Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:24 PM

I've made many a red, white and black quilt, but purple is my favorite color, so I wonder why I haven't ever done a purple, while and black one.  I guess I'm going to have to add that to my list. Your quilt is going to make a young lady very proud!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:41 AM

Cool cool Nana!  Looking forward to the pictures.  I didn't get to the sewing room yesterday, but I've been keeping up with the postings from this the QOA site.  I can't tell you how much I've been appreciating it.  I just recently lost my job and am applying for disability.  This connection seems so much more important to me because it is with real people in real time who actually share common bonds and dreams through the quilting and its world.  Just loving this place to pieces!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:43 AM

Karla - I'm hearing you!!!  Look forward to seeing pictures!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:55 AM

We're coming along with it, though it's not going as fast as we would like ... I've got until Saturday morning to be getting it done.  I've got nine of the sixteen rows done.  It's doable, but we're really going to need to put some time in to finish without distracting ourselves ... I think today should be a good day in that there isn't anything else on my agenda.  We'll try to get an early start - our regular Thursday Doctor appointment was rescheduled til tomorrow at 8 am so that leaves today clear.  I want to have it done for the birthday get together Saturday morning at 10 am.  It's a couple days early of Jade's birthday, but I want to be there when she gets it.  I'm hoping for it to be a nice surprise :)

We're also gearing up in that we'll be on our annual quilt retreat in WI November 9th through Sunday with the girls from the Quilted Basket out of Menomonee Falls ... We've got two projects in mind and can't wait to get started with them.  It's going to be soooo much fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 5:59 AM

Yay!  One more done with time to spare ... we finished on Thursday and will deliver today.  We've got to concentrate now on schol for the next week and a half before going on a Quilt retreat.  Looking SOOOO forward to that!  I have a couple projects in mind ...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:17 AM

Did you bind this with "blanket binding"?  It's really pretty and I think it will be loved by the recipient.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 6:41 PM

Ann very pretty I love the color combo.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,360
Points 37,125
Linda replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:57 PM

Beautiful quilt! I was without my computer all week and I enjoyed reading all the entries at one time. Your daughters are beautiful and what fun that they are quilting too! You are so very fortunate!  I love your idea of a day to day picture journal. What a novel idea!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:55 AM

Thanks Marie - we're figuring that you are one of the biggest optimist on the site ... you see the good in so much that its a pleasure each time I've seen you respond to myself or others. 

Karla:

Did you bind this with "blanket binding"? It's really pretty and I think it will be loved by the recipient.

Karla I did bind the quilt with the satin binding for blankets.  I don't know if there is a rule for this sort of thing, but its fun to use.  We gave the quilt yesterday and I'm pleased my granddaughter turned it over and over looking at the patterns and then whisked it upstairs to her bedroom.  I took it as a good sign of ownership that she'd brought it to her sacred space.  If you've made it to a bed as a blanket ... your life is all good!

Linda:

Beautiful quilt! I was without my computer all week and I enjoyed reading all the entries at one time. Your daughters are beautiful and what fun that they are quilting too! You are so very fortunate!  I love your idea of a day to day picture journal. What a novel idea!!

Linda ... it's good to see you again and I appreciate that you caught up with the posts.  You are missed when your gone.  I am very lucky to have four wonderful granddaughters!  I really love the day to day picture journal idea too, I'm not sure why others haven't posted pictures though.  I was hoping to see the ongoing work of others as well as my own.  I guess I'm used to it because for so many years we've kept up some kind of blog or presence on Facebook.   Do you have a camera to transmit your quilting progress?

I'm afraid that the room is looking rather barren this morning as it has been the last few days.  The idea is to catch up on my homework ... I don't think I'll last until the quilting retreat on the 9th though.  That seems to be soooo much time without a project. 

Maybe I'll try to finish this quilt for my sweetie.  It got bumped somewhere this summer.  The top part (for top of bed) is complete, but we had some "Fishy" fabric that we wanted to use for the sides of the blanket.  I think we are mentally fighting that if we finish the blanket then we get deers and fishes on our bed.  Hmm, thinking this should have been thought out first, but we're in way too deep now.  Rich went out quilt shopping with us for the quilt and that part has to be praised and encouraged.  Right?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:42 PM

I've got some of those manly prints too that my DH picked out...fishes, fishing and camping gear, ducks, deers, etc.  Haven't figured out what I'm going to use them on, but, I never discourage his purchasing or selecting of fabric.  It will all get used someday, won't it?

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use