Page 2 of 20 (299 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 298 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 27 2011 11:01 PM

Exchange packages are to be mailed on Dec, 5th .some just got a little anxious ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

You got that right Barbara.  I was out at the LQS with DIL and convinced Poor Dave that my package HAD to go out Friday.  :o)  The "regular" UPS place was closed.  The UPS store that we had always used was no longer there.  (I found out later that they moved over into the shopping area that has built up around the WalMart so Dave wouldn't have gone anywhere near there Friday)  I finally convinced him to drop it off at General Storage who is a UPS drop point.  What I don't make my poor hubby do for me -- just because I couldn't wait to get my SS pkg. on it's way.  Does it count that mine had a LONG way to travel?????  

Nancy - that is pretty good service from the post office.  I am just so leery of using them for something as important ( :o} ) as my Secret Santa since they have lost some pretty important that I have mailed in the past.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 7:54 AM

You guys are okay , Had to tease you all a little . LOL  I went to PO yesterday to pick up and letter and there must have been 15 people in line and all had huge boxes to ship ,but we got luck ,some guy came out of the back and took care of those of us just there to pick up letter,so I was only in line for 15 mins. I was also there to pick up my boxes so I can get mine sent out next week , I think it cost more to mail them then it cost to buy gifts for my girls..but one is going international . there was a lady there yesterday and it cost her 54.00 to ship her box ,but it was huge. I didn't hear where it was going . prices are getting outrageous.. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

I am NOT a happy camper.  I just went on the UPS site to track all of the packages that Dave dropped off on Friday.  The status for all three of our Christmas packages is "Label Created".  In other words, he dropped them off and now they are no where???  It is too late to call the storage place that is the UPS drop off point.  I have to go to town for groceries tomorrow so guess who is going to be stopping by and finding out what the heck happened to our three packages.  I am really going to be angry if the packages disappeared.  One contained those quilts that I made for the girls plus two embroidered fleece jackets that we purchased in Alaska.  The second contained a digital picture frame for Dave's Mom that he had downloaded 500 pictures on.  The third was my Secret Santa package.  IN other words - a lot of hard work went into those packages and if UPS didn't get them, there is no insurance claim. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 4:13 PM

Marge ,I do hope you can get them located . what a mess Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 4:15 PM

Hoping for the best, Marge...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 4:19 PM

Marge

I will be hoping that your packages are found and sent on their way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 4:21 PM

marge, i hope they  find your packages.  one of my birthday blocks i made got lost in the post this fall.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 4:37 PM

I pray it is just a blip in the system and all is really well when you go see them. I am praying hard.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 7:05 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I just went on the UPS site to track all of the packages that Dave dropped off on Friday.  The status for all three of our Christmas packages is "Label Created".

You probably don't need to panic.  I get tracking info when I order things that are being shipped UPS and often it says "Label Created" on the tracking site for a couple days.  Check back in another day and, hopefully, it will have better info for you.  

Good luck!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 8:44 PM

Marge, I agree with Sheri, the UPS computer systems take a day or two to track.  I think their data entry at the starting point is less than speedy but once it is in the system it seems to track fast.  Don't panic yet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Hurray ---- Happy Camper here!  I checked the UPS site this morning and my packages at least made it down the road to the north side of metro Atlanta.  Talk about your slow train to China.  Right now Santa's package should arrive at it's destination by Dec. 6th.  A week and a half seems a bit excessive for UPS service to ????. (Ha, you thought I would tell you where the package was going.  NOT!)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 11:01 AM

Marge, happy to hear your package is safe and on the way..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 1:50 PM

I was in such a hurry to get my gift in the mail, I forgot to put half of the stuff in it...now I've got to try and retrieve it or send a second package.   LOL, what was I thinking.  Well, I guess I wasn't thinking at all.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 1:58 PM

Karla

That sounds like something that I would do....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 20 (299 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use