Texas Quilt Retreat

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Oh my...what an amazing place! Great work room!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 8:09 AM

this is a great place, all that space!  and the price is not bad either.  But it is not a possibility for me this year.  perhaps some day.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 7:01 PM

Granma Sal, this looks like a great place, But I am signed up on the Virginia Retreat so I will keep this in mind if you do it again.  I was born in Texas, I still have 2 sisters and a brother and Niece who live there.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:24 PM

Do you have a Texas drawl, Leslie?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 5:18 AM

Nope I have been a Missouri Hillbilly way to long lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

MNnancy:

It's funny you should mention a Texas drawl.  I'm a transplant, originally from the New England area, and I have seen speech accents of all kinds in various parts of the country.  I love listening to some of the ladies who are my dear friends here.  I surely feel like I am one of the crowd, like I belong here, but they can pick me out as an outsider the minute I open my mouth.  Texas has some of the friendliest, bestest people in the world.

I will leave the list open until the end of November, or when it gets filled... whichever comes first.  I have enough already to make it a go.  So if you know you want to go and cannot send a deposit before the end of November, just let me know and I will hold your spot on the list.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I want to go but have to wait until Nov. 16th to send in my deposit. How much will you need for a deposit?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,549
Points 46,955
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:29 AM

Grandma Sal:

MNnancy:

I surely feel like I am one of the crowd, like I belong here, but they can pick me out as an outsider the minute I open my mouth.  Texas has some of the friendliest, bestest people in the world.

That's so funny Grandma Sal.  I can relate!  People will pause and look at me funny then ask, "where are you from?"  Where in NE did you come from?  I lived in NH untill 2002.  I swear I don't have an accent!!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Grandma Sal -- What a great looking facility!  That workroom is the best set-up I have seen.  The place I looked at up in TN had a nice room upstairs that could be set up for sewing plus more room downstairs in the dining area.  But the one you are looking at..... WOW!  Lots of space to spread out and work and all be together.   I hope you have a great retreat.  Wish I could join you as I might have been able to leave DH in the Dallas area to visit his Mom while I went to sew but I'm signed up for VA.  :o(  Oh well --- maybe next year. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Debbie-do:
I can relate!  People will pause and look at me funny then ask, "where are you from?"  Where in NE did you come from?  I lived in NH untill 2002.  I swear I don't have an accent!!

I was born in Connecticut, then when I was 2 my parents moved back to Vermont for a couple years, then we moved back to Connecticut.  I went to school and stayed in CT until I got married.  I lived in a few different places  before I moved to Ohio where I met my current husband.  He asked me if I had ever thought about moving to Texas... I had never been here before.  After living here for 8 years, I can think of no other place I'd rather be.  My husband had never been to the NE states.  He literally stepped out of the car by a sign that said Welcome to New Hampshire... I took a picture and we turned and drove back into Vermont.

Deposit amount for anyone that is going will be $25 by the end of November.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Is this retreat still on? I wanna go!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,549
Points 46,955

Grandma Sal:

The cost for the retreat house accommodations for the 4 nights would be $224.  There is a fully equipped kitchen with two refrigerators, so eating out or having volunteer cooks could make a difference on the cost for food..  Those details will be worked out once we know how many will sign up to go.

You can check out some of the house details at theretreathouse.com

I'm re-thinking this Grandma Sal.  Is this retreat still on as planned,  March 19-23?  The cost will be $224 per person plus food and fun?  Is there any room left?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Debbie-do:
Is this retreat still on as planned,  March 19-23?  The cost will be $224 per person plus food and fun?  Is there any room left?

Yes, the retreat is still going to be March 19-23, and there is room left.

I am out of town right now, so my response time may not be as quick as typical.  Here in Arizona waiting for arrival of new grand-baby.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 11:31 AM

Grandma Sal:

Debbie-do:
Is this retreat still on as planned,  March 19-23?  The cost will be $224 per person plus food and fun?  Is there any room left?

Yes, the retreat is still going to be March 19-23, and there is room left.

I am out of town right now, so my response time may not be as quick as typical.  Here in Arizona waiting for arrival of new grand-baby.

Grandma Sal I want to be included in this retreat. I live in Pearland and would love to ride with someone. I can send the deposit asap, So please send me a confirmation note in conversations. Oh I am so sew happy about seeing this today. I had just received a reply to my looking for retreat information for VB, that of course is filled.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:06 PM

Caryl Anne:

Grandma Sal I want to be included in this retreat. I live in Pearland and would love to ride with someone. I can send the deposit asap, So please send me a confirmation note in conversations. Oh I am so sew happy about seeing this today. I had just received a reply to my looking for retreat information for VB, that of course is filled.

Hi Caryl Anne,   I've been to Pearland.  My sister lives in Sweeney and when I visited her last year we went to the shopping center there.  Nice place.  

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use