Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 63 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:33 AM | Locked

Everyone has been making such pretty blocks!

Jacy--I love your pink/brown combination.  So pretty.

Claudette--I LOVE your blocks!  Your quilt is going to be a knockout!   Maybe you can use that second block for a pillow top to throw on the couch.

MMM--Your blocks look wonderful. Sorry you had so much trouble with them. I understand. Love those redtones. You did a really nice job mixing them up, and still keeping a coordinated look.

Thea--So soft and dainty!  Cozy looking!   Are the patterns all the same, just different colors?  I haven't been able to decide.

Annie--Pretty blocks!  Love the color mix going on with them.  I would wait to redo any of them. We may get some blocks later on that will let you pull in the colors from the pound block, and that will keep it from looking so lonely.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. It wasn't intentional, and I apologize.

I did work on the blocks yesterday and today.  They fought me, or I fought them, not sure which. I like string quilts, but I haven't used either method used in this month's blocks. For some reason they both just seemed ackward to me. I see lots of flaws in both of them, but I don't think I'm going to change them at this point. They will be a learning process for me.  Part of the stuggle may have been because my hands are acting up.  I'm still trying to learn to not use my thumbs for anything. If thousands of animals can make do without opposable thumbs I should be able to, also. Right?

Here's Jan, Feb, and March blocks. The black border is just pinned around them so the don't blend into the design board:

Have a productive quilty day!

Max

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:38 AM | Locked

Max

I am really liking the blacks and grays.  Very pretty blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:43 AM | Locked

Sheila,

Thank you!  The black and whites have been different for me and I've been surprised at how they look. I have started another b/w quilt and I'm really having fun with it. It's a wonky log cabin. I'm getting anxious to get the top finished, but I'm only about half way. Patience! Dear Lord! Give me patience right now!

Max

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 5:30 AM | Locked

Wow Max, you are going to have a wonderful quilt when this is all done

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 7:18 AM | Locked

Max,

At first glance it looks like the pictures of your blocks were taken in back and white.

Love the look, I never knew there were so many variations of black, white and gray. Can't wait to see it done.

And, you're right, I'm going to wait till the end before I start making any changes.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:51 AM | Locked

Thanks for the compliments, Max.  I'm saving the "left" block for a future project - I figure I'll save any scraps from this current project and make more strip blocks with the leftovers.  It will be enought for a start of another quilt I am sure.  Maybe I can add some other scraps in too - I have quite a collection of bright fabrics in my stash.

I'm absolutely loving your blocks as well.  There's just so much depth in your blocks.  I can't wait to see how it all ends up.  We have so many nice combinations people have been posting - very inspirational!  I'm really loving that we can have so many different interpretations and colorsways of the same blocks.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Sheila:
she picked your blocks above that she liked best & especially the one on the left! 

Sheila, please tell your granddaughter thank you for me.  Does she sew yet?  I'm looking forward to possibly treaching my nieces how to sew when they get a little older.  Their mom is a very tiny woman (under 5 feet tall) and I plan to impress upon them the need to be able to sew so that they can create their own clothes when they get older - will save them a ton in tailoring costs.  They are also very artistic so as they get older I can help them design their own dresses and such.  (no children of my own so I get to spoil the nieces.)  If they show any interest at all, I'll be sure to buy them each their own first machine.  (possibly Hello Kitty? I'm sure that would get their attention!)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,904
Points 69,330
Bonita replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 2:58 PM | Locked

Max, that's going to be a stunning quilt. Love B&W.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,055
Points 20,130
Beth Weigt replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Just found this thread yesterday!  Decided to post my Craftsy BOM picture.  If this does not give you nightmares nothing will

Beth from Illinois

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 4:32 PM | Locked

Got to playing with Photoshop Elements today...this may be the wildest quilt idea ever...

Might be fun to make out of scraps, though!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 5:18 PM | Locked

Claudette,

I really like that!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,365
Carol W replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 5:20 PM | Locked

Claudette, your idea on Photoshop is really cool!  I love it.  When can we expect to see it in fabric??

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,365
Carol W replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 5:22 PM | Locked

Beth, don't know why you think it would give us nightmares.  This is my kind of quilt - totally scrappy!  Looking good.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 5:25 PM | Locked

Carol W:

Claudette, your idea on Photoshop is really cool!  I love it.  When can we expect to see it in fabric??

You know, I might actually do it... someday.  Right now I have this BOM, plus a quilt I am making out of 30's repro prints for my bedroom, a baby quilt, another quilt idea that's been running amok in my head, and I got some cute "This and That" pillow patterns today that I really want to make.  Plus I need some new clothes in there somewhere as well.  But I'll put it on my "someday" list as I think it could look really cool in the right fabrics.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 5:42 PM | Locked

Annie:

Here are all of my blocks so far.

Great blocks Annie!  I does seem as though the blocks are getting 'busier' as we go along.  Maybe the first months blocks are to give us a place to stop and rest ? LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Page 63 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use