rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:04 PM

Caryl Anne:

I don't think I've ever seen shelves mounted on pegboard.  Neat!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,225
Points 27,610
Agnes replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 3:18 PM

MNnancy:
I don't think I've ever seen shelves mounted on pegboard.  Neat!

There are all  sorts of hooks available for  pegboards. The selection for general household use may be limited but the different types of hooks available when setting up a retail store is unlimited. We used to sell the various hooks for household use if customers requested them. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 800
Tanya replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:29 AM

Hi Linda, I love your idea of upcycling an old metal ironing board as a pegboard for your sewing room.  How difficult is it to remove the legs? :)

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 135

What a fantastic idea! I'm thinking of hanging mine on the closet door in my sewing room.  Or maybe, from the ceiling over my cutting table. Hmmmm!

Thanks, Patt

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 295
Pat replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:42 AM

I also have a large pegboard on my wall in front of my sewing table. It keeps all my gadgets and tools off the table, and also keeps the rotart cutters too high in case one of the grandkids happen to make it up the stairs without being seen. I always hang the cutters up before leaving the room.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Just guess how surprised I was when I read the newsletter just now. There is this  picture of a pegboard. I thought hey that looks like my wall, and then I saw Mama Joy and my names.. crazy funny. lol

Carylanne
deep in the heart of Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30
Anne Perry replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 10:30 AM

Was reading these various posts, came down to yours, and found an idea I could use!  Thank you!

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 135

My earlier post was really about the ironing board idea. I've had a pegboard on the wall next to my Sewing machines for years. It holds all my different kinds of scissors and anything small that can be hung with a ribbon,ect. The ironing board idea is such a hoot. I'm definitely gonna have one. I also have a larger pegboard on the wall at one end of my cutting table. Any rulers  or templates that have a hole for hanging, are there & handy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589

Anne Perry:

Was reading these various posts, came down to yours, and found an idea I could use!  Thank you!

Hi Anne and welcome to QCA, I'm glad you have joined us and I look forward to getting to know you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589

Hi paintfilly13, I know you joined in Nov but I don't believe I have met you so I wanted to say Hi!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:36 PM

Welcome Paiontfilly

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 745
Lola B replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:33 AM

I also have a large pegboard. I hung mine on the wall behind the door to my sewing/guest room.  When the door is open, it is not visible from the hall.  Love this, since all my rotary cutters and rulers are within easy access.  I also hung my wooden thread rack at the top corner of the pegboard and my thread is handy and I can see what color I need without plowing through a box.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30
Anne Perry replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 12:22 PM

Thanks for including the idea about hanging your wooden thread rack...a great one!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 40

Linda, you might check at good will and Habitat's restore for used ironing boards. That is a great idea tho.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589

Hi mshawii and welcome to QCA

Page 3 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use