Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,557
Points 136,420
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Sun, Oct 23 2011 11:23 AM

I have all the fabric for my Mark Twain quilt and the pattern laid out in EQ7. I used the River Stories free pattern and used that as a starting point in EQ. Scanned in the fabrics, finalized the layout and colors and figured, OK, now I'll set it aside until after the holidays. I don't have time now. Woke up at 3am thinking about it. I wanted to see if the fabrics would work with the blocks. Got up and made two sample blocks. Ignore the goof in the star block, I got the fabric in the wrong spot on one of the stars and think I know how to avoid that.

I also machine appliqued the Mark Twain image. But Gini, I'm going to try to needle turn applique them on the real quilt blocks.

I'm also showing you the final design from EQ7 although the fabrics don't show up real great.

I'll put the warm brown in the corner blocks instead of what is showing. And a triangle in the end and side borders to match up with those blocks.

NOW, I'm going to pack it all up and put away until after the holidays. No more of this insane 3am stuff.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 27,375
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 11:45 AM

oh Judy this is fantastic!!!  I love it

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:21 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

NOW, I'm going to pack it all up and put away until after the holidays. No more of this insane 3am stuff.

How can you put it away, not that you know what it is going to look like?  It's going to be a great quilt and your DH is going to love it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,775
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:22 PM

Judy

This is gorgeous.   Can hardly wait to see the final result.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,133
Points 252,524
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:25 PM

Judy,this is going to be beautiful I'm so envious ,I want to do one ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,557
Points 136,420

Karla:
How can you put it away,

I put it in it's bag and it's on the shelf. But....... it's calling to me. I want to make another set of test blocks and get it right this time. Bu I know what will happen. I'll think "Just one more set of blocks to be sure I have it the way I want". Then Christmas will be here and I won't have the other projects done that I really need to finish.

But, maybe, just a couple more 3am work sessions..........?  NO, I must be strong. I'll finish the two Christmas stockings that are half way done. Then the 12 potholders I want to make as gifts.

Oh, and also, the Seahawks are playing this morning and Charlie is starting QB. Go Charlie!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 1:10 PM

I know what you mean about getting things done for Christmas...I have some potholders, placemats and table runners to make for my daughter's inlaws (they'll be here in 2 weeks from Britain), some pillows for my SIL and niece, a quilt on the frame that I'm frogging, and 2 patriotic quilts that I haven't started yet for DH and soon to be son-in-law...not to mention the quilt I promised daughter I would make for her DH that's a real Dr. Who ( ?) fan, and they all need to be done by Christmas.  I guess that means I better start spending more time in the sewing room and less time on this ole' computer.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,710
Points 379,747
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 5:19 PM

Looking good so far Judy T. I'm glad you were able to find the fabric.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,557
Points 136,420

Kris:
I'm glad you were able to find the fabric

Thanks, Kris. Me too.  Thanks to a new member of this forum, Lin, I found Quilt n Etc in Keokuk, Iowa who still has the fabrics. Most shops are either out or have a very limited selection.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 1,560
Debby replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 6:00 PM

Hi Judy!

I love that!  Going to be a really great quilt!

Wonder if you'll end up finishing it by Christmas?  :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Judy it is going to be a beautiful quilt.  I can't wait to see the finished one.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,687
Points 419,249
gini replied on Sun, Oct 23 2011 9:54 PM

judy, that's going to be a pretty quilt, how can you be so strong and let it sit on a shelf for months. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:46 AM

Judy, what an awesome quilt that will be.  I love the idea of specific images inside the stars. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 39,190
Linda replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:35 AM

What a gorgeous quilt! Don't know if I could be strong enough to let it sit on a shelf at this stage of the game.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,557
Points 136,420

gini:
how can you be so strong and let it sit on a shelf for months

Gini and Linda, you are right, I find that I can't leave it alone. I'll put together a block and I'm so excited that I want to do another just to see the story come together. I found a better method  and don't have to applique, so I have four of the story blocks already done.

I'm weak and spend way too much time playing with quilts and other fun things. But, at nearly 70, I'll be darned if I'm going to waste the time I have left making sure the house is spick and span or there are gourmet meals on the table. I still work part time and hubby is retired, so he does most of the housework anyway. 

I have lunch with friends today, that's still 1-1/2 hours away. If I hurry, I can shower, get dressed and still have time to make one-more-block!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use