Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710
Andrea Dee Posted: Fri, Nov 4 2011 7:35 AM

Hello all,

I havr always dreamed of owning one of the hydraulic lift sewing tables but they are all out of my budget.  I was lucky to find a sewing table on craigs list with "electric lift and sewing machine"  for $80.  I scooped it up in a heartbeat.  The table is great!  The sewing machine is Elna ,I think either 2400 or 2600 (I'm at work), does anyone have any input about the machine?  I heard that it is now the Janome machine.  Will it take Janome feet?  Please help.

Thanks

Andrea

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:39 AM

Andrea, I don't have any first-hand knowledge about the Elna machine but when I shopped for and bought my Janome recently, I was told they are made at the same factory.  There are a couple models that are basically the same.  Not sure offhand which models they are.  You could call the local dealer and ask about the feet.  They may be interchangeable.  By the way, I am very happy with my Janome and I'm sure you'll like your Elna.  What a deal!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,485

Andrea - I have talked to my LQS (they sell Janome) and they said that the Janome feet should work on an Elna.  Unfortunately my Elna is over 30 years old (yes it still sews like a champ) and that was before Janome bought them, so the feet don't work for me.  I don't know anything about you model but if like my old one - you got a winner!

Beth from Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 28,890
Agnes replied on Mon, Nov 7 2011 6:12 AM

Easiest when shopping for feet is to take a foot from your machine with you. There are some that don't fall into the normal category but there are three main shafts on domestic machines. The most common is the low shank. I had a Janome foot that I could use on my Brother, my old Viking, my Kenmore and I also sold them for many other makes and different models. I now own a Singer Professional and it is one of a kind shank and the waling foot is not made by  Singer. It was made by someone else after market and they have discontinued it. So after my second foot wore out I was forced to learn to free motion. That was the best motivator I had and it moved me out of one comfort zone and I feel so free now. Sounds like you got a wonderful deal by the way.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use