Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month class

Page 39 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,384 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Jan 30 2012 11:35 PM | Locked

Greg--Very nice blocks!  Welcome to the group. Hope to see you drop in often. I like your green fabric. Maybe it can pop in on some more blocks to help balance it.

Judy--thank you for the link. I think will be really helpful. I like the fabric choices you have made. They look good together. Glad to hear you are recovering from your bout with shingles. It isn't any fun.

Nancy--have a safe trip. Force yourself to help the Texas economy. Buy lots of pretty fabric.

Okay...I finished my Feb BOM. They aren't pretty, but they are done. And I think they are about as good as I can get HST!  I keep trying to like the chunky chevron, but it just seems dense, heavy, something...as a whole quilt it would be fine. (Not for me cause it would require me to do a lot of HSTs!) but as just a single block it seems overpowering. IMHO.  Do not adjust your color--they are black and white.

Off to the sewing room to see about a log cabin in the woods.

Max

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 30 2012 11:48 PM | Locked

Max

These are stunning.  I love the grey that you used in the Feb blocks.  This quilt is going to be gorgeous.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 12:24 AM | Locked

Max, I love these blocks. It looks so modern and fresh. Not so cutesy and flowery as many quilt are. I love the border also.  Adds even more interest. I give it two thumbs up.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 12:54 AM | Locked

Pretty Chevron Judy from Maine.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 12:55 AM | Locked

Max,

your blocks are stunning. I'm glad you got the errors sorted out. Nice work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:02 AM | Locked

Max, great blocks

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:22 AM | Locked

Max... great blocks, really love the black white and shades of grey,.. ....But I feel like I need to reach for a crayon. lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 470
Judy replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:52 AM | Locked

Max, Many of us are scared of monochromatic, You make it look easy.  This will be stunning!  I can't wait to see it all together!  Judy from Maine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 470
Judy replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:58 AM | Locked

MN Nancy, glad you checked out the color tool, I am thrilled with it.  You can change the angle by dragging the non-shaded circle.  This lets you tweak the choices if you have a couple fabrics that you want to include and see what the possibilities are.  Some are very daring!!! Claudette would jump right in, as her brave and wonderful stripes and bold colors show.  This would give me more confidence to try some choices that i might love but not be daring enough to try without the colorwheel encouragement.  It also can validate choices you have made and want to see where they are on the color wheel.  Many of us (I) get stuck in a rut without varying our palette-- this also gives me an excuse to go shopping for a color or two that I want to include, but don't have.  [ grin]  Judy from Maine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 470
Judy replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:07 AM | Locked

Hi Maggie, I used to hate to "use up" things that I loved from my stash.  Then, I was diagnosed with cancer.  It changed my view.  If I don't use them, who will?  The joy of buying them and owning them is only compounded by the joy of planning, sewing, and finishing something with them.  Whether you keep it or give it away, you have truly loved the fabric by using it and giving yourself the joy of the experience.  Then the things you leave, will truly reflect what you loved -- your stash will not do that once you are gone.  So, (sorry if this is a downer) Use it, it is a way of loving and sharing what you love, AND you have an excuse to purchase more things that you can love and share by using them.  BTW I am three years since diagnosis and all scans show me to be cancer-free.  I am actually grateful that I had a wake-up call to enjoy life to the fullest and be thankful to God for each day He has given me!  I share this, because I would spare you my experience to learn what I have learned.  I also love the challenge of finding the perfect things for a quilt.... already in my stash.  Judy from Maine

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:31 AM | Locked

Judy, you are such a positive person. Three years. Wow!  God creates miracles everyday and you are one. You know having your quilting to focus on is a great motivator. You go girl, keep it up and keep God close.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:01 AM | Locked

Judy, thank you for the color tool.  My grandson loves orange and I needed a color palate to go with orange and I chose complimentary.  I may just see what pleases his eye and use that.

I am happy that you are three years cancer free, praise God.  And I agree use those fabrics that you love so much because if you don't someone else will.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 111
Points 3,235
Greg replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:10 AM | Locked

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome everyone!

Greg E

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Max your blocks are outstanding , love the blaxk and white  looks amazing ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:35 AM | Locked

Greg  I some how missed welcoming you to the club , Hope you enjoy your time with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 39 of 159 (2385 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use