Page 2 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:16 PM

All really neat tips. My DD and grand babies are going back to Virginia in a week so I get my sewing room back. New are going to be installing a Murphy bed so that will free up some space..

What else do you put on the peg board besides rulers?  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:17 PM

Mama Joy;  you are right that it is a good idea to use a peg board for various things.  I have a large door size peg board in my office and I use it for a lot of things also.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:45 PM

Linda:
Since I don't have a lot of wall space because of windows, I took an old metal ironing board and took the legs off of it. I then spray painted it to match the room. The holes in the ironing board act like a peg board. I can hang hooks and baskets on it to store things just like a peg board. I can also put magnets on it to hold notes.

Very clever, Linda!  I think you should take a picture of your ironing board/peg board and submit it to a quilting magazine to see if they'll publish your idea.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 17,805
Susan replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 11:41 PM

Welcome! MamaJoy, I like your idea. I need a peg board in my sewing room as every thing is on my sewing and cutting tables. Thanks for the tip. Will be going to the local hard ware store for the board,and of course DH will install it for me. Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,966
Points 384,102
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 3:09 AM

Annie:
What else do you put on the peg board besides rulers?

Lots of things. I bought a peg board organiser that will hold many different items. Looks similar to this:

Mine came with two baskets too.

I have patterns, batteries, scissors, buttons, safety pins, basting spray, glue, etc etc

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190

Annie, I put all kinds of things on my peg board such as packages of needles, snaps, buttons, glue gun, mini iron, embroidery frames, craft supplies, patterns, anything I can hang up. I save the packages that items came in so I can hang them back up for storage.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190

Linda, great idea!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 12,890

Ive got a peg board and the answer to the question is what can't you hang on a peg board.. lol I can't hardly see it anymore, It works as a sewing center for my other machine and holds; roils of stabilizer, interfacing, appliqué backing, sewing threads, serger thread rack, tools not used often, two shelves full of embroidery blanks and boxes of scraps, boxes of squares, etc, a hanging spool for ribbons, plastic zipper bags with many items at the ready, inspiration items and of course a lamp is clipped to the underside of the shelf. It is organized really it is.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Points 2,430

Linda:

Since I don't have a lot of wall space because of windows, I took an old metal ironing board and took the legs off of it. I then spray painted it to match the room. The holes in the ironing board act like a peg board. I can hang hooks and baskets on it to store things just like a peg board. I can also put magnets on it to hold notes.  

Linda, this is a fantastic idea!  I would love to see a photo....I'm going to the local thrift shop today

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:04 AM

As to the question of what you can use pegboard for the answer is really anything that you want in sight.and can figure out a way of hanging. Personally I prefer my ruler rack  and bins to the pegboard but that is because pegboard gives me the feeling of clutter. I had never thought though that the ironing board could be my magnet board. New food for thought as my ironing board is just used as a table extension when I machine quilt.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 39,350
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:04 AM

Kathy,

Unfortunately, I'm in Arizona and the ironing board is in my home in Ohio. I don't have any photos with me. I can take a photo when I get home the end of March. Sorry.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 39,350
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:07 AM

MNnancy,

Maybe in the spring when I get back home. Thanks for mentioning it! Never thought about it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 10:13 AM

Mama Joy:
I put all kinds of things on my peg board such as packages of needles, snaps, buttons, glue gun, mini iron, embroidery frames, craft supplies, patterns, anything I can hang up. I save the packages that items came in so I can hang them back up for storage

Mama Joy and Caryl Anne,

Thanks for sharing.  I love the idea of putting everything up and accessible at the same time.  My standard poodle still thinks he's a puppy and that everything within his reach is fair game, (which is almost everything).  I also like the idea of removing the peg board when guests arrive as my sewing room doubles as a guest room too.

I am so grateful to all your wonderful and clever ideas.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

If you install the pegboard on the wall and you chose to frame the pegboard with wood (which isn't a bad idea because it is a little flexible) be aware that you will lose the use of the pegboard that is over the wood.  So if you only have a small space to put up the pegboard it may not be worth the effort.  You could use either bolts with spacers to hold it out from the wall just make the bolts long enough that it will not interfe with the hooks you choose. 

Is this clear?  I give my DH crap because his communication skills are sometimes lacking and he may have caught it from me.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,100
Cathy J replied on Mon, Jan 9 2012 6:31 PM

Wow, this is a great idea! I have my Mom's old ironing board this will be perfect. I was about to throw it out. I'm glad I can repurpose it.

Page 2 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use