Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 169 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 167 168 169 170 171 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:32 AM | Locked

Granny Agnes:
I'm itchy to do more embroidery work seeing I have had to once again hide the cross stitch. Combination of aging eyes and hands have made it hard to continue. So far I haven't decided on what. the next embroidery project will be.

Granny Agnes,

Really like hand embroidery and I've been working on a Halloween project that I take to work with me. I also plan on working on "Winter Wonderland" from Crabapple Hill. It's a great way to pass the time. 

I read up on Red Work sometime ago, from the same site you posted a link for, but never remembered about the blue work. thanks for the refresher.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:35 AM | Locked

Barbara:
Nancy ,thank you for your kind words ,they are the same blocks ,but the patterns are set up ailttle different, and you don't really get cutting measurements ,they give you the finished size  which is 12 ins, and you kinda have to figure it out on your own.

Barbara,

paper piecing patterns don't generally give you cutting measurements for the blocks just the pattern that you print. You use fabric that will cover the shapes in it. Cutting measurements will be provided for adding borders etc after the blocks are made.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:37 AM | Locked

I worked on my blocks for the Harry Potter project in the paper piecing group. I also worked on FWS and DJ blocks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:08 AM | Locked

Agnes, Kathy, Beth,  Barbara and Max  as my daughter would say I'm Jelly.   (translation Jelly= Jealous)

All I got to sew yesterday was the hem to her formal and a cape for her part on stage at the upcoming state conference we're going to next Friday.  But I living off the beautiful post from you ladies. Keep them coming.

Robin

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:31 AM | Locked

Robin:
(translation Jelly= Jealous)

Never heard that expression but will remember it.

I managed to put the first four 0f 16 blocks together of mu 30's Dresden Plates. This project has been my pretty steady companion since Oct. The plates are hand pieced and hand appliqued. I am using the machine for the sashing and row seams. The borders have enough petals to have made another 10 blocks. Lots of stitching left to do there. When I'm done this will be a queen sized quilt. I'm not sure what happened to my resolve that I wasn't doing large quilts anymore. 

The following shows the colors better.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 170
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

Hi Y'all--

Took a mini vacation to St Augustine for a few days, so here I am trying to catch up on posts I missed--an impossible task!  Y'all have been incredibly busy and such beautiful work!  My head is spinning at your accomplishments.  I need to get off the computer and back to work on my handquilting so I don't feel like such a slug in your company.  I'll check in again later. 

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Agnes

Very pretty Dresden Plates.  That was the first quilt that I made.  Boy was there lots of mistakes in that one.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Joyce

oooohhh  St Augustine.  Such a neet place.  Hope you had fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:29 AM | Locked

Agnes,

I love your quilt is beautiful.

Joyce,

Welcome Back hope you had a good trip.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Granny Agnes:
When I'm done this will be a queen sized quilt.

Oh Granny Agnes it is beautiful.  I love the orange and green sashing. It pulls it all together.  If it needs a home I'll be glad to send my address. : )

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Annie I looked at her first few sessions and then I just went to her blck gallery and started working on them ,she has a short video with each pattern. I am work on the beginner level .I have not even looked at the others yet LOL   I'm real glad to have you joining me on the group . Barbara

Barbara,

I going  to get started today. I'm going to practice on bubbles because I think II want them on the new quilt I'm making for my DGS. I'll take pictures along with the block I want to use it on and get your opinion, if that ok with you??

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:53 AM | Locked

Agnes,

I have always wanted to make a dresden plate quilt. I was thinking of making a table runner of it.  Start small, sure to finish. Lol

Beautiful colors

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Kris,

I just completed a paper pieced wall hanging and I couldn't believe how hard it was for me to think in reverse especially when trying to determine if I had enough fabric to  over the space.  I now know why everyone kept repeating " make sure your fabric is way bigger than the space". I wasted a bit of fabric, but at least I learned something for the next time. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

Granny Agnes - Absolutely beautiful Dresden! By hand??? Argh, I would be so stressed doing that - not enough patience, I'm afraid so I have to doubly commend you for it! The colors are wonderful, too! I do plan a Dresden at some point but certainly not by hand - ROFL at myself! Thanks so much for sharing and the inspiration.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 10:12 AM | Locked

Annie:

Kris,

I just completed a paper pieced wall hanging and I couldn't believe how hard it was for me to think in reverse especially when trying to determine if I had enough fabric to  over the space.  I now know why everyone kept repeating " make sure your fabric is way bigger than the space". I wasted a bit of fabric, but at least I learned something for the next time. 

Annie - I have to agree with you. I bought the Easy Machine Paper Piecing book by Carol Doak and a small packet of paper but, I have to say this was very difficult for me. After a lot of frogging, I managed to get two small practice pieces completed but it took me an entire evening. I'm not sure I'll ever get the hang of it or if it will ever be something that relaxes me (as IF!).

Page 169 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 167 168 169 170 171 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use