Elephants in Enid, OK

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 4:11 AM

Althea,   I hope you are not going around hitting those elephants in Enid.  Just saw an article in the paper.  Couple sideswipe an elephant in Enid, OK.   Said that deer and dogs are common....but "Elephants"?

Just couldn't resist.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 241,992
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:46 AM

Diana, I must have missed them - I don't get the newspaper so didn't see the article - we do have a lot of deer here and fox and skunks... but I don't think I have seen any elephants.  myabe it was a pink elephant...lol

I don't even think we have a circus around here right now - the mall is about 1 mile from me and they usually set up in the parking lot - but I haven't been out of the house since Tue night and we didn't drive that direction... that is funny.  I will have to ask Miss Martha about it - she gets all the news and usually calls me.

We are supposed to go to the Mennonite sale tomorrow if i am feeling okay - maybe they brought some elephants in with their great food and home made items... hmmm interesting.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:06 AM

Driving toward Wenatchee (WA) one day, a couple had a cow fall off the cliff and land on the hood of their car.  They were very surprised but not injured, the car and cow were killed instantly.  Now there is a road sign that says, "watch for falling cows."

Near Darrington WA on an old dirt road there is a huge boulder in the middle of the road, about 12 feet tall?  The road detours around it and a sign says "sasquatch country, watch for thrown rocks."

On another part of the road , there is a hill side of small rocks that keep falling down and the sign there says "pet rock farm."  

These are actual road department signs, it is nice that the road dept can have some fun some times.

On the other hand, it has been determined that our little valley now has enough traffic that the "primitive road, no warning signs" have come down, and now we have signs that say 25 mph.  Good thing the high way patrol doesn't come up here.  We have all been driving 45 mph on the longer straight stretches.  Unless the potholes and washboard get too bad.  For the past couple years they have marked where snowmobiles are allowed and where they are not.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 6 2009 8:29 AM

Elephants......hmmmm...wonder where the couple had been prior to sideswipeing the elephant.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 241,992
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:58 AM

Drinking in a local pub?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I read that article this morning, too. The elephant had escaped from a circus. Here's a link to the article

Elephant Escapes

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 6 2009 2:26 PM

Judy

Reality is just not as much fun as imagining how they could have possibly found and elephant in Oklahoma.....LOL

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:29 PM

Patti:
Driving toward Wenatchee (WA) one day, a couple had a cow fall off the cliff and land on the hood of their car.  They were very surprised but not injured, the car and cow were killed instantly.  Now there is a road sign that says, "watch for falling cows."

That's awesome Patti. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 241,992
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:59 AM

Judy - thank you for the link - we got calls yesterday from all over the world asking us about this and I don't get the paper.  A reason for our worldly friends to call us.  Jay wondered if our phone was ever goiing to stop - some days it doesn't ring at all and then yesterday it wouldn't quit.

funny - elephants in Enid.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 124
Points 2,480
Applik replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 1:12 PM

Patti 

I thought we Canucks had crazy signs I luv one with the cow totally cracked me up like an egg

I'm a Fabri-holic and I have many material witnesses to prove it

http://cyberspacemonkeyis.shawwebspace.ca

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:23 PM

Applik:
I thought we Canucks had crazy signs

Canada is only an hour drive to the north from here, and the wind pedominately comes from the north, at least in our little valley.  (The trees on the hill tops slant to the south.)  So being downwind, we must absorb some of that  Northern humor.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use