Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 173 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Sheila:

...I have to tell you it took me 1.5 hrs to do it. I put the border around it to see how it would look that way and I'm not impressed. I probably should have used something to contrast more but, I'm just not getting into this.

Sheila, I like the colors. Really. It's sutle and really lovely. I know what you mean about getting the fabric piece large enough to cover. Frustrating. I've become a Master Frogger!

Thanks, Judy - just frustrated I guess from struggling with it. I feel pretty stupid about not being able to figure it out. Since I'm a type A person, that justs make me angry and more determined to get it right, though. Of course, becoming a master frogger was never one of my goals but, it's looking like I'm well on my way to that title, too!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,859
Points 382,277
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:07 PM | Locked

Annie:

Kris,

I just completed a paper pieced wall hanging and I couldn't believe how hard it was for me to think in reverse especially when trying to determine if I had enough fabric to  over the space.  I now know why everyone kept repeating " make sure your fabric is way bigger than the space". I wasted a bit of fabric, but at least I learned something for the next time. 

Annie,

paper piecing is wasteful but the precision you get is worth it. I usually measure the shape I want to cover then cut my fabric about half inch bigger on all sides.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,859
Points 382,277
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:08 PM | Locked

Granny Agnes,

I like your Dresden plates. You do such nice work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,859
Points 382,277
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:11 PM | Locked

Nana:
Finished Summer Garden.

this is beautiful Nana.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,859
Points 382,277
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:17 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
I just finished piecing two of the three quilts I'm making as wedding gifts. One for my step-daughter, one for her new husband to be and one for her 8 year old step son to be.

Lovely quilts Judy. I like the fabrics in both.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,859
Points 382,277
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:20 PM | Locked

Shiela,

your paper pieced block look good. I think you don't like it 'cause it gave you such trouble. Don't give up on it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:50 PM | Locked

Judy

Both   of these quiltsare gorgeous.  WTG

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,665
Points 138,110
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana and Kris. I'm playing around in EQ7 with the design for the new son in law to be. Here is what I've come up with so far. I'm going to start cutting the tan blocks today. They are plain because I will be doing some stitching/embroidery as part of the quilting. George is going to draw some images for me to stitch over. Possibly shadowing the owls, geese or maybe blades of grass. You can bet that I'll be practicing on scraps before I do the actual quilt.

I surely do hope their marriage lasts long enough for them to enjoy the quilts.

I love EQ7 and spend way too much time playing with it but it sure is helpful in layout and use of fabrics. Those wildlife blocks are fabric from Robert Kaufman Fabrics using Jody Bergsma designs.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

Judy,

Absolutely gorgeous!!!  Love the prints 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:39 PM | Locked

Needles have been flying this weekend! Everybody is so busy.  Thanks to all of you! for your kind comments about my Spider Web quilt. Your encouragement always feels so good.  I did get my second lap quilt bound last night, but am on 'hold' now until the glue drys on my sew machine cabinet. Maybe by tomorrow...

Nana--I love your 'little' lap quilt.  Why do I have a mental picture of you running from machine to machine, kind of like the old circus act where the juggler tries to keep the twenty plates spinning on the poles all at the same time? 

Granny Agnes--Your dresden plate blocks bring back so many memories of my grandma's quilts. She loved the DP pattern, and all her work was by hand. Beautiful job! It's going to be a beauty!

Judy--I'm with you on housework. I did it for years and it never made me happy. Quilting does! Easy choice. If the health department shows up I'll nail the door shut!

Kris--I peeked at the Project of Doom last night.  I bought my background fabric today. Fingers crossed the PP gets easier the more I do of it.

Kathy--thank you for the info on the double diamond ruler. I may have to put it on my wish list.  It  just makes such a lovely border!

Sheila--your block looks wonderful to me.  Maybe you have been too close to it for too long.  Like a bad relationship, give it some space and maybe it will grow on you. 

I know I've missed someone, and I apologize! Between short term memory loss and the attention span of a gnat, I just can't remember everything. I've tried making notes, but then I can't read what I wrote.

Here is my lap quilt #2 for this weekend, all finished except for it's final washing. (One more to go!) It is similar to my Dragon Eyes quilt, but the blocks are smaller. I used a batik on the back with little green lizards on it. (I think they are lizards!) The back wasn't quite wide enough, so I put a row of the blocks down the middle.

And here is the back:

Keep quilting!

Max

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:04 PM | Locked

judy, your quilts are wonderful. 

i need to get with it.  after this quilt, no more of these piddly little triangles.  you guys turn out ten quilts  in the time it takes me to do sashing on one.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:06 PM | Locked

Sheila:
Of course, becoming a master frogger was never one of my goals but, it's looking like I'm well on my way to that title, too!

it comes with the territory.  and you've only got a master's,  wait until you get your Phd in frogging like me.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:08 PM | Locked

and another beautiful design, judy   i love the layout.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:10 PM | Locked

max, i love the back of your quilt,  the front is nice, i love the back.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:14 PM | Locked

I love the back too ! The front is nice but when you flip it over and see the peiced back that is like a little surprise . Great idea :)

Page 173 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use