Points 55

Do you still have this?

Thanks! Kathy Smith

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Kathy and welcome to the group, hope you will stick around.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55

Thea:

It is not a problem Carylanne - mine is old and hasn't been used in years - I will put it in the pile to give away to someone else...lol  If it doesn't work out with Richard - just let me know - it cleaned up beautifully and I have a new blade in it - it is just in that pile of stuff I have bought over the years and do not use... a Pay it Forward item.

I am new at this and my first post didn't show up correctly. It was directed at Thea. Do you still have this? Thanks! Kathy Smith

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:55 PM

Kathy

Thea is away right now due to some family issues.  I don't know for sure when she will be back but just watch for her posts and try to "catch" her then.   Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your time with us.  We love chatting and actually manage to get some quilting done occasionally...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 495

Oh, I have had the fiskars cutter for years and I love it. I use it for everything...fabric and paper. I just keep blades for paper only, and blades for fabric only. I don't like the fiskars blades as much as I like my Olfa rotary cutter blades, but the fiskars cutter is fantastic. I wish they hadn't discontinued it. I wanted to get one for my mom, but I'm not paying upwards of $100 for one now. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 595
tish replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:29 PM

I'm so sorry, but Thea has given her rotary ruler away.

tish

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 310

Carylanne,

I've been looking for one of the Fiskars 24" cutters for the same reason as you. The prices of the "others" are just too, too high!!

I was unable to sew for nearly 4 months when I had such a flare-up that I was unable to even thread my machine, much less cut fabric.

Even using a rotary cutter was awful. I ended up having surgery and it has helped but I am still looking for one (I still end up adding to my

scraps because of inaccurate cuts. I hope you find one.

I would like to make a PLEA to any "COMPANY" that happens to manufacture fabric cutters that there is indeed a great need for us folks

who have such a need for an inexpensive aid; especially considering the cost of fabric these days. Poor cuts can surely waste not only time,

but money.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Good morning Sandy, I know exactly how you feel. I have a suggestion, put an 'need to have' ad in the market place discussions, as You see here I was able to get one of the cutters from Richard (quilt daddy) . It is the greatest thing. I found one of the 13 " cutters the Donna Dewberry from Fiskars, however it is $60. If I was going to spend that money I would surely buy the full set of rulers and cutting aids from http://www.guidelines4quilting.com/GuidelinesAdvantage.html however that still requires the use of a rotary cutter. BUT it is for accuracy. Have you checked out that site. I may still buy the set as it has so many features for many fast cuts. Hope you find a cutting system that works for you.

Carylanne
in Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 495

My rulers were always slipping and it gets very tiresome to press down hard to keep them from slipping, so I used bumper dots for cabinet doors/drawers to keep them from sliding. They're small, clear, self-adhesive, and cheap--far cheaper than replacing all my rulers with non-slip ones. I already had them on hand because I use them on my kitchen cabinets, but they're less than four bucks per sheet at Rockler Woodworking. Works perfectly. :) You might try your local hardware store for something similar.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 55
cfiehrer replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:58 AM

Hi Quilt Daddy,

I am new to the forum and wondered if you still have your Fiskars 24 inch strip cutter and still want to part with it.  I have been looking for quite some time for it and would be greatful

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:02 AM

sandy and cfiehrer, welcom to the group

cfiehrer, click on quiltdaddy's name at the top of his post and add him as a friend.  he will see your message quicker

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 55

Thank you for the welcome message.  I am currently looking for a 24 inch rotary cutting ruler, it was discontinued by fiskars.  I could really use this tool and would appreciate it if anyone has one they are not using and are willing to part with it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535

Hi Lillypad! Welcome to this site! I too am new and just love it, there's so many quilters here willing to help and give support. I think you'll quickly love it just as much!

chicagosinger

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 310

Thank you for the welcome, Gini. However, I am still looking for a die cutter. How can I post a ISO used 55100 accuquilt ??

Ol' "Arthur" kicks up more and more and if affects my accuracy when  cutting quilt strips, blocks, etc....

Your input is much appreciated.

Sandy from the Sunny Side of Florida :)

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use