Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 66 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye:

Patricia, I love how well your six blocks go together!  Good job on the newest two!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:10 PM | Locked

Dara Beth:

All of my fabric was already in strips in my scrap drawers so it was pretty easy to do these with the cutting already done.

Dara Beth, I think you must have a well organized system for scraps if you were able to pull so many green strips so easily.  I really like the bright shades of green that you used.  I'm going to have to skim through earlier messages to remind myself what your first four blocks look like.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635
Darlene replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:32 PM | Locked

Dara Beth, love the greens.  Great contrast.  You have done a wonderful job.

Keep up the good work and you will have a wonderful quilt.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:02 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye:
I finally got around to sewing the March blocks today.  I had the strips cut out and waiting, but needed to find time to sit down to sew.   I used remnants from the first blocks & some additional colors from my stash.   Also included a picture of  all 6 blocks together. 

Your blocks are beautiful Patricia. I really like your fabrics. The string blocks are awesome.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:04 AM | Locked

Dara Beth:
I've had my blocks done for a few days, but just got the pictures taken...Random is very hard for me so this was way out of my comfort zone.  I need a project like this to make me push my boundaries. LOL

I like your blocks a lot Dara Beth. The pink with the greens is fabulous. You did a very nice job with the strings.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:51 AM | Locked

Dara Beth - I love love love your green blocks!  Green is one of my favorites (but then again I think at one point or another all colors are my favorites... except for maybe yellow, and even that looks good on flowers and old cars.)

I have to dress like a Leprechaun next week for work (they're having "Spirit Week", kind of like High School homecoming.)  It supposed to be a stress reliever.  But I got nominated to dress as a Leprechaun (our team gets a bonus 50 points if a team member does and they know I am the one that's most into costuming.)  I find your blocks very inspiring!  Can't wait to see this finished!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,308
Points 254,959
Barbara replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:12 AM | Locked

Claudette ,Yoiu have to take a picture ,I think its great you are doing this .I know you will have great fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:31 AM | Locked

Patricia how beautiful!!

• Sheila from Shenandoah, Virginia
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:33 AM | Locked

Pretty blocks Dara Beth. By the way, where is Mineral Springs? We go thru West Virginia when I go home to Kentucky.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 7:38 AM | Locked

Yes, Claudette, please take a picture of the Leprechaun & post it for us!  I am the one that gets "talked into" doing crazy things like that at church...one time as a clown I had about 30 ponytails sticking straight out all over my head!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,470
safrmaz replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:17 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye:

I finally got around to sewing the March blocks today.  I had the strips cut out and waiting, but needed to find time to sit down to sew.   I used remnants from the first blocks & some additional colors from my stash.   Also included a picture of  all 6 blocks together. 

I really like your blocks, Patricia!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,470
safrmaz replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:20 AM | Locked

Dara Beth:

Hi everyone!

I've had my blocks done for a few days, but just got the pictures taken.  I wish I could take better pics; they always seem to be 'crooked'.  Oh well!   Here they are. I have to say that I was more comfortable with the second block since it wasn't as bulky as the first.  Random is very hard for me so this was way out of my comfort zone.  I need a project like this to make me push my boundaries. LOL

All of my fabric was already in strips in my scrap drawers so it was pretty easy to do these with the cutting already done.

Very nice blocks, Dara Beth!  I like the greens.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 470
Judy replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:33 AM | Locked

love how your fabrics go together!  Judy from Maine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 470
Judy replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:50 AM | Locked

Here is my picture of the first six blocks.  Not sure how to start a new post, so i will add them here. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 470
Judy replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:58 AM | Locked

Here are my first six blocks.  On the last two blocks , I experimented in order to save my background block.  I used rectangles of my background placed on a scrap cloth triangle for the spiderweb, and a strip on the center of the small square for the string piece on the right.  The scrap cloth replaced the whole square(s) of my background cloth.  Judy From Maine

Page 66 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.