Top 10 Posters

Southeast quilting retreat

Page 47 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 976 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 3:55 PM

Nan:
I mainly do not want to bother any one.

Nan,

You definitely won't Bother anyone!  We are quilters, we bother each other ALL time time, its what we do best! LOL 

The one person or I should say furbaby that bothers everyone is MS Cricket! My toy poodle! She is bad to the bone!  She is a prima donna.  I have to constantly pull her off this laptop. She loves to talk to all the other furbabies.

Have you ever visited the "farm animal" Board where all the "furbabies" our pets talk? OMG  That is a scream!   Ms Cricket,  is Chatty Cathy! Then there's Nana's dreamy brown eyes Pancho, and Tall Jax! Marge has Goldens, Mac and Autumn, Nancy has Calley a beautiful (I can remember the breed of dog but I think it starts with a V! ) Barbara has Angel.  See there are so many, you need a flowchart to remember all their names!  and I am not even mentioning all the Kittys either.

So remember when you need a laugh go to "Search" and type in Farm Animals.  Or I did friend you and accept my friendship and you will usually see where Ms Cricket posts under my name for Farm Animals talking to all her friends.

I think your mini retreat sounds like a blast!  Have fun!  Lucky you!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Nana--

I hope I can be put on the waiting list for the retreat.  I'm way behind on QCA news because of the move and suddenly I find that the retreat plans are in high gear and I seem to have missed the boat.  Would so love to reconnect with y'all again, but if nothing opens up this time, maybe there'll be another one next year.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Marie--

I'm in Kissimmee and would love for us to try and get together while you're in Dunedin.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Oh Joyce -- not that I want to see anyone drop out of the retreat but I hope that something will work out so that you can join us.  I, for one, would love to meet you. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:25 PM

Joyce, there is to be a Smoky Mountain Retreat, in Tennessee, next year so check out that group.  I don't believe it is close to full yet. The discussion is just beginning. Oh, I hope you can come!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:14 PM

Joyce

I have been thinking about you all week.  I was wondering how the move went and if you are all settled in.  Hope you are soaking up lots of sunshine and warm weather.  Give Minnie Mouse a hug for me.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:37 PM

Hi Joyce!  How did the move go?  Are you feeling settled?  Making new friends?  Joining a quilt guild?  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:43 PM

Nan, just wanted to weigh in on the anxiety/panic attack issues.  When I was in pre-M, I started having horrible panic attacks.  I could not breathe and was sure I was having a heart attack.  In one year I think I was at the emergency hospital 3 or 4 times.   The last time one of the doctors prescribed Attivan...OMG  I was addicted in less than a month and when I quit taking them i went through a horrible withdrawal.  Finally found a doctor I could afford (I had no insurance during this time) and he put me on Xanax.   Took that stuff daily for over a year and never had a problem.,  Was able to wean off after that and only  take as needed.  That was over 10 years ago and haven't been to the ER since!   

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Marie:

I agree with Barbara a nice coastal seafood meal at a nice restaurant.  I haven't cooked since my DH passed, don't think I remember how.  LOL  Will help out with whatever is needed to be done but quick and easy is good with me.

I am dittoing everything you just said, Marie. I haven't cooked much since my husband died 4 years ago. I am willing to help out, but don't put me in charge!! I want a nice seafood meal, too. If we go so far as to go to the coast we must have seafood!! I haven't been keeping up much with the discussions, so I had a lot of reading to catch up on.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I didn't go back far enough to read what Nan's problem is, but whatever it is, I hope you can come, and there are plenty of us nurses who will take good care of you. Hope you can come, Nan.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 11:48 PM

I am on Xanax daily and as needed. Have not had a full blown panic attack in about 3 months and I know the majority of triggers.but I have these mini "want to jump out of my skin" spells.  Dr. just knows how hard we have worked to get stability and of course being a male he does not get the wanting to go to quilting retreat!!!?

Getting to meet Diana and possibly Mary ahead of time should help.. but definitely will be able to know if attending retreat is good idea.

I want to go out for seafood dinner also.

I really thank everyone for the well wishes and encouragement.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:27 AM

Nan:
Dr. just knows how hard we have worked to get stability and of course being a male he does not get the wanting to go to quilting retreat!!!?

Nan

You know sometimes you have to do things JUST for you.  I don't think others that don't belong to our close knit circle can possibly understand how "close" we are even though many of us never have met-- we all feel like we have.

My goodness I remember when Gini was visiting my area and I was so thrilled she had time to come and have dinner at my house. I actually got to meet her and her DH.  What a treat it was for me and my family.  Was I just a little nervous- to be honest - yes- at first- because I wanted everything to be perfect for her and her DH..  But she is so sweet, I soon forgot "perfect" and felt like I was talking to her on the board.  Our visit ended too soon for me. So I know I may be tongue tied at the beginning and shy too at our retreat.  Quit laughing everyone! : ).  But that will end when we say our name and hug.  And then let the quilting and Partying begin!

In answer to your question- No -some males do not understand "a quilting retreat or why we quilt!

Marlene

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,499
Points 30,510
Diana replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 7:20 AM

I don't mind cooking for a large crowd.  I used to cook all holiday dinners for anywhere from 12 to 20 people.  I like cooking for people who appreciate it.  I cook every day for DH and me. He's a severe diabetic so no processed or as little as possible.  I cook from scratch as much as possible.  I do make a mean meatloaf that hubby loves.   Then to add baked potatoes (white or sweet)  and cole slaw or tossed salad.  Easy meal but very nutricious

Diana in East Tn.. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Nan & Diana,

I cannot wait to meet you ladies. I will certainly clear my schedule. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:02 AM

Diane, would you share your meat loaf recipe. DH loves it but I am just not good at meatloaf. Ashmaned to say that I go to the grocery store deli and pay $3.00 a slice for it!!!  So, we rarily eat it.

Sukochi

Page 47 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use