Sewing room Pegboard

Page 1 of 6 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 15 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190
Mama Joy Posted: Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:46 AM

I hung a large pegboard in my sewing area. It's great for hanging all kinds of things and with different sizes of pegs and being able to move them around I can gets lots of things in an easy to see and reach place. It frees up table and drawer space and provides quick acess to lots of things I use often.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Mama Joy and welcome to QCA. Great tip I wish I had a place in my sewing room to hang on but my sewing room doubles as a spare bedroom.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi Mama Joy, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490

Welcome Mama Joy and thanks for the tip! I'm going to see if I can find room on one of the walls in my sewing room! It sounds like a very good way to get things off the floor and off my sewing table that I'm always having to move around.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:41 PM

Welcome MamaJoy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:42 PM

Mama Joy

Great tip.  Wish I had enough wall space to hang a peg board...LOL>   Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 2:23 PM

Welcome Mama Joy,

I use a peg board in my sewing room as well. It's not on a wall though. My room is half of a larger room so I put the pegboard on the back of a cabinet I bought at WalMart instead of the cardboard it came with. This cabinet serves as a room divider I have storage on the inside and outside of it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 4:09 PM

I loved to put up a peg board ,but my sewing room is in my front room and I really don't want to hang one in here . . and I really don't have the wall space in my corner . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,295

I'm lucky to have a separate sewing / craft / genealogy / sewing / storage / used to be bedroom ... room ...  so needless to say, it's full.  Furniture covers most of the wall space, so I hung my peg board behind the door.  It's close to where I cut, so my rulers & cutting tools are neatly out of my way,  yet handy & best of all, have a place to live when I clean things up.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,367
Points 37,280
Linda replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 7:26 PM

Welcome Mamma Joy! What a great tip.

Since I don't have a lot of wall space because of windows, I took an old metal ironing board and took the legs off of it. I then spray painted it to match the room. The holes in the ironing board act like a peg board. I can hang hooks and baskets on it to store things just like a peg board. I can also put magnets on it to hold notes. When I find another free old metal ironing board, I can put up another one in a narrow wall space. Hope this helps someone with little wall spaces.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the club Mama Joy.  Thanks for the tip.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 7:30 PM

Linda

That is a great tip also.  I will keep that in mind.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 96
Points 2,025
Barb S replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:40 PM

My sewing room doubles as a guest bedroom -- but I took the mirror off the dresser, hung my pegboard where the mirror was and stored the mirror behind the dresser.  I covered the dresser with a sheet of chipboard and put my cutting mat on top of that -- makes a great cutting center and I use the drawers to store my fabrics, with all my rulers and cutting tools hanging above on the pegboard.

When guests come, it's no problem to reverse the process, replacing the mirror on the dresser and storing my cutting tools and rulers out of sight, as we recently did when family came to stay for the holidays..  Of course, we don't often have overnight guests and we do have another guest bedroom, as well.  Just thought I would share.

BarbS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:07 PM

Welcome Mama Joy - great way to start the new year

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 6 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use