rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:24 PM

Applik:
I 'm going through withdrawals already thinking about not being here for about 2 1/2 weeks soon

Won't you have internet service where you're going? Not that's it really any of my business, but I always take my computer when I travel - which I don't do any more, but when I did. OK. I'm rambling. Need to get busy!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Points 2,510
Applik replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:59 PM

No time as we're tied up every day with things to do.  Teaching my nieces how to quilt. Yeah right, they couldn't find eye of needle never mind know what to do with needle! Don't have a computer nor internet services at their home. I can't imagine it but, it'll be interesting for me but, like I said withdrawals!  Guess now I'll understand how an addict feels coming off of drugs.

My addiction - fabric pheromones and for those that aren't aware of this disease it's brutal if you contact it.

Causes quilter's to purchase ungodly amounts of fabrics.

Pheromones transmit very high pitched sounds heard only by quilter's. They do very nasty mind control thoughts that only quilter's can hear saying more fabric, buy fabric. Totally sneaks up behind quilter's  in fabric shops and forces quilter's to buy fabrics  we don't need. 

Little monster huh?

I'm a Fabri-holic and I have many material witnesses to prove it

http://cyberspacemonkeyis.shawwebspace.ca

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782

Judy--

Such a relief to know that Spud is OK.  Please let her know how much she's missed next time you email her.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 10:37 PM

Judy, please add my best wishes to Spud, too.  I hope she is enjoying her time doing what she wants. So glad to know she is well!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 1,975
WeeOne replied on Sat, Nov 14 2009 12:11 AM

Judy, Thanks for letting us know Spud's OK.

If you are in e-mail contact, please ask her not to drop out of here.  I knew her on anothe forum and was sad when she no longer posted.  I was so Happy to find she was here, when I joined!!

Lyn

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:25 AM

I'll miss Spud, but I certainly understand.  I became addicted to this site this summer, and once school started in September, I found myself staying up too late at night trying to catch up with this chatty group.  After many drowsy drives into work in the morning, I just had to wean myself away.  I figure I can say hi on the weekends.

Being a facilitator probably means you can't just choose to come in once or twice a week, so it was all or nothing for Spud.  I do hope she'll pop in from time to time to give us updates, even if it's as a "guest" or via email messages to one of the group. I'll miss her humor and her advice.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Sorry that Spud won't be joining us with our chats...not sure why she had to drop out completely...would have loved to get a once in awhile update from her as she was so much fun to chat with...I guess she has her reasons and we have to just learn to live without her...hopefully no for long tho

Ontario, Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 311
Points 8,285
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 14 2009 9:46 PM

Patti:

Judy Iliff:
Spud has decided to leave QCA for a while. She's doing fine and quilting away.

Judy, please let her know that we love her.  The amount of her involvement certainly must have taken up a lot of time, and like money, time needs a budget as well.  Wish her happy quilting and happy holidays for us.

I agree Patti. I was off line for a few days with work & when I came on this morning I noticed the ominous silence. There were no fun happy faces. There was no sparkley signature. There was no wit & wisdon. (Present company excepted)There was no cheerleader!

Spud, whatever you are doing I hope it brings you nothing but joy! We all miss you & love you but we want you to do whatever is best for you. We will all cheer YOU on in our hearts.

Deb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,450

I've only been here a short time, but really appreciated Spud's cheerleading. However, it is so easy to spend too much time here. LOL, I want to know what everyone is saying and I want to quilt. We need to figure out how to have the forrums "read" to us while we sew. That would be the ultimate!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

now that would be a great idea...and the computer can type what we say and then we wouldn't need to stop to type either...haha...I think that is called having a conversation...lol just kidding with you

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Helen Bell:

now that would be a great idea...and the computer can type what we say and then we wouldn't need to stop to type either...haha...I think that is called having a conversation...lol just kidding with you

Laughing 1

In reality, they have those programs for sight and hearing impaired people. I'd probably sew my finger to the quilt if I had it, though. I can multi-task with the best of them, but I don't think cutting fabric with a rotary cutter, for instance, and answering an e-mail would be real smart!

Gillette, WY

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,450

Hmmmmm, you might be right. don't want to sew thru fingers or cut them off.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Sun, Nov 15 2009 8:20 PM

I miss Spud too. She definately is the one who holds this bunch of crazy-quiltin' ladies together.  I don't  like being the only sparkly name, especially since I copied hers!! LOL

Hope is she taking a rest

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Sun, Nov 15 2009 8:38 PM

Nancy D.:

Dear Spud, You are missed! Hurry back.

Nancy D.

I agree with Nancy You are surely missed Spud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sun, Nov 15 2009 11:22 PM

Gagoo:
I don't  like being the only sparkly name

Joyce is sparkly, too, isn't she?

Gillette, WY

Page 3 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.