Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 230
Dot T replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:49 PM

Hi Kelley -

I have heard others say they love the Viking software.  I had a Viking before I got my Pfaff and I loved that machine.  But it wasn't embroidery.

Good to hear from all of my fellow quilters.  What a great place to exchange information and ideas.

Dot

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 230
Dot T replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:56 PM

Hi Nana,

I, too, like the 9mm stitch which my Pfaff has, that Bernina 5 mm is just so tiny.  If you read Donna's reply, you will understand the "dongle".  

I love to do crazy quilts as well, I have two of them going, also a Christmas wreath with silks, lace, decorative stitches.  I don't do handwork any more so the decorative stitches are wonderful.

Thanks for writing, Dot

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 1:46 PM

Dot T:
Maybe I could buy a used Bernina with the embroidery and sell my Pfaff, boo hoo.  I like the 9mm decorative stitches on my Pfaff and was disappointed that my 440 only had 5 mm.

That is really interesting...my Bernina 200E has a 9mm foot and decorative stitches.

Donna B

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 230
Dot T replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 1:57 PM

Donna, I don't know why Bernina only put the 5mm stitches on the 440QE, the decorative stitches are so small, it is hardly worth using them.  And there are a lot of them.  At least my Pfaff has a lot of the pretty stitches and they are the 9 mm.  Sounds like you have the best of both.

But I do enjoy the BSR and that is the primary reason I got it.  My hands can no longer do hand quilting so the free motion machine quilting with the BSR is so good, I don't have to struggle with free motion on the Pfaff.

Dot

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 480
Melanie replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 4:19 PM

Welcome Dot and Monica!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Hi,

I have a Bernina 440 QE.  I bought the embroidery module and NEVER used it.  I want to see it.  If you are interested. Please call me at 757-816-1211.

Jordana

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Cindy H replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:22 PM

Hi Dot,

I have the embroidery unit, never used, I would like to sell.It is for the 440. I am going to upgrade and will have no use for it. 

Let me know if you are still interested.

Cindy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Sherry46 replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:40 PM

I have an embroidery module for my 440 QE machine and would be  willing to sell it.  I have only used it once and am no longer doing any embroidery work as I have gotten involved in other activities but still want to keep the sewing machine.  I haven't tried to check around yet to see what they might sell for.  If you would like, make me an offer and I will consider it.

Thanks!

Sherry 

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use