Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 182 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 180 181 182 183 184 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 19,830
Beth Weigt replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

Mimi - This is beautiful.  the patience was well worth it.

Beth from Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 19,830
Beth Weigt replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:07 PM | Locked

Chicago - Welcome to the group!! All I can say is that you probably should just jump in - If you have problems along the way ask and we'll see if we can help.

Beth from Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Okay, I'll try posting this one more time. Nope tried it again........ doesn't work. And yes, I'm following the directions.

chicagosinger

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:30 PM | Locked

I took thursday off to catch up on laundry and pack for the weekend.  I also quilted an entire quilt for a friend.  Turned out not bad if I say so myself.  I have feathers on the quilt that are looking for a bird to belong to.  I'll remember to take pictures before I take the quilt to her on wednesday. 

Everytime I think I am getting caught up with the quilting, I get another hang dog looking friend that wants me to do another quilt although I've told them I need to get my own stuff done.  I am turning into a air head,  "Oh you do such nice work!!!"  Oh, I do such cheap work. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:31 PM | Locked

Sheila:
Annie - LOL! What waiting until I get home?? I ordered it on line from work!!! Oops! Busted.

Sheila,

You're hilarious!!!  Just order the pattern!  

I have to admit I did feel a bit guilty ordering it from work, so I waited till I got home

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:02 PM | Locked

I did work on a quilt today. The last of the stack to be shipped out this week to the Alzheimer's care center. Fini! Done! Kaput! Pic below..

Gini--I love the sashing on your Baltimore quilt. It looks so dainty! Actually, I like the whole quilt, but the sashing is so nice.

Mimi--glad you got your flock of geese rounded up. Your quilt is really pretty!

Granny Agnes--I'm so glad you will be liberated! Stress is a dirty word.  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is finding my tastes have changed over the years. I surprise myself sometimes.

Kris--I would be proud and honored to adopt you! When can I move in?

Chicagosinger--Welcome to the group! Take a deep breath and step off the edge. One little step at a time. There are lots of very talented ladies and gentlemen here to help. Just ask.

Sheila--Hang in there with the PP. It must get easier or so many people wouldn't be doing it. That's what I keep telling myself.

Leah--hurry up!  Can't wait to see your QoV!

Thea--Shame on you for tempting us to buy buy buy! LOL!!! We don't need any encourgement...

Vivian--Charge More!  That will sort out the ones who really  do think you do such good work from the ones just wanting you to do it for them.

Just finished the last of the lap quilts that I have pieced this afternoon.  I named it Find the Tiger. It was a stack-n-whack nine patch thingy that had an oops. So it had a few tiger striped patches added here and there. There are three more lap quilts away at the quilters house, waiting for FMQ, but I don't know when they will return for binding. I've got one more, a Wonky Log Cabin, I'm currently making blocks for, and my Cabin in the Woods that is nailed to the design board. I cuss at it every time I walk by it. When it quits growling back at me I'll work on it again. Right now it's a standoff.

And here's the pieced back

Gotta go figure out if I can still cook. DH thinks he is hungry.

Max

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:09 PM | Locked

Max

I love your quilt.  Those are beautiful colors and fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:35 PM | Locked

Man - was I ever behind on this thread!!!!  I had to go way back to page 148!!!!  And I have no idea how that happened.  I almost just gave up and was going to go to the last post but I am so glad I stuck it out. Such beautiful work has been flying out of all the sewing machines around here!!!  You all put me to shame.  :o(  Marlene - can I come sit at the back of the class with you?? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:45 PM | Locked

Annie:

Gini,

Will you let us know when it starts up?

I guess I can keep checking the group section.

I'll make a grand announcement out here and in the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

Sheila:

Barbara:

Annie and Shelia I found it  its Wildflowers #P3-140 From P3 designs ,I don't see a web site but I think gini has it .Barbara

Barbara - Is it posted somewhere here on the site or do we need to go buy it or download it? I joined the group but, didn't see "pages" like in the PP group so I'm not sure where the designs are.

Gee whiz I leave for a few hours and you guys don't give me a breather to answer Q s.    We will be starting in April.   Go ahead and order your patterns,  I thought  they were pretty reasonable.    Decide on your background and if you want to enlarge it or not.    

You will need 2 1/2 yds for the background and the border. Or 1 yd for blocks and 1 1/2 yds for border.

She recommends 1/2 yd medium green to use throughout the quilt.   I do this too, it adds a common color and helps tie the blocks together.

If you are enlarging the patterns, we'll need to figure out how much material you need.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:56 PM | Locked

Annie, you can start whenever you like, there are NO quilt police here, silly girl.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:57 PM | Locked

Max, I like your quilt and the back.   Nice job.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:10 PM | Locked

It took me so long to get caught up, I almost  forgot to tell you what I've been up to, drumm roll puh lees.   I cleaned my studio,  it doesn't look like my spot any more, sigh.   Sam mentioned that it was becoming a fire hazard this morning, as I was on my way out the door to go clean.    We've lived together along time and share thoughts now without speaking.    I found four pair of pants I forgot I purchased years ago, that's better than going shopping, just finding them in a corner.  They want hemming, that won't take too long.    Marlene will be happy to know she isn't the only crazy lady out there.    I found my laurel burch stash.   It wasn't lost, just buried.   I forgot how substantial it was.   When I heard she had died, I kinda went a tad nutso and got quite a bit.  Who knew they would reissue it?

I found my jungle quilt, it's my next project for the UFO group.  I'm combining it with the farmer's wife blocks, killing two ufo's with one needle, so to speak.  I wonder if I can con patti into counting it as two quilts,  ie., double the points.  hmmm have to think about how to approach that girl,  she' s pretty clever and might see through my ploy.

Everything is so doggone,     NEAT,     Not used to that.    I may have to toss around a bit of fabric to get rid of the neatnik jitters.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:30 PM | Locked

Sheila:
did you leave out a block on the bottom row or is my computer just making things look funny? I'm seeing an empty space. ?????

You have good eyes Sheila.  There is a missing star.  I'm still working on the block placement.  The first three top rows are sewed together.  Then I wanted to make sure I spaced the repeating colors away from each other so I put it on my design wall.  There are three more rows you can't see because they won't fit on my wall.  I'm happy with these rows and will plan the others when I have the time and energy.  I was going for the old country-ish look.  Thanks for letting me know I have succeeded.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:33 PM | Locked

gini:
Mimi, I love your stars,  nice job

Thanks Gini. I appreciate the encouraging words.

Page 182 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 180 181 182 183 184 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use