Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 67 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 470
Judy replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

sorry, couldn't figure out how to post.the pictures on the earlier post.  I just noticed that my place mats go very nicely with them.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:51 AM | Locked

Judy

These are very pretty.  I really like the colors that you are using.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:04 PM | Locked

I enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful blocks.  I, like many of you, find the scrappy look a little jarring, but I'm having so much fun making these blocks I don't mind.  I just finished mine after working on them in bits and pieces during the last four days.  Some of my blocks measure 12 1/4 instead of 12 1/2.  I can't figure this out because I have double and triple checked my cutting measurements and my 1/4 inch seam.  Could it be because I'm using steam in my iron and some of the fabrics are shrinking?   I've pre-washed most of the fabrics, but may have missed a couple.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana.  I found the pattern.  I love it.  Now I have another quilt to make!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:20 PM | Locked

JAP,

I'm liking your quilt better and better each block you add!  It is going to be a fabulous Christmas quilt. Love how you are tying the blocks together with the red and white fabric.  Good Job!

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:23 PM | Locked

Judy,

Very nice colors! And they do match your placemats. They must be some of your favorite colors.

Max

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

So very pretty

• Sheila from Shenandoah, Virginia
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:46 PM | Locked

Dara,  Your greens are so pretty. I would never have thought to mix in pink with the bright greens, but it looks so good!

Patricia Faye,  Like all your blocks together.  They are really looking nice.

These blocks are so much fun to do, and then its exciting to see what everyone else is doing with their color choices. I'm seeing lots of combinations that I am really liking, but would never have thought of using on my own. It is fun, and only a little stressful sometimes, to step out of our comfort zones and try something new! It is nice to start to see an overall pattern developing when all six blocks are posted together.  Wonder what April will bring?

Max 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,903
Points 69,330
Bonita replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:12 PM | Locked

Patricia, I just love your truly scrappy blocks.

Dara Beth, I like how sweet your pink and greens go so well with each other.

Judy, Beautiful blues. great job.

Jap, every time I see your blocks, it makes me want to go dig out my Christmas fabric. Can't wait to see it finished.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:25 PM | Locked

Judy:

sorry, couldn't figure out how to post.the pictures on the earlier post.  I just noticed that my place mats go very nicely with them.

Very nice, Judy.  I really like your colors.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:29 PM | Locked

I'm using fabrics from scraps and my stash so this is going to be very scrappy.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

JAP:

I enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful blocks.  I, like many of you, find the scrappy look a little jarring, but I'm having so much fun making these blocks I don't mind.  I just finished mine after working on them in bits and pieces during the last four days.  Some of my blocks measure 12 1/4 instead of 12 1/2.  I can't figure this out because I have double and triple checked my cutting measurements and my 1/4 inch seam.  Could it be because I'm using steam in my iron and some of the fabrics are shrinking?   I've pre-washed most of the fabrics, but may have missed a couple.

JAP, these are great in the Christmas fabrics.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:00 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Dara Beth, I think you must have a well organized system for scraps if you were able to pull so many green strips so easily.  I really like the bright shades of green that you used.  I'm going to have to skim through earlier messages to remind myself what your first four blocks look like.

Hi Nancy.   Thanks for the kind words.  Yes my system finally showed it's worth.  Only problem is that some of the drawers are pretty well stuffed so it is good that I can put some of them to use. LOL   My other blocks were the pink background with darker greens.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,948
Points 125,485
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:01 PM | Locked

Sheri A.:

I'm using fabrics from scraps and my stash so this is going to be very scrappy

Sheri, I love the pastels. Really very pretty.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:03 PM | Locked

Darlene:

Dara Beth, love the greens.  Great contrast.  You have done a wonderful job.

Keep up the good work and you will have a wonderful quilt.

Thanks Darlene.  It is nice to be here and to get feedback.  If I showed a block to my husband he'd just give me a funny look and say something like "now what do you do with it"  or "do you really need another quilt, don't we have enough".  LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Page 67 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use