Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 6:42 PM

Sorry, I meant before!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 95

So I embroidery before I add the batting?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 7:59 PM

Welcome Geri.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:32 PM

Hi geri!  welcome!  If you watch the How-to Videos on this site it helps alot.  I just saw one where Jody talks about this very problem.  The tip was to use a smaller empty thread spool that would fit inside the larger one. then put it on your machine thru the smaller spool.  should eliminate the wobbling.

good luck and happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Geri, welcome to the club. 

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:12 PM

Welcome to the club Geri, and enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 735
abbey replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:24 PM

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry to hear about your lack of fabric selection in your area. I can't imagine living somewhere where fabric is hard to find. Online shopping can be a pro since you really can save some money, but I do understand your plight on wanting to see and  feel the fabric yourself. I prefer to do this also, but the stores that I have around me tend to carry much of the same thing and so I do enjoy the online option. Good luck in your ventures you will love it here!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
memeof5 replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:44 PM

I am also new to the board, and new to quilting. Trying to teach myself. we d.o not have any shops for quilting or a fabric store. To get fabric I have to go 60 miles or online Ordered Auburn and Alabama fabric on line.  Very pleased.  Trying to finish one now and would like som suggestion for quilts  with 6 different fabrics of each Univ.   Thanks

Brenda

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 225
Geri replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:16 PM

I will order these if I can find them online but could you tell me their name?   I'm not sure what to type into the search field to find this item.

Thank you so much for your answer.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:29 PM

Geri:
I will order these if I can find them online but could you tell me their name?   I'm not sure what to type into the search field to find this item.

Geri - First of all welcome to QCA - i am sure you will love it and will learn lots. If you ask a question, it will be answered with lots of suggestions.

My favorite place to go if looking for a particular fabric is  www.quiltshops.com  and when you get to their home page, type in the name of the fabric you are searching for and I always click "Thumbnails" and any store in their system who has that fabric will generally pop up.  You then click on the shop you are interested in and go from there.  You can save searches and this is a good way to do some comparison shopping price wise.

Marge P

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:33 PM

Geri - other good places to order from is www.connectingthreads.com, and www.fabric.com - these sites don't show up on the quiltshops.com listing.  The Connecting Threads site has free shipping for orders $50 or more and Fabric.com site has free shipping for $35.00 or more orders.

Marge P

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 225
Geri replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:45 PM

Thank all of you for all of your suggestions and especially for your caring thoughts and wishes. Hopefully I will be able to do as you suggested and buy fabric, thread, etc online. 

I really like the idea of buying the little wood posts to insert into the thread so it will fit my machine spindle.  Please tell me the name of these posts and were they are sold if any of you know.

I appreciate everyone's kind welcome to this site, I'm sure I will enjoy being a member.

Geri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 7:30 AM

Geri, I get them at my LQS for $2.50 a bag. Perhaps you can find them online.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 7 2011 12:02 AM

quiltinnonie:

I have a question.  If I want to embroidery a flower on my fabric, would I do this before or after I add batting?

If you want to do machine embroidery I would do it before adding batting.   If it is hand embroidered it can be done either way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Mon, Nov 7 2011 12:16 AM

http://www.happinessisquilting.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=936&idproduct=5486

geri, here is where i found the little spindles

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use