Page 2 of 11 (158 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 157 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 12:16 PM

WOW Jenn I thought I had alot ,but then I've only been at this for lets see it will be 2 years in Jan. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Naw, sounds like a lot but not all of them were bed sized and some just needed blocks put together and borders put on. But it sure felt good to get them that far along. Someday, I might even get all of them quilted and useable.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 11:11 PM

Barbara:

Jenn, if this is how she does it I will probably do it, I just cna't do anything right now thath has to be done quickly. I have so much going on..LOL   Barbara

Barbara, you will love doing a mystery with Bonnie - I did the last one and really enjoyed it, right up my alley with all the scraps and I really love the quilt, actually finished, quilted and bound, and won a blue ribbon at the Fair.  I have not sent it in to her website, tho, need to send a picture.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 12:13 AM

Carol, your quilt is beautiful. I kept the directions for this one and hope to make it someday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 12:18 AM

Carol,

I really slacked off on this one. It was the string blocks that did me in. Didn't have the right scraps (nor frame of mind) to do it. I still have my fabric set aside and some strips sets done. I haven't given up on it yet. Not sure I'll be ready to try the new one but I follow her blog and will download all the steps.

Will you be making this new one?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 4:22 AM

Carol I love the quilt. and I do love scrappies. I'm going to give it a try anyway ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Carol, I love your quilt, it is beautiful.  I may download the steps and do this mystery quilt in the future as it sounds fun I just don't have the time to start it now.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:05 PM

Scrappy quilt ooh I might be able to do this one then :) It will be back burner though for a few.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:13 PM

Okay ladies, I got me a problem or 2.  Hope you can help me.

#1  What does this mean - "2-1/2" x selvage width strip"? Does it mean I cut a 2-1.2" strip from selvage to selvage?

#2  Also, I am using this pattern of an Album block for a wall hanging. However, the block is 30" sq and the largest I can have is 21-1/2" sq. Is there a formula for reducing something like this?

This is the link to the quilted wall hanging I want to do. --- http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpatternsprojects/ss/patriotic-quilt-pattern.htm

ETA:  why id the print so small on this site?  It's worse that reading a book!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630

Usually it says WOF if the pattern needs to be cut from selvage to selvage.  I'm not sure about reducing the size of the block, the more pieces there is, the harder it is to do.  Personally, I'd lay down and eat cookies until I got over it and chose a different block the right size but I am a little time challenged these days.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:44 PM

Jennsquilts:

I've done 4 of Bonnie's mystery quilts and they are a lot of fun. If you have lots of scraps, here's a chance to use oodles of them!  This year's quilt is relatively small for Bonnie - the last two have been near/at king size.  I think what I enjoyed most was how she pushed you "out of the zone " about using fabrics/colors that you wouldn't consider "matching or coordinated".  And the quilts are so beautiful!  I hope anyone considering doing the mystery, does. 

Can you explain for me how this Mystery Quilt project works?  So much has happened since I last did any quilting(about 10 yrs ago!) that I am overwhelmed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,070
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 2:24 PM

Vivian :
Personally, I'd lay down and eat cookies until I got over it and chose a different block the right size but I am a little time challenged these days.

Oh Vivian you made me laugh so hard...it's exactly what I'd do too.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 2:58 PM

Vivian :

Usually it says WOF if the pattern needs to be cut from selvage to selvage.  I'm not sure about reducing the size of the block, the more pieces there is, the harder it is to do.  Personally, I'd lay down and eat cookies until I got over it and chose a different block the right size but I am a little time challenged these days.I

WOF = meaning width of fabric? 

Cookies are no longer available to me!  Give me a big steak and I'm happy.  Thanks for the suggestion, tho'!    LOL

I really like the pattern and it will be the reverse of a Christmas Tree wall hanging I have started.  That is why I have to down-scale it.   Did you look at the pattern?  I posted the link on my post.

The block is 30" sq and I need it to be 28.5" sq.  not 21.5 as I thought.  I'm graphing it out to get the sizes.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

I was just hoping there was some formula somewhere to reduce it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:55 PM

That is beautiful Carol.  I think I might hop on board for this one.  I tried sending my email so that I could get notified when the steps are posted but did something wrong and it didn't go through so I'll have to make a note and stick it on my computer screen to check on Thursdays.  Congratulations on your ribbon.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 6:57 PM

Marie:

That is beautiful Carol.  I think I might hop on board for this one.  I tried sending my email so that I could get notified when the steps are posted but did something wrong and it didn't go through so I'll have to make a note and stick it on my computer screen to check on Thursdays.  Congratulations on your ribbon.

Do you know how this is run?  I've asked for an explanation b/c I don't know how this is done.  I'd like to see if it is something I can handle.

Page 2 of 11 (158 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use