rated by 0 users
This post has 157 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 7:27 PM

Lee,

go to the website. Bonnie explains it all.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 8:55 PM

Kris - I read the whole thing and am still unsure what it is all about?  She shows all those fabrics she will use in reds and blues, etc.  I don't have a stash like that. She doesn't say what the phone book is for, either.

Is there somewhere I can see what was done for the last mystery quilt?  Maybe I can understand it better.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 11:10 PM

If you go to her web page again up at the top you will see where she has a link for mystery quilts. There are links to each of her past mystery quilts. Maybe that will help you. I know  on the last instruction pages she shows pictures of the finished quilts. Maybe then you will understand them if you start by looking at the beginning pages first and then going on to each page. You can also print out all the patterns she has on those pages. That is the great thing about Bonnie.

Hope this helps .

Quilty Hugs,

Ann in Indiana

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 11:44 PM

Lee:
Do you know how this is run?  I've asked for an explanation b/c I don't know how this is done.  I'd like to see if it is something I can

Lee, she publishes each step weekly - starting on Nov 18th - I check her site quite often to see what's going on, I love her attitude and methods!  If you work on it every week as it is published, you should be able to keep up - she keeps the steps manageable, I think.  But then, I work on sewing and quilting each and every day!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 11:49 PM

Lee:

She doesn't say what the phone book is for, either

Yes, she does--the pages are for piecing the strips -- you use the pages for sewing the strips on, then when you do the blocks, you remove the paper - but it is much easier than paper piecing a certain pattern, I think.  I started out with string piecing, and I still love it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:28 AM

Lee:
I'd like to see if it is something I can handle.

Lee, from what I've seen in her previous mysteries it fairly simple piecing and she always posts lots of photos as she goes along. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:36 AM

Lee:
I read the whole thing and am still unsure what it is all about?  She shows all those fabrics she will use in reds and blues, etc.  I don't have a stash like that.

She does use a lot of fabrics but I think you could make it with less variety, maybe with a bunch of fat quarters of each color. For example she says about 3 yards of red so that would be at least 12 red fat quarters.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 5:01 AM

Lee:
I don't have a stash like that.

Not many people do Lee. LOL. Bonnie is a scrap quilter and she uses EVERYTHING. I don't think she throws anything away. I'm going to try to go scrappy but I will probably be being supplemental fabric.

As Jacy said, The piecing is not usually difficult but there is a lot of it. 

Maybe we should start a thread over in the "Scrap Happy" group for "Orca Bay" as we did for "Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll"

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:40 AM

I FORGOT TO TURN MY CLOCKS BACK!  DUH!!!!  So here I sit waiting for my ride to go to Jo-Anne's for their big sale.  I gotta make some diff choices when I get there!

I want to thank all of you for your input on the Mystery Quilt project.  I think I'll give it a try.  Although, since I've been retired I've gotten out of the habit of routines and commitments.  So it will be a bit more diff for me -  BUT I SHALL PERSEVERE!

Oh, yes - this question is for everyone -  what color thread do you use for your piecing?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:52 AM

I use moslty white or netural. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,571
Points 177,963
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:59 PM

Lee thanks for all your questions about Bonnie's BOM, it helped me as well. 

As for thread I use grays from light to dark and tans from light to dark depending on the tones in my quilt.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:14 PM

Barbara:

I use moslty white or netural. Barbara

I always did/do but thought maybe I was just being frugal!  Glad to see others do as well.  TY Barbara.

P.S.  Anyone else forget to turn the clocks back last night?  I did, and I had a ride scheduled for a 9:43 pick up.   Took my shower, quick breakfast, fed my furbabies,etc.  Then sat at computer, looked at the time, and nearly bust a gut laughing at myself!

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:14 PM

Lee:

Oh, yes - this question is for everyone -  what color thread do you use for your piecing?

I usually use an off-white or tan when working with light fabrics and a darker gray when working when dark fabrics.  Sometimes, I match the thread to my fabric if I'm working with mostly one color like when I did the quilt in purples.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:27 PM

Marie:

Lee thanks for all your questions about Bonnie's BOM, it helped me as well. 

As for thread I use grays from light to dark and tans from light to dark depending on the tones in my quilt.

So you will be doing a Mystery Quilt for the 1st time as well?  I've decided to "GO FOR IT"!  Hope I don't regret it.

Thanks for the info on the thread....makes me feel better about the thread I use, mostly white and off-white.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,571
Points 177,963
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 2:29 PM

I'm going to give it a try but I will at least download her weekly instructions Lee.

Millbury, MA

Page 3 of 11 (158 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use