Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 178 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 176 177 178 179 180 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:17 AM | Locked

ohhhhhhh love the prints in this.

Granny Agnes:

Robin:
(translation Jelly= Jealous)

Never heard that expression but will remember it.

I managed to put the first four 0f 16 blocks together of mu 30's Dresden Plates. This project has been my pretty steady companion since Oct. The plates are hand pieced and hand appliqued. I am using the machine for the sashing and row seams. The borders have enough petals to have made another 10 blocks. Lots of stitching left to do there. When I'm done this will be a queen sized quilt. I'm not sure what happened to my resolve that I wasn't doing large quilts anymore. 

The following shows the colors better.

Great job on this so far! Can't wait to see it finished. :)

Dainty Deb 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:59 AM | Locked

Hi to all! I'm new and am about to start my very first quilt. It's going to be a king size quilt using some of one pattern and the rest will be my design (gulp!). The funny thing is I can't seem to get started and I think it's because I'm scared I'll mess it up!  I'm partially organized and every thing else ready to finish organizing myself (zip-lock bags, labels, etc..) I even have an idea of what I'm going to do and be;lieve it'll work, but I just can't get started. Any helpful hints from you all out there? Is my hesitancy to get started normal, or am I just a weirdo?

Thanks

chicagosinger

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:07 AM | Locked

chicagosinger:

Hi to all! I'm new and am about to start my very first quilt. It's going to be a king size quilt using some of one pattern and the rest will be my design (gulp!). The funny thing is I can't seem to get started and I think it's because I'm scared I'll mess it up!  I'm partially organized and every thing else ready to finish organizing myself (zip-lock bags, labels, etc..) I even have an idea of what I'm going to do and be;lieve it'll work, but I just can't get started. Any helpful hints from you all out there? Is my hesitancy to get started normal, or am I just a weirdo?

Thanks

chicagosinger

Wow! You've got way more guts than I do, I'll say that! For a first quilt, too. But, if you've got that sort of "go for it" attitude, what's holding you back? LOL - yes, I think it's normal...to some extent. If you've never done a quilt before, it's certainly understandable in my book. I guess you just need to ask yourself, "What's the worst that can happen?" That's what I do. If I can live with the "worst" then a lot of my hesitation disappears. Good luck and ask away if you have questions! There's lots of help here if you need it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Mimi:

Here is my weekend's work.  A work in progress....maybe next weekend it will get finished.  Those 164 flying geese took patience.  Glad they're done.

Mimi - It's very pretty! I love the patriotic theme - looks sort of "old country-ish", I think but, did you leave out a block on the bottom row or is my computer just making things look funny? I'm seeing an empty space. ?????

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Granny Agnes:

Nana:
I can hardly wait to see your floral project.

...Friday is Liberation Day.Thurs I do the final reports and Fri DH's volunteer treasurer's files get delivered to the new treasurer. I have some apprehensions as he lives too close but as DH was the treasurer and I was just data entry clerk to help him produce paper work that people could read i'll play dumb. Hopefully, a lot of stress will walk out the door with the file box.

Oh, I can't wait to be able to say that! I'm on my 4th year as Treasurer for a statewide non-profit (Ohio Horsemen's Council, Inc.) and while I've had a lot of fun with it, I will be glad to turn it over to someone else at the end of the year. Just tired. Each new chapter started (59 when I began and now we're at 69) adds an exponential amount of work. Hence, my quilting, embroidery, T-shirt business, camping, horseback riding, etc. life has taken a back seat. Box? I've got 8 boxes of stress that needs to take a walk. LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:19 AM | Locked

gini:

And another ufo

In the bag

What a sweet little basket quilt. Love the way you used that thin strip of red to set it off in the border & binding. A perfect touch!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:26 AM | Locked

Gini - take care to keep that door locked! I'm on another totally unrelated site and one of my cyber friends there was the victim of a home invasion and she's a mess! It doesn't matter where you live - it happens everywhere! Stay safe!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:29 AM | Locked

gini:

Here is my Baltimore, I finally got the sashes done.  Lots of frogging and refrogging

Gini - Dahlink, it's Mahvelous! What beautiful sashing, too! All of that frogging was worth it in the end!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:36 AM | Locked

Busy weekend for everyone! I feel like I accomplished nada! Took a class on Saturday a.m. on Shaping with my Pfaff - that was fun! Then I spent all that time on that 1 PP block. Thanks to all for the encouragement. I will keep at it but, finding out how tedious it is for me (I'm spacially challenged, I think), I won't be rushing to catch up with everyone in the PP group! LOL - Slow & Steady!

Annie - Wow! Living 2 miles away? Girl, maybe you'll get lucky & your car will break down and you'll need to stop and ask to use the phone to call AAA, huh? What a great conversation starter!

Barbara - The PP gets easier? Can I quote you on that when I'm cussing at the next one? ROFL!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:53 AM | Locked

Mimi,

Beautiful quilt top, I was busy seeing stars that I had to do a double take to look for the 164 flying geese.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:55 AM | Locked

Gini,

Beautiful Baltimore, I would love to do one.  BOM is the only way I could do it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:10 AM | Locked

Sheila:
Box? I've got 8 boxes of stress that needs to take a walk. LOL!

The only reason there is only one box, actually on thinking there will be two, is that there are already several boxes in the archives at church. The only active box is 2012 files. Everything else is finished and filed away. I pushed the suckers out of here almost faster than possible.I'm glad you can say you had fun. If this had turned out to be fun we would be in for another two years. This has been the only book keeping obligation that has been a nightmare and book keeping has been a part of my life since 1969, hubby's since about 1956.

Quilting here I come. However, Mom to Wed are broken up with a new in 2012 obligation DH let himself get talked into. the tenant's presidency role so we are in charge of Wed lunch for about 60 meals.I am trying hard to keep myself out of the kitchen as much as possible. Last week I walked out immediately after eating. My back was acting up. Someone else can clean up. This was not an option with book keeping.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:34 AM | Locked

Gini your quilt is fabulous. outstanding job Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:35 AM | Locked

Gini, i love the baskets quilt , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:36 AM | Locked

Mimi I commend you for all your work on those HST ,they drive me crazy . your quilt is going to be beautiful . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 178 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 176 177 178 179 180 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use