rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 6:50 PM | Locked

Donna

Beautiful blocks and the others look so good . You're going to have bright and happy quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 17,565
Brigit-Carol replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 6:52 PM | Locked

Dara Beth -- love your colour choices, especially the double star.  I would never had thought of putting bright green with pink, but wow!  does it just go together so well and jump out at you.  Really wonderful.

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:05 PM | Locked

Dara Beth:
I finally got the pictures taken of my blocks.

Pretty blocks Dara Beth.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:23 PM | Locked

Dara Beth,

Love your blocks!  The pink and green combination is wonderful!

Max

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 6:56 PM | Locked

Thank you Ladies (Marie, Bonita, Belfrybat, Kris, & Max)!   I'm finally beginning to like my quilt.  I still think that there are many more that I like better, but it is growing on me.  :-)   I think the sashing will bring it together.  It is hard to believe that there are only a couple of more months to go and then we start putting it together. 

I really want to get back to my paper piecing projects (compass blocks & Harry Potter).  The poor things are really feeling neglected.  I have, however, managed to get a couple more of our cross stitch quilts completed.  Wooo Hoooo!! Here they are:

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 17,565
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:36 AM | Locked

Those are lovely.  Did you use counted cross stitch in the blocks? 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 12:18 PM | Locked

Dara Beth:

Dara Beth - your blocks are very stunning - I love the unusual fabrics that you have chosen to put together - very scrappy and they go together well...

Yes, I am using all the same fabric line - just different colors - bought 3 yards of each of these fabrics a few years ago and I am trying hard to reduce my stash so they will be used in this quilt and what is left will be sewn together in squares for the backing... 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:03 PM | Locked

Belfrybat:

Those are lovely.  Did you use counted cross stitch in the blocks? 

Thanks Belfrybat!  I did two of the blocks. The rest were done by other ladies that I work with.  Our group makes baby quilts for people having new babies in our office. We have around 85 people of all ages and a lot of them are in their 20's. There have been lots of babies lately.  The green one we gave to the mother-to-be this afternoon.  The other one will be presented next week.  The green one was actually the first one we have managed to get done before the baby arrived.   WoooHoooo!!  Quite often with the guys, we don't here about it until the due date is very near.  We've managed to clear some of our back log.  We have only 3 baby quilts left to do.  We have our fingers crossed that there aren't any more babies for a while. We are also working on 2 retirement quilts.  Those are reserved for members of our cross stitch quilt group.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:07 PM | Locked

Thea:

Dara Beth - your blocks are very stunning - I love the unusual fabrics that you have chosen to put together - very scrappy and they go together well...

Thanks Thea.  I've been trying to use up some of my scraps and keep to the pink background with miscellaneous greens with just a bit of yellow here and there.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 11:24 AM | Locked

Dara Beth:
Lots of quilty get well hugs, hug, hug, hug heading your way!

Thanks, Dara!  Healing thoughts are always appreciated!

Dara Beth:
The EPP was a surprise to me.  I expected to hate it and found instead that I really enjoyed it.

I found the same thing.  It's still not my favorite way to piece, as I am an "instant results" type of girl, but it is really nice to have as a project during chemo treatments and family get togethers and such.  I like to keep my hands busy while visiting, especially since I can't be in the sun these days and a lot of the family is into outdoor games.  There's still always someone for me to visit with, though, and it's nice to get some one-on-one time with these relatives.

I may not make the deadline for my August blocks.  Ben's side of the immediate family is coming over on Tuesday for Ben's birthday so I plan on using most of my time I can stay awake cleaning.  I'll be really happy once it's done, though.  And the cleaning includes my studio, which really needs it.  It will be nice to work in it once it's tidied up a bit.  I do so love my little studio/office!  And I know it's possible to have it clean, as I have the proof below.  (I do have about 3 or 4 more tubs of quilting fabric now, though, so organizing and getting that put away has been interesting!)  You have to admit that only tub of quilting fabric under the cutting table looked *very* lonely.  Now I have 2 rolling carts, and part of my shelving cleaned out for fabric storage.  I may still have to purge some other items so I have more room for fabric stashing.  These pics are from a few years ago and I now have a *lot* more stuff that needs to fit in this room.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  I still love all of the blocks I am seeing - keep them coming, they are all so beautiful!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

Claudette,

you have a really great space. Thanks for sharing.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:31 AM | Locked

Claudette:

Dara Beth:
Lots of quilty get well hugs, hug, hug, hug heading your way!

Thanks, Dara!  Healing thoughts are always appreciated!

Dara Beth:
The EPP was a surprise to me.  I expected to hate it and found instead that I really enjoyed it.

I found the same thing.  It's still not my favorite way to piece, as I am an "instant results" type of girl, but it is really nice to have as a project during chemo treatments and family get togethers and such.  I like to keep my hands busy while visiting, especially since I can't be in the sun these days and a lot of the family is into outdoor games.  There's still always someone for me to visit with, though, and it's nice to get some one-on-one time with these relatives.

I may not make the deadline for my August blocks.  Ben's side of the immediate family is coming over on Tuesday for Ben's birthday so I plan on using most of my time I can stay awake cleaning.  I'll be really happy once it's done, though.  And the cleaning includes my studio, which really needs it.  It will be nice to work in it once it's tidied up a bit.  I do so love my little studio/office!  And I know it's possible to have it clean, as I have the proof below.  (I do have about 3 or 4 more tubs of quilting fabric now, though, so organizing and getting that put away has been interesting!)  You have to admit that only tub of quilting fabric under the cutting table looked *very* lonely.  Now I have 2 rolling carts, and part of my shelving cleaned out for fabric storage.  I may still have to purge some other items so I have more room for fabric stashing.  These pics are from a few years ago and I now have a *lot* more stuff that needs to fit in this room.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  I still love all of the blocks I am seeing - keep them coming, they are all so beautiful!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:46 AM | Locked

ok. well I haven't a clue where my mind went....  LaLa Land I guess. :-)    Here is the text that was supposed to go with the 'reply' above....  Sheeeessse!  

Claudette, you've got a great studio!  Lots of space but I know what you mean about always trying to get more 'stuff' into the same space.  It is what I do all the time with my sewing room.  I love what you did with your wall space, especially the pegboard.  I've been wanting to put some up in my room too.  Just haven't gotten it done yet.  I've got a little over 2 feet of perpendicular wall space right next to a doorway that would be great for the pegboard.  I'm thinking that it would be a good place to hang my stencils, rulers, etc. as they would not jut out into the walkway.  Now to get it done... ;o) 

I've been trying to clean up my room by finishing off a few projects.  I've gotten 2 baby quilts, and a bed runner finished, but I've still got to get the binding on my mystery quilt 6. I've also got a table topper for my DD to quilt and bind, not to mention my other BOM paper-piecing project, my Harry Potter Project of Doom and my 'Scrap Happy' quilt.  So many things I want to do and not enough time....  Working sure does get in the way of my fun, but it pays the bills. Ha Ha Ha.

I'm so glad that you are getting out and able to visit with the relatives.  I'm sure they appreciate having someone to just sit and talk with. 

Don't work too hard on the cleaning.  Quilty Hugs!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

Did anyone notice their Craftsy Email this week announcing that Amy Gibson had her twin boys last Friday evening?  They are doing well; both boys weighed exactly 3# 5oz.. Check out your emails for the pics and details...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,190
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:32 AM | Locked

Hello All,

Due to the high volume of posts, this thread has been locked and a new one has been made. Please post in the Craftsy Block of the Month #2 discussion.

QCA Mandy

Page 159 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use