Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee Posted: Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:11 PM

I just signed up for the free membership - limited income and cannot afford premium Membership.

However, I really want to get to know other members.  I've just returned to quilting after a 10 year hiatus.  Need to  refresh my abilities. 

I recently found int the free patterns downloads a quilt I want to make.  It is just what I need for my GGS and won't need it to be done for at least a year.  Since my income is limited I need to purchase the fabrics piecemeal.

My problem is - I cannot find the fabrics listed for the project on the site listed.  I need specific fabrics from Hoffman California Fabrics.  I went to their site to find them(and the prices) but could not find even the first one I researched.

Any suggestions as to what I need to do?  Are the free downloads so outdated that the fabrics are no longer available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would also like to find some other quilters in my area who may be members here.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,650
Points 49,185
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:22 PM

Hi there Swamp Cat Nana!

Welcome to the site.  I used to live in NH but I became a Texan almost 10 years ago.  Winters are MUCH milder!  I saw on the news you're getting a nor-easter already!  Welcome to winter!  You might try EBay  or Amazon.com for those fabrics you're looking for.   You might even try just Googling the fabric name and manufacturer and see what turns up.

Good luck!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:27 PM

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.  Some of the patterns have been online for quite some time.  If you look at the pattern it will show the date it was posted.  Hope you can find the fabrics.  You might try www.thousandsofbolts.com      They usually have a large selection of the out of date fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:32 PM

hi lee, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:37 PM

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the site.  Lots of helpful people here :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:48 PM

Thank you to all of you.  I am glad to be here.  Thank you, also, for the great suggestions on how to find the fabrics.  My brain must be detached today b/c I guess my first move should have been to contact the fabric company(Hoffman)! 

I hope i can offer help along the way either on sewing in general or OTs if asked.   I've done tons of sewing of all kinds of items.  My first post High School job was as an alterationist in a Bridal Salon.  I've made items from simple aprons to men's jackets,  handsmocked baby dresses, and draperies.  So I do have something to offer.

Thanks, again, for the suggestions.

BTW - how do I set up a signature?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:51 PM

Lee

I started out with garment making as well.  Did lots of bridal alterations...not one of my favorite tasks...LOL.   Made lots of formal gowns for proms and bridesmaids.  And made all of my girls clothes when they were little.  Don't much like making garments anymore.  Now all I want to do is quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:57 PM

Lee, go down to the bottom left of the page and click on ask a question.  Then under managing your account, it will have a place to click on adding a fancy signature.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:05 PM

Welcome, Lee.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:32 PM

Thank you Sheri!  Another problem out of the way!  I consider that a good day!  LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:48 PM

Glad to meet you Nana.  That is what my granddaughters and GGS call me.  I am known as Nana Lee on several sites I visit.  One in particular is food.com.

Where abouts are you located?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:49 PM

TY LaJuan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 3:03 PM

Nice to meet you, Lee!  My brother lives in Boston and I visited him in April.  He took my husband and I on a 4-day bicycle tour of the town (nice, slow, leisurely pace).

Is that your cat posed on the pumpkins?  Very cute!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 3:23 PM

Hi, Nancy.  Nice to know you have a connection to Boston.  It is a beautiful city, sort of like NYC but less noisy and dirty.   LOL 

No the cat is a photo of another Facebook member and it was posted on the Planet Cats page.  My Teddy is a Maine Coon clone(but only 12#) and CiCi is a small black and white tux.  You  probably be seeing photos of them soon enough. 

Do you have any pets?  Mine are very proprietary and need to inspect everything! 

Glad to meet you.  What is your latest project?  Is it in your gallery?

Lee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,780
Points 180,698
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 3:25 PM

Hi Lee welcome.  I live west of Boston and 10 minutes south of Worcester in Millbury.  You will love this group, very friendly and helpful in many ways.  Which pattern is it, it may be an older one and the fabric may no longer be available.  

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use