Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 151 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 149 150 151 152 153 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:35 PM | Locked

Thank you BBmom, Pat & Bonita.,

I struggled finding the 3rd color in  the 3 colored star block so decided to use the background fabric instead.  It isn't a very bright contrasting star, but then I figured there is so much going on with the other blocks a little tamer block couldn't hurt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:36 PM | Locked

Beverly, it is one of their online classes. click on the online classes and scroll thru them till you see the block of the month. Most classes cost money but that one is free.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:39 PM | Locked

Beverly, it is the last class at the bottom of this page

http://www.craftsy.com/classes/quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 75
Beverly Nixon replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:43 PM | Locked

Hi Sheri A.

Could you pleease send the Email for this block of the month.  I can't seem to get it in the craftsy's web page for it I can't find it enyware on there sight.

Thank you so much

dolls6

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,822
Points 365,972
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 10:26 PM | Locked

Annie:
Had a lot of fun making these 2 blocks this month

They're very pretty Annie.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 1:00 PM | Locked

Annie:

Had a lot of fun making these 2 blocks this month

I really love these, Annie!  I'm using the same dot/stripe fabric you used in the aqua and yellow block in my own blocks.  It's really neat to see how just a different background color creates a whole new look!  I like how the lighter background seems to calm the funky prints down a bit while still allowing the colors and piecing to shine.  I'm using black and I think it might be a bit too much for some of these fabrics, but I'm plowing ahead to see how it all turns out. 

You did a really nice job!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070
Brigit-Carol replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 1:27 PM | Locked

Well, you all convinced me!  I signed up at Craftsy and downloaded all the months done so far.  Since I'm a beginner, do you think I can just jump in with this month or do the months build on each other skill-wise?  I'll eventually do them all, but would love to be working on the same design as the rest of you. 

I'm off to the "big city" on Tuesday and will hit Hobby Lobby to find some fabrics.  I don't have $85.00 to spend on Craftsy's fabric bundle for this project.  If I get enough to use for the background (4 yds., I think), can I then mix and match the other colours? 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,441
Points 243,597
Thea replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 1:53 PM | Locked

Annie - your blocks are very pretty - love that fussy cut center - I have mine done but no picture yet - will try and get that done sometime today!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 7:21 PM | Locked

You are all such an inspiration to me!  I actually felt well enough to do a little sewing today.  I'm not really happy with how it came out, as I'm having problems with both my zigzag and buttonhole edge techniques, but I figure I can blame it on chemo brain and use it to record a life experience.  :)  If anyone has hints to share on how to properly applique with a buttonhole stitch, I am all ears - I really love the look but I don't know how to achieve a consistent edge.  Lucky for me I used a black background so the mistakes don't show up *too* badly.

So I finished a Dresden - only 5 more blocks and I can be caught up with you all.  :)

I like the looks of these Dresdens quite a bit.  I think once my life gets back to normal I would like to make a whole quilt of these with '30's repro fabric. 

I'm getting tired so I'm not sure I'll be able to get much more sewing done tonight, but I just had to share with you all.

Hope you are all having a great weekend! 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,822
Points 365,972
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:46 PM | Locked

Claudette:
So I finished a Dresden...

I like it Claudette. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:50 PM | Locked

Ok, I lied... actually, I couldn't sleep, even though I was tired.  So since I'd already had my blades cut out for the modern Dresden, I sewed it up quick.  Again, not my best job, but I'm learning stuff so I guess that's something.  This was super fast, but I like the other style much better.  But I am now only behind by 4 blocks.  I feel like I really got something accomplished this weekend!

My apologies to Max... I really did have these striped blades cut out before I saw your block. 

So here's where I am so far...

I need to go pick up June and then do this month's blocks.  Thank you all for being such an inspiration to me this weekend!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 11:24 PM | Locked

Claudette, I think your blocks are so pretty. Using the black background makes them look less scrappy. I really like that. I would never in a million years thought to use black. Great choice. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 11:37 PM | Locked

Claudette, I love your blocks.  The colors are so bright!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,822
Points 365,972
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 11:42 PM | Locked

Claudette,

your second Dresden looks great too. I really like them all together. WTG.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 11:51 PM | Locked

Claudette,

I love both of your blocks, but I am really really impressed with the  modern one!  Beautiful!!  It looks like it is spinning away!

So glad you are feeling a little better. Get lots of rest!

Max

• | Post Points: 20
Page 151 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 149 150 151 152 153 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use