Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Sat, Dec 10 2011 12:35 PM

I just signed up for the paper piecing class on craftsy.com.  I won't do anything with it until after the holidays but I thought $29.99 for an anytime and forever class was pretty reasonable. I'm a novice to paper piecing. The closest I've gotten was hexagons for a doll quilt and the strip piecing for Bonnie Hunter. We'll see how well I like the course and, for that matter, more complex paper piecing.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 12:52 PM

Judy T-B.

I just signed up for the class on strip paper piecing.  Is that the one you signed up for?  I have done paper piecing before but thought I could use a refresher.  And I've never done it with strips before.  I'll be waiting until after the holidays too.  Hope to be able to share with you when I have time to do the lessons.  Maybe it will snow a lot this winter and I'll have some days off of school to devote to the course.  If not when the house work is manageable then I'll be able to quilt all weekend.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 1:03 PM

Judy, I singed up for this class also ,I also am doing the Stupendous Stitching class and having fun with this one .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Mimi:
I just signed up for the class on strip paper piecing.  Is that the one you signed up for?

Hi Mimi, Yes, the strip paper piecing is the one I signed up for. I'd love to have someone to compare notes with.

It just occured to me that in "my day" (many decades ago), we wouldn't have even thought of the possibility of instantly sharing pictures, tips, notes with someone clear across the country. While I wasn't exactly horse and buggy, pen pals were as close as I came to communicating with someone in a different part of the country or world. Because of the internet we have an entire new world open to us.

I love QCA and the wonderful quilters I've met online and in person. Oh Lordy, I think I'm going to get teary.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:19 PM

Oh, Judy, I just signed up for this, too!  Not only did $29 sound like a good deal, you can choose a second class for free!  Haven't decided on the second one yet.  What would some of you who have taken Craftsy classes recommend?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:21 PM

Nancy ,the paper piecing was my free class .I am doing the Stupendous Stitching class as well. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:29 PM

I'm signing up for the paper piecing class, too.  I already take the Free Motion Quilting class and I really like it.  Can't decide what I want to take for my free class.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

MNnancy:
Oh, Judy, I just signed up for this, too!  Not only did $29 sound like a good deal, you can choose a second class for free

What???? I missed the free class...I'll have to check into that.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:45 PM

The details on the free class are supposed to be included in the confirmation letter, but I have not received the confirmation yet even though I'm already able to log into the paper piecing class.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:46 PM

Judy they should have sent you an e-mail letting you know about it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:38 PM

Judy -

In my confirmation letter it didn't say anything about a free class.  it did say I could join any other class for just $25 this week only.  So I guess different offers went out to different people??  Anyhow, I'm looking forward to having time to learn lots of new things.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,551
Points 47,800

I also signed up for the Stupendous Stitching and got the paper piecing class for free. The offerr was in a second email, not the confirmation one. Can't go wrong with two classes for $29.99.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,551
Points 47,800

I will also be waiting till after the holidays to start the paper piecing class. I will probably get started on making the Stitch Bible for the Stupendous class because that is going to take a while. Should be easy, just time consuming. ROFLOL, It is not even the new year and I have already broken my resolution to not start anything new until I finish a few things. Oh well, I'm a quilter, what else can I say.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:03 AM

Pat, just remember your resolution doesn't start until after the new year, so you have plenty of time to start alot more projects lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:09 AM

Barbara, Where do you get all your energy  from??? We will just have to call you  "The Energizer Bunny" Is this what retirement is all about??? I want some of It!!! LOL Susan

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use