Top 10 Posters

Would anyone like to have a Bargello Quilt group started?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
371 Posts
Points 6,495
Arzella posted on Wed, Nov 30 2011 6:49 PM

I for one think that we should have a bargello group started because it is an interesting piece of work.  If enought people agree, then please post your response so we can have a group started.  Let's get started....

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,681 Posts
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 7:50 PM

God help me, I'm in, I think.  I've joined so many groups and haven't followed through on a few but I'd really love to make one of these.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Arzella, are you leading it?  If not, maybe we should ask Eileen in Chicago.  She made a large bargello recently, and she loved working on it so much, that I'll bet she'd be tickled to lead us.

Eileen,   ;-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
48 Posts
Points 1,300
Phyl replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 9:49 PM

Bargello is on my to do list.  I would love to follow along

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
371 Posts
Points 6,495

No, I am not leading it.  I am not that good.  I am just learning about it.  I saw a few and just loved them.  If you know someone that is good at it then notify them and see if they can get something started.  We all can share Bargello ideas.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
371 Posts
Points 6,495

No, I am not leading it.  I am not that good.  I am just learning about it.  I saw a few and just loved them.  If you know someone that is good at it then notify them and see if they can get something started.  We all can share Bargello ideas.

Top 75 Contributor
1,368 Posts
Points 19,455

I'm interested.  Hope we can get this group started.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,819 Posts
Points 43,839

MNnancy:

Arzella, are you leading it?  If not, maybe we should ask Eileen in Chicago.  She made a large bargello recently, and she loved working on it so much, that I'll bet she'd be tickled to lead us.

Eileen,   ;-)

Nancy, you flatter me waaaay too much! LOL  I've only made the one & I had a TON of help from a friend who has made more than 10 of the things. I'd be happy to share what I've learned, but since I have only made the one and I still have to work full time (work is the worst 4-letter word), I wouldn't have the expertise or time to take on leadership.

Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 50
Marcy replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 9:09 AM

On my to do list also.  Was going to do one for Christmas.  Might get it done for next year.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Eileen:
I wouldn't have the expertise or time to take on leadership.

I did kind of suggest your name tongue-in-cheek!

Arzella, over in your other thread, wasn't there someone who said she took a class on this?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

You could start with a new forum thread and see if there is enough interest that way.

Bargello Boosters...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,819 Posts
Points 43,839

MNnancy:

Eileen:
I wouldn't have the expertise or time to take on leadership.

I did kind of suggest your name tongue-in-cheek!

Oh, yeah, you did! I missed the wink in the smiley! LOL  I wasn't taking you all that seriously...after all, you know my "teaching" style! ;->

Top 150 Contributor
Female
461 Posts
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:40 PM

I would love to follow along a bargello quilt group.  I bought a book several years back and made a couple.  Would like to know more about creating my own designs as opposed to the usual heart monitor type in the book.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
461 Posts
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:54 PM

This is one of my attempts to make a bargello quilt.  I only did the bargello for the center and called it not quite bargello butterfly.  My niece really loves it.  I did top  and bottom seperate, working from the center out and then machine appliqued the body on top.  Making the chart was a pain.  any easier way would be nice.

This is a scan of the real butterfly I used as a basis for my pattern.  I found it dead in my yard with one tattered wing. 

So I'm in. lol glutten for punishment!

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20
LD52 replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 7:00 PM

I would like to make a bargello quilt also. I would love to follow along.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use