Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 110
Carol Ann Burgermeister Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011 12:49 PM

Being a professional artist also, I spend a lot of time in hobby/art supplies stores.  Recently I noticed a sale on scrapbooking  paper storage boxes.  They are clear plastic marketed as 2 x 12 x 12; however, the inside dimensions are actually 12-1/2 x 13--just right for storing (up to) your largest quilt squares.  Before you buy, be sure to measure inside dimensions as different brands may vary in size.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:19 PM

Carol - Lucky you having artistic talent, too! I'm jealous.

Thought I'd share a find I made yesterday at Staples. In the section where they have all of the storage crates, totes, etc. I found plastic boxes that are the absolute perfect size for holding the store bought fat quarters. I bought 1 in clear to see how well I'd like it to start off with. I think it was $4.99 but, it looks like I could get at least 30 fat quarters in it on end.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:24 PM

Both of these are good tips.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:26 PM

Sheila:

Thought I'd share a find I made yesterday at Staples. In the section where they have all of the storage crates, totes, etc. I found plastic boxes that are the absolute perfect size for holding the store bought fat quarters. I bought 1 in clear to see how well I'd like it to start off with. I think it was $4.99 but, it looks like I could get at least 30 fat quarters in it on end.

Sheila, What do they call those plastic boxes.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Carol Ann Burgermeister:

Being a professional artist also, I spend a lot of time in hobby/art supplies stores.  Recently I noticed a sale on scrapbooking  paper storage boxes.  They are clear plastic marketed as 2 x 12 x 12; however, the inside dimensions are actually 12-1/2 x 13--just right for storing (up to) your largest quilt squares.  Before you buy, be sure to measure inside dimensions as different brands may vary in size.

I bought one for my scrapbooking but found that I liked it for storing my underground railroad blocks better.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:07 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sheila:

Sukochi - You're going to laugh at this but, here goes:

They're called "Really Useful Boxes" - Seriously!

There's a website for them but, like I said, I found them at Staples so it's probably a good bet that other office supply stores carry them, too. The size I bought is the 3 litre size - it says they hold 18 cd's or 10 dvd's. The website is www.reallyusefulbox.com and I think they're made in the UK (SHOCK! It's not China!). They have a lid that comes all of the way off and keeps the dust off of the fabric. The handles on the box fold up to lock the lid down if needed. Really cool item. I haven't tried it but, they might be ideal for storing those individual patterns that we sometimes buy, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:24 AM

Sheila:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sheila:

There's a website for them but, like I said, I found them at Staples so it's probably a good bet that other office supply stores carry them, too. The size I bought is the 3 litre size - it says they hold 18 cd's or 10 dvd's. The website is www.reallyusefulbox.com and I think they're made in the UK (SHOCK! It's not China!). They have a lid that comes all of the way off and keeps the dust off of the fabric. The handles on the box fold up to lock the lid down if needed. Really cool item. I haven't tried it but, they might be ideal for storing those individual patterns that we sometimes buy, too.

DH says they should call them R.U.B. (Really Useful Boxes). Oh, boy, he is in rare form today.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:03 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sheila:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sheila:

DH says they should call them R.U.B. (Really Useful Boxes). Oh, boy, he is in rare form today.

ROFL!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:10 PM

Love those really usefull boxes! Thanks for the tip.

Toledo, OH

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use