All Around Newbie

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 290
VettekLisa Posted: Tue, Dec 6 2011 11:38 AM

Just a little about myself.  I am Lisa.  Just moved to rural Missouri from Texas.

I happen to hate cold weather, LOL.   I have a great husband, a wonderful 21 year old daughter,

and one slightly pain in the neck mother in law that lives with us.

I just recently started quilting.  I've done one lap quilt that I gave to my mother for mother's day

the year she passed away.  I've started a queen sized fence rail quilt in greens to give to my daughter

and am in the process of making a cute little quilted penguin pillow for her for Christmas.  She's

crazy about penguins.

I have 2 mini dachshunds, 5 cats in the house, and probably another on it's way in March.  LOL

And I breed and show bantam Silkie chickens in buff and lavender.

• | Post Points: 185
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,019
gini replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 11:41 AM

hi lisa, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 11:42 AM

Lisa

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.   We would also love to see pics of some of your quilting projects.   I bet the penguin is precious.   Also check and the thread Farm Animals and Such....our  furbabies have quite the time there.   They are planning a retreat in Georgia in the spring.   I know all of them would love to meet your "babies">

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 11:43 AM

Hi Lisa.  You're gonna love it here!  Welcome.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 11:52 AM

Hi Lisa, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 11:58 AM

Hi LIsa.  Welcome.  I too once raised but did not show bantams.  No Silkie, mostly cochans.  Love to see your feathered friends in the Farm animals group as well. I'm sure some of them have won prizes and would like to crow about it. lol  Lots of fun here!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 60
Becky replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 12:08 PM

Hi Lisa!  Welcome!  I just moved TO Texas last year,,,LOL  I am a relatively novice quilter, though I would say that I'm more of a confident beginner.  I have made two twin size quilts for a couple of the grands, and two or three wall-hangings and a bunch of table toppers.  I am on  Magic Pillowcase mission right now, as I want all the grands to have one for Christmas, PLUS I just got a wild hair and decided that they needed a Christmas Eve pillowcase too.  I have 10 grandkids...sooooo...LOL

Glad to have you here.

Becky

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,019
gini replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 12:12 PM

hello to you, too, becky.   let's see, it's 19 days to christmas. that's ten grands times two equals 20 (boy, i'm glad i didn't have to take my shoes off, i hate higher math).   you'ld better get to sewing, that's more than a pillow case a day,  and ten of them need to be done a day early. 

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 5,905
Isabella replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 12:25 PM

VettekLisa:
bantam Silkie chickens in buff and lavender

Hi Lisa,

first of all welcome. This is a very nice place to be. There are a lot of knowledgeable Ladies always ready to help. I had no clue what bantam Silkie chickens were so I googled it and I can say they are the "puddles of the chicken world".....They are beautiful.

Isabella

Isabella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 12:34 PM

Becky, welcome to you also

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,201
Points 239,057
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 12:47 PM

Hi Lisa, Welcome to this crazy group - you will fit right in and there are tons of experts here to help you learn how to do anything - should you have any questions about how to do this or that... You will get 100 answers...lol

I understand the slight pain in the neck - lol - I wish I still had my MIL with us - she inspired me to quilt ... my Mom who will be moving to live with me sometime this next year is the SPINTN for me - lol - she is my Mom though... she taught me how to sew and do all the rest of the crafts so I thank her for all of that... She has  a long haired mini dachshund that will be moving here with her.

You drove right past us on your way to MO - we like in OK... the weather is a little warmer here then MO...lol  

And watch those cats - they tend to grow over night - never will understand how that happens... My #s are decreasing now as they are leaving us for Kitty heaven but I loved my time with each and every one... they all have their own story... and some say they are lazy - hahaha... I do not agree...teehee

But again - welcome to this crazy group and chime in anywhere and everywhere!  We have quite a few members up there in MO - Barbara lives in Liberty I believe!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,265
Kathy replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 1:07 PM

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the board.

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 1:51 PM

Hi Lisa and Becky!  Glad to have you joining us.  I'm up in Minnesota where it was negative 5 degrees this morning.  I guess I'd better get busy and make some more lap quilts.  My legs are cold sitting here at the computer.  Talk to you later...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 3:34 PM

Lisa, welcome to the club, as you can see we are a chatty bunch, we are noisy to  LOL  As one missouri gal to another I don't like the cold either ..  Welcome again to the club I hope you will enjoy your time with us .. I quess I need to check the animals thread ,Angel will be upset if she misses the retreat.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 3:42 PM

Hi Lisa, and Becky...

I am IN Texas and have never really been OUT of Texas lol....Welcome.  Where in Texas did you live? and Where do You live?  Anywhere close to Houston??

Welcome to the friendliest most helpful place Ever!!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use