Transporting blocks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 120
kootie Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:36 PM

I bought flannel backed yardage meant for tablecloths.  I cut it to my preferred size which for me was 14" and also a larger size of 16".  When I have completed prepping a block for applique I lay the background and all the pieces on one of these pieces and stack each block on top.  The flannel holds the pieces in place and the slick plastic back does not allow it to stick to the pieces in the block below.  When traveling in our trailer I use 2 large pieces of cardboard to compress these blocks together and clip the edges with bulldog clips.  You can stand this up in the closet and nothing moves.  I use the larger pieces to stage my blocks and move them from my cutting table to my sewing machine.  I've used these over and over and find them invaluable.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:24 PM

great idea kootie,   welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:43 AM

Welcome Kootie :-)  

What a great idea!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:58 AM

What a terrific idea! Gosh, I love this site! So much info...~sigh~ I just need a bigger brain to hold it all.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:05 AM

Sheila:

What a terrific idea! Gosh, I love this site! So much info...~sigh~ I just need a bigger brain to hold it all.

Sheila, when I find a tip I am so excited to use, I add it to my favorites. Then change the subject line to what the tip is about. Works for me. But, one day, my computer is going to burn up!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,943
Points 125,370

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
when I find a tip I am so excited to use, I add it to my favorites. Then change the subject line to what the tip is about

LaJuan

How do you change the subject line?I clicked on "more", then "add to favorites" and the post appears in my favorites from my home page. But how do I change the subject line like you suggested?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:47 AM

I run topics with Word in my quilting file. When I come across good ideas on the topic I use the copy and paste function which makes it really easy to add to the appropriate page and add to or delete information suited to my methods. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use