Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 60 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 7:26 PM | Locked

Claudette,  I'm voting for the one on the left, too.  In my mind, it's brighter and more random as I tend to think string quilts should be, and, as Dara Beth said, the stripe on the bias adds interest.  They're both very pretty, though!

MMM, no tears allowed in quilting!  Think fun!  Think random!  Think seams don't have to match in a string block!  Think about doing Nana's mystery bag quilt again to renew that carefree feeling!  LOL  Both of your blocks turned out lovely!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 7:32 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:

Congratulations, These are really colorful! I am not particularly fond of strip quilts and today I figured out why! As I was doing the Spiderweb, I had myself in tears, yes after over 25 years of quilting I was crying... I figured out why I've never made a strip quilt - I cannot stand the confusion of all those pieces and the basic disordered mess I had trying to figure out what to put where. The first one wasn't too bad, but OMG, the trouble I had with that spideweb... Anyway, here there are:

I think you did a great job, MMM!  I especially like the color combo of the bottom block.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 7:44 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 Think about doing Nana's mystery bag quilt

Nancy

I was thinking the same thing.   Maybe we need to revisit the bag quilt so some of our ladies can give up control a little better....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:51 PM | Locked

Got the second block done.  Here's the collection so far...

These really are fun!  I think the string blocks are the hardest yet, though - not to make, but deciding where the colors should go was frustrating.  Maybe if I hadn't picked such a wild pallette of colors I would have had an easier time.  But my quilt will be bright and colorful and happy- and those are the things I'm aiming for.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110
Patricia Faye replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:57 PM | Locked

Claudette,  I love both of your blocks.  The colors are vibrant!  

I hope to work on my blocks tomorrow.  

Hope you feel better soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 9:29 PM | Locked

Now I see why you didn't want to use the block with the diagonal stripes!  I'd forgotten your brilliant combinations!  What a fun quilt this will be!  Do you know who is getting it yet?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 9:47 PM | Locked

Claudette

Your blocks are great.  Your quilt is going to be so cheerful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 9:50 PM | Locked

Claudette,

I love all your bright colors. I wish I would have used a color other than white for my asterisk and wonky pound sign blocks. I guess I can always change them. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:17 PM | Locked

Claudette, your second block turned at so pretty and bright. You're going to have beautiful quilt when done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 1:51 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist,

your blocks are lovely. Sorry they gave you so much trouble. I think we all have a block we just don't like.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 6:30 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Now I see why you didn't want to use the block with the diagonal stripes!  I'd forgotten your brilliant combinations!  What a fun quilt this will be!  Do you know who is getting it yet?

Yes.  This one is for ME.  I hardly ever make anything for myself (mostly clothing, really) so I think it's about time.  I wanted something bright and cheery to curl up in for the MN winters (even though this year hasn't been so bad, you never know.)  Plus, since I am fairly new to quilting, I am not as worried if I make a mistake during the learning process, since it will be mine. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 6:58 AM | Locked

Claudette, I loved both versions - great stripe fabric.

MMM:  As always, yours are beautiful -- Haven't started my blocks yet, maybe this weekend!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 7:22 AM | Locked

Claudette, this is going to be a stunning quilt when done. good for you for keeping this one for yourself

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 7:46 AM | Locked

Claudette:

Got the second block done.  Here's the collection so far...

These really are fun!  I think the string blocks are the hardest yet, though - not to make, but deciding where the colors should go was frustrating.  Maybe if I hadn't picked such a wild pallette of colors I would have had an easier time.  But my quilt will be bright and colorful and happy- and those are the things I'm aiming for.

OMG this is going to be fabulous! I'm hoping you are going to display it or at least fold it up before you try to go to sleep! LOL I just love the colors, great Summer Quilt.

Thank you all for enlightening me on my control issues lol - Today is "tax day" for us, so now I know I lose all control!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 7:48 AM | Locked

Maggie:

Claudette, I loved both versions - great stripe fabric.

MMM:  As always, yours are beautiful -- Haven't started my blocks yet, maybe this weekend!

Come on Maggie, I really want to see what you are doing. Have you made January and February?

Page 60 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use