gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,980
Points 368,877
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:48 AM

Ladyhawke520:
The cutie in my avatar is even cuter from the front side...

Yes she is Monika. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 2:00 PM

Welcome to QCA, Monika.  I have fond memories of taking our GKs on hikes at that age! 

We also live in an area that is great for hiking and currently we are doing a lot of hilly hikes to get in shape for XC skiing...it's just around the corner for us. I am located in No. Central Washington State in the Methow Valley which has over 200 km of groomed cross-country ski trails.   (You probably already have enough snow near Denver!)

I am sure you will enjoy QCA,

Donna B

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 2:39 PM

Monika - Welcome and what a pretty little girl! She must be destined to be a hiker - 1.3 miles and she was still smiling??? Wow! Of course, you know we want photos - quilts, critters, kids...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome to QCA Monika.  Your little granddaughter is a cutie! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 3:02 PM

Hey, Monika!

I live in Northglenn - it's great to see another Coloradan on the boards  because everyone else here live so close to each other they can go to retreats and everything.  I sometimes feel kinda "lonely"!  Do you belong to a guild?  If so, which one? Do you live close to Northglenn?  Where do you like to shop?  I know people can "friend" eachother on this site, but I have yet to master the "message to friend" thing.  Welcome aboard!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 955

I live in Longmont, don't belong to a quild but mostly because I was so active in the needlework community for so long that I got burned out on the drama and politics of small groups..  But I am starting to get to know more quilters and look forward to meeting a few in my neck of the woods... I understand that there are a few retreats in this area and I'm hoping to find out more about them and go to one.

Monika

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 4:14 PM

We should keep in touch. I bought my Bernina at The Presser Foot in Longmont, and occasionally go to the quilt shop there.  Welcome aboard!  :D

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160

Welcome Ladyhawke520,

It si such a small world! I llived in Longmont for 2 years!  I had to come south, too cold for me!

Judylee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 955

Absolutely... That would be nice.  I've also started to expand my LQS geography and am  starting to search out shops in the Denver area.  But I have to say, I do enjoy 'my' shop.

Monika

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 305
Marlene replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 9:50 AM

Welcome from Iowa.  I am new here also, so we can learn and enjoy this site together.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 1,400
Leann replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 9:57 AM

Hi there...so good to see fellow Coloradans! Where is your shop?  I have been to shops from Denver to Breckenridge.  I live in Thornton and do not belong to a guild - just sew on my own but would be nice to find ladies to get together with this winter and quilt and gab.  I am not one for drama either so quiet group that gets along would be awesome:-)  My favorite shop is in Brighton - B-Right On and also Above and Beyond in Thornton.  Took my first quilting class at B-Right On and fell in love with quilting - the rest is history:-)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 955

Its very nice to see Coloradans here... I shop at The Quilters Studio in Longmont and do enjoy going up to Loveland to the shop up there.  I've only really started quilting big time because I can see well enough to sew right now, not to stitch.  I am now on a search of different quilt shops to see how else to feed the addiction...  

A gathering would be fun... 

Monika

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 775
Louise replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:58 PM

Monika,

I too am from Colorado (Metro area just south of Denver barely).

If you happen to plan on coming down this way let me know there
is a neat little quilt shop not far from who has a "unique" concept
they buy fabric (prewashed or not) the way they sell it is if it is LQS
quality fabric it is $5 per yard, batiks are $6 per yard, chain store
fabrics (Hobby Lobby, Joann's) is $1.99 per yard.

Here is a link to their website.

http://www.woodenspools.com

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use