Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini Posted: Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:05 PM

last year wasn't a complete success,   i resolved to not buy more fabric all year.   i made it longer than i thought.   the plus side is,  i ended up with a lot less fabric total, so i am working down the stash.  too many people come into my studio and just start laughing away. 

so this year, my resolution is to keep chipping away at the stash and have a net loss at the end of this year, too.  

second resolution is to have fewer ufo's at the end of the year than i have right now.   deep breath, gini,  you can do this.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

You can do it Gini

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:12 PM

Gini

My resolution is to make as many quilts as possible.  Learn some new techniques.  And finish some UFOs.    And go to as many retreats as possible.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:20 PM

Resolution....I do have a stash problem, so AGAIN I resolve not to purchase fabric until I move out more of the stash.  I also have an attention deficit problem, so I resolve to stay on track and complete everything I begin.....I am getting older and my memory is not so good these day...I may not be able to remember my resolutions by next week. 8-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490

I resolve to spend at least 4 hours a week sewing. I also resolve to get my stash down and not buy any material I absolutely don't need - after today that is 8-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 3:12 PM

gini:

so this year, my resolution is to keep chipping away at the stash and have a net loss at the end of this year, too.  

second resolution is to have fewer ufo's at the end of the year than i have right now.   deep breath, gini,  you can do this.

Ditto your first two resolutions...my 3rd resolution is to clean and organize the sewing room so I can walk into it without stumbling over something.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 6:36 PM

New Years Resolution:   1. Win the lottery.     2.  WIn the other lottery.

Real NWR:  1. Make a Bible themed wall hanging for our Church.     2. Get the UFO pile finihed and gone!.   3.  Buy more fabric to build another UFO pile to work  on in 2013.   3. Win ALL the lotteries.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

gini:
  second resolution is to have fewer ufo's at the end of the year than i have right now. 

Good luck with that gini.:)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 10:23 PM

gini:
second resolution is to have fewer ufo's at the end of the year than i have right now.

This is what I want to do to. Those UFO's just take up precious space. I want to especially get some of those 'old' ones made into at least a charity or car/picnic quilt so i can claim that space for a new project!

I also need to buy a lot less fabric this year, my stash is getting years ahead of me. Need to close my eyes every time I see a great fabric sale!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 1 2012 11:56 PM

I resolve to cheer you all on on your respective journeys.

Go Gini, go Nana, go Spud, go Jacy, go Cindy, go LauraLyn, go Karla, go Sukochi. I'm doing back flips for all of you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:10 AM

Kris

That doesn't sound like a very productive resolution for you....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:48 AM

LOL Nana. I don't make resolutions (too much pressure) so this will have to do.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 2:55 AM

Mine is to sew /quilt,.buy fabric ,go to all the retreat ,bus tours ,sew /quillt, buy fabric. go to another bus tour,  sew /quilt go to another retreat  buy fabric , and sew/ quilt. buy fabric go to another retreat .  and then just sew /quits buy fabric ,and hit all the shop hops I can

Now the first month I'm going to go spend a few Days with Thea ,and we are have a sewing /PJ party for my birthday . I'm going to be the big 60

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:39 AM

Barbara

Happy 60th Birthday way early.  You have fun playing at Thea's.   And if you get a chance slip some of her stash into a bag for me....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:52 AM

Barbara:

Mine is to sew /quilt,.buy fabric ,go to all the retreat ,bus tours ,sew /quillt, buy fabric. go to another bus tour,  sew /quilt go to another retreat  buy fabric , and sew/ quilt. buy fabric go to another retreat .  and then just sew /quits buy fabric ,and hit all the shop hops I can

Now the first month I'm going to go spend a few Days with Thea ,and we are have a sewing /PJ party for my birthday . I'm going to be the big 60

Hey, Barbara - ME, TOO!!! We are TWINS!!!  :D  (,my BD is in March.... ) but then, my son's BD is the week before, and for the last - oh, I'd say, 20 years or so (since he turned 12) we have just been celebrating HIS, and I stay in the shadows.... 

You and I should go to Vegas or something.....

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use