Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 152 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:07 AM | Locked

Belfrybat,

Glad you are going to join us in the Craftsy BOM.  I don't know that the projects for each month have gotten harder as the year has gone along. Some months have been harder than others for me, but that is because I struggle with working with HST (half-square triangles). I can just look at one and break out in a rash!!  I think the important part is that you just start. Between the video and the printed instructions you should be able to do any of these blocks.

If you go back through the pages of this forum thread you will see many of us have used a scrappy theme in our blocks. Some don't have any two blocks using the same colors, some mix different fabrics in each month but have a 'main' color or fabric that ties all the blocks together. I decided to stay with black/white/gray fabrics with a solid white background. It is just kind of whatever you want to do, whatever colors you like and want to use.  If you plan of giving it to someone when it is finished you may even want to use colors they enjoy.

Have fun, and post some pictures of your blocks as you finish them. We love pictures!

Max

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:36 AM | Locked

Annie, I love your blocks with all those dots in them!  And your fussy cut is so dainty and pretty.  Good job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

BB, I've been toying with doing these blocks as well but looks like you're going to take the plunge before me.  Good luck and have fun.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:43 AM | Locked

Claudette:
Ok, I lied... actually, I couldn't sleep, even though I was tired.  So since I'd already had my blades cut out for the modern Dresden, I sewed it up quick

Claudette, you are amazing, not feeling up to par and getting your blocks done anyway.  You go girl!  I love all your blocks, so bright and cheery!  Feel better my friend, God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 736
Points 18,435
Brigit-Carol replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

Claudette, WOW!  And double wow!  That will be some gorgous quilt.  OK, if I wasn't sold before, I for sure am now.  I think I'll use a navy blue or forest green for the background instead of the white.  I'll see what I can find on sale tomorrow.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,903
Points 69,345
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:20 AM | Locked

Claudette, Both of your blocks are gorgeous against the black.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:40 PM | Locked

Great job on your blocks everybody.  I did get mine done, just have to take the pictures. Been in pain here with my foot and have not been able to get around. Found out I cant take any pain meds without getting sick, uggg. So Its motrin and tylenol only to take the edge off.

Back to bed.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Debbie (Dainty):
have not been able to get around

Debbie please take care of yourself first.  Like they say about dust, the quilting will wait for you. Look at me, I'm 5 months behind on this BOM.  Too much to do and not enough time.  School starts in three weeks.  (UGH!!) Hope you feel better very soon.  Prayers and quilty hugs to you.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Thank  you Mimi, The prayers are huggs are much needed.....Trying to do things a little at a time.

Here are my blocks. I got the hexi one done too. Went with flowers cause I wanted to work a bee into it. (Debbie means 'The bee'.) That block took me the longest. And my star block is a bit small. Will try to make up for it when I sash them.  The second pic is of the other blocks.

Debbie

Mimi:

Debbie (Dainty):
have not been able to get around

Debbie please take care of yourself first.  Like they say about dust, the quilting will wait for you. Look at me, I'm 5 months behind on this BOM.  Too much to do and not enough time.  School starts in three weeks.  (UGH!!) Hope you feel better very soon.  Prayers and quilty hugs to you.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 11:47 AM | Locked

Hope you're feeling better Debbie

Love your blocks - they look so pretty altogether - very serene

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,903
Points 69,345
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 2:17 PM | Locked

All are beautiful but I really like hexi one. The bee is a cute touch.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 2:44 PM | Locked

Beautiful blocks Debbie, I love your color combination and I especially love your hexi block with the cute little bee.  Take care and feel better.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 2:57 PM | Locked

Debbie,

Your blocks are looking SO GOOD!!  It's going to be a beautiful quilt!  Your bee is darling, and I love the way your greens are looking with the blues.

Big gentle hugs and good thoughts coming your way!

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 5:06 PM | Locked

LOVE your hexi block, Debbie!  I have a thing for bees too, and that turned out *so* cute!  I like your color pallete.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 5:44 PM | Locked

Thanks everybody. For the compliments and the huggs and prayers.  I am humbled. You are all so nice.

I do read all the posts and love seeing your pictures. I just cant sit very long at the computer to comment.

Thank you again.

Deb 

Page 152 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use