Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 174 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 172 173 174 175 176 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,085
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:16 PM | Locked

gini:
and another beautiful design, judy   i love the layout.

Thanks Gini, but since I posted the EQ7 design of the next quilt, I've changed it! I decided to go with a design in the center of the tan blocks instead of doing embroidery.  I'm paper piecing those center star blocks. The fabric is a coordinating one that I ordered along with the Jody Bergsma wildlife fabric.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,085
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:16 PM | Locked

gini:
and another beautiful design, judy   i love the layout.

Thanks Gini, but since I posted the EQ7 design of the next quilt, I've changed it! I decided to go with a design in the center of the tan blocks instead of doing embroidery.  I'm paper piecing those center star blocks. The fabric is a coordinating one that I ordered along with the Jody Bergsma wildlife fabric.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

Well I finally got my maple leaf on the quilting frame. I don't know why but everytime I finish a quilt I describe it as my favorite... lol Then I give it to my hubby (which secretly means I get to keep  it haha)  Great plan........What do you think?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:10 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Thanks Nana and Kris. I'm playing around in EQ7 with the design for the new son in law to be. Here is what I've come up with so far. I'm going to start cutting the tan blocks today.

I love that design Judy. The fabrics are amazing too. Nicely done.

It's so easy to lose a day when playing in EQ.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:12 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Here is my lap quilt #2 for this weekend, all finished except for it's final washing. (One more to go!) It is similar to my Dragon Eyes quilt, but the blocks are smaller. I used a batik on the back with little green lizards on it. (I think they are lizards!) The back wasn't quite wide enough, so I put a row of the blocks down the middle.

This is absolutely beautiful Max. So who's getting this one?

MaxNTopeka:
Kris--I peeked at the Project of Doom last night.  I bought my background fabric today. Fingers crossed the PP gets easier the more I do of it.

I do hope you join us Max. The first two blocks are up and I can't wait to see everyone's blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:21 PM | Locked

Judy

I love the layout on the wildlife quilt.  It is going to be really pretty when finished.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:23 PM | Locked

judy i really like what you've done with those center blocks.   very nice

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:24 PM | Locked

Max

Great lap quilt.  Love the colors.  The back with the stripe of blocks is perfect.  Love those lizards.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:26 PM | Locked

Judy

I really like the "star" pattern in the tan blocks.  Really neat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:34 PM | Locked

i neglected to lock the main door coming into the offices, bad gini,  some guy was up here snooping around.   he seemed nice enough, wanted to chat.   that is so foreign to me, i would never go into an unmarked door to a building if i didn't belong there.  he was probably bored.  there is nothing going on in town these days.  the door is now locked,  sam and  debbie (our landlord) are not going to be happy with me.  i was in sam's office and opened the door to the hall, when i heard a noise. he was peeking in the window to my room.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:36 PM | Locked

Gini

That is kinda scarey.   Glad he was a nice man and left without issue.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:37 PM | Locked

and after, unexpected interruptions, frogging and phone calls, i finally got the interior borders done to my baltimore quilt.    nana, i really need lessons on how to whip out a quilt.  i'm getting more and more fussy in my old age.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:41 PM | Locked

Gini

I am still pinning mine.  I may actually have it sandwiched before bed and again it may not get completed until tomorrow.  I am about pinned out.  I have 900 safety pins and just about all of them are going to end up in this quilt.  Geesh...  I remember why I cut the size down on my kings since this one.   Now I average about 108 in square instead of the 120.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:42 PM | Locked

i wasn't scared, exactly, sandpoint is a pretty safe small town, unless you're involved in meth production.  anytime there is crime here, meth is involved, and it is mostly against  other meth heads.   it was just, weird,  and i'm not into snooping.   hey, i'm married to a snoopy guy.  it coulda been sam.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 8:01 PM | Locked

gini:
i'm getting more and more fussy in my old age.

I know my bar keeps rising so I just decided that I am now going for quality and not quantity. After virtually nothing to show for 2012 thus far, during this past week I broke out of that mode and now I have projects wherever I turn. However, that means the quilt that "had" to be quilted before I worked on anything else is sitting there neglected. I would much rather design and piece than quilt.

Nana--I am giving in and I have a bin of floral fabric on my computer/cutting desk just waiting to be measured and cut to make something similar to your beautiful garden quilts.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Page 174 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 172 173 174 175 176 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use