rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:54 PM

Sheila

I have one machine...Bernina ... that is set up to do embroidery.  And then I have a Janome Horizon that I use for piecing and quilting.  Love having 2 separate machines. I can piece while the other machine does its embroidery job.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 375
Pat replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:58 PM

Hi,

I love your embroidery on your quilt.

I make a lot of quilt of valor quilts, as well as, table runners, table tops, etc. I have a Brother 770 embroidery machine that  I would love to start doing embroidery on some quilts with.  I would like to add to designs, make bigger or smaller, add too, etc. 

My question is what is a good software for my computer that I can use to add to, adjust, etc my embroidery designs?  I have embroidered, but am still new at it. I have checked some on line, but they are either very expensive or confusing! Can anyone give me any imput on software?

Thanks for any imput you can give me!

Pat

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 820
PaddieLea replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:37 PM

Hi Pat

I have a Singer Futura CE150, the resizing, adding & adjusting are all on the Futura software.  I haven't used any other.  I'm sorry I couldn't help you out.

PaddieLea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:06 PM

Pat

All the sizing and adjusting is built into my Bernina software.   I would love to be able to afford some of the digitizing software so that I could make my own designs.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 2:07 PM

I am trying to embroider a teddy bear for a baby quilt I am making.   I've used a medium weight fusible stabilizer and secured it tightly in the hoop and it looks great, as long as it is in the hoop.  When I remove the hoop, this is what I end up with.  How do I keep it from puckering up like this?  All help will be appreciated.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 2:44 PM

Karla

Use a heavy wt stabilizer on the back and  tear away stabilizer on the top.  You have such a heavily stitched pattern that it will need the stabilizer to prevent the puckering.   Good luck.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 2:44 PM

Karla - I'm no expert but, that looks like a lot of stitches which would probably require more stabilizer than you're using. The denser the stitching is, the more stability it needs. Hope that helps.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,871
Points 420,189
gini replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 2:51 PM

more stabilizer, double of triple it if you need to

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 4:56 PM

Cute Teddy Bear Karla.  No answer to your problem though.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:08 PM

Karla:

I am trying to embroider a teddy bear for a baby quilt I am making.   I've used a medium weight fusible stabilizer and secured it tightly in the hoop and it looks great, as long as it is in the hoop.  When I remove the hoop, this is what I end up with.  How do I keep it from puckering up like this?  All help will be appreciated.

Karla - I had that problem when I embroidered a logo on a shirt.  I had it stretched as tight as a drum, and when I took it out, it puckered.  SO - you know what I was told when I brought in my machine for a lesson?  They TOOK another shirt, TOOK that logo, and put it in the hoop JUST RIGHT - NOT stretched - and used the SAME stabilizer as I did, and VOILA!  NO PUCKERS!  Try another one, use the right weight stabilizer, and this time DON'T stretch it TAUT.  That is the secret (at least, it was for me).

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:17 PM

Nana -

Have you thought about getting the Bernina Embroidery Software version 6?  I have the version 5, and I can upgrade to 6 if i pay a bit more.  But even my Version 5 has all kinds of things.  I have used it to create my own design, too - My son has this strategy board game he created, and he made a logo for it.  We are now selling the game through gaming conventions and online, but the thing is I am using this logo that was created with my software to put it on shirts we wear when we go to these things, as well as making "patches" that are circular (yes, I make them with a circled satin stitched edge and cut them out) and sew them onto the gaming cases.  After I got the Version 5 to do this, 6 came out, and the lady who helped me said using 6 to do what she and I did is now a breeze!~  Great stuff!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:26 PM

Bella

I haven't given much thought to upgrading the software at this time.  I do enjoy the embroidery but really haven't used it enough to justify an upgrade.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 615

I know this machine is great, but there are the people that can't afford such a machine. There are other kinds of machines that do the same kind of work but just a little more work to it. I have a Jamone Memory Caft machine: it does alot of the same things that your machine does(no where near the # of embroidey stitches! but I can do that by hand or by my free hand stitch. Of course I have plenty of time to fool around because I don't do it for profit. I do it to help others, mostly children that usually don't even own a sheet set. JULIE T.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 615

I ALSO AGREE THAT'S A DARN CUTE TEDDY BEAR, KARLA I also agree about te heavy stablizer but only on the back.

Best of luck! Julie T.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.