabrics are absolutely gorgeous.  Plus each color pack came in wonderful zipper vinyl bags. AND, she included a fat quarter of the most beautiful floral fabric.

I'm a happy happy girl today.

YAY, Judy!! You got 'em! Those are awesome! I wondered if there would be any the same as mine but, they aren't & that's so cool. So, if I ever want to order...say,  2 pkgs of blue, I wouldn't get the same fabrics. Woot! Woot! I wish I could have gotten more but, the budget is a bit tight right now due to the upcoming kitchen remodel. That was a totally great deal, huh?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 615
Julie Tufts replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:16 AM | Locked

To Diane; Love your Quilt,To me the whole quilt is unique very creative Diane.

Julit T.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:23 AM | Locked

KATHY :

mars92:
Besides finding my Lost VA Beach blocks. a major accomplishment, I actually made another block to go with my VA Beach quilt. Fall over everyone- I know, I know, and it took me no time at all.

WTG MARLENE!  Looks terrific!

Kathy - did you get your Inspired by Tradition? Did you like it?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:27 AM | Locked

Granny Agnes its so pretty!! The dainty florals are just up my alley. Looks like spring time and I am soooooo ready for that!. :) I think you are right about the border. The solid color will make the quilt 'pop'.  Love your work.

Dainty Deb

Granny Agnes:

I finished the block part of Funky Spring.Seeing it from a light distance now that I have it hung for the photo I am really happy with it. The green and pink sashings are not nearly as much in my face as I feared they would be. I am thinking of a narrow almost solid border to rest the eyes before a wide floral print.  After admiring it for a few days it will go into the storage bin. I have to deliberate the border ideas before I spend $$ on them.

I also am seeing the end on the quilting on Dresden Wheels. Hopefully I can share the finished quilt by tonight. I bound it completely before Step 2 of the quilting.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Rachel Young:

Well my FMQ foot came in yesterday, so my DH installed it (without me even asking! It was so sweet!) on my machine.

I opted to skip the gym and instead, last night, I STIPPLED! I started off drawing on a piece of paper, then made a sample sandwich, and then immediately jumped into the quilt I've been working on since December (I bought the fabric day after Thanksgiving).

I'll have forearms to make Popeye jealous when it's all done, but it really looks great! I'm so excited!

I got a quarter of the quilt stippled last night, and will stipple another quarter tonight.

Here's what I learned:

1. I enjoy FMQ and can really see a LOT of potential in my future quilts. The options really are endless!
  2. I did NOT buy thick enough batting. This poor quilt may keep one of my kids warm on the couch, but I won't be depending on it for cold winter nights! Yikes!
  3. I need some sort of machine-table-throat-extender-thing. My poor Brother is the exact way it came from the factory and there isn't enough surface area right around the foot area for me to work properly.

I was so excited to log on and share today! I hope to be finished with the quilt this weekend!

Rachel - You sound so excited! I'm not sure how well it will work but, I know they make those little extender things. I tried one and didn't like it but I know a lot of others who love 'em. Go figure. I've got to get into the FMQ. I've been too timid to try it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

ooooooooooo Nana...thank you for the link! I just bought enough flannel for two+ rag quilts. Going to use old blue jeans on one side and the flannel on the other. Thought they would make good picnic blankets. :) Couldn't find good flannel here local. Hopefully this is not real thin.

Thanks again for the heads up

Dainty Deb

Nana:

Ok folks here is a SALE update

www.eleanorburns.com   has 24 pages of fabric on sale for $4/yd.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:50 AM | Locked

Rachel

I am so happy for you.  The actual quilting can be so much fun.  You learn something new each time you do a piece and the process gets easier and easier.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Deb

You are very welcome.  I found several pieces of fabric that were calling my name.  They are coming to live at my house....LOL>   Gotta love those sales.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 3,415
Rachel Young replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 10:04 AM | Locked

Yeah, I found that the farther I got into the quilt, the more I was enjoying it and the easier it became. It really was all about practice!

I'm already chomping at the bit to get at it tonight. I'll post a pic when I get halfway done.

Rachel in East Tennessee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515
Beth Weigt replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 10:32 AM | Locked

Barbara - Did some FM today.  The first one is totally free motion and the second is a techniques I saw on TV yesterday for small items using FM and walking foot.

Beth from Illinois

• | Post Points: 65
Page 194 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 192 193 194 195 196 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use