Top 10 Posters

Southeast quilting retreat

Page 39 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 976 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:03 PM

Nana, I think Mary and I are going to ride together, still working out details, last I talked to her.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:05 PM

Marie:
Now there's an idea, tell me more about AZ climate, etc.

Geez, Marie!  The winters here are fabulous.  It we ever get into the 50's we think it is FReezing!  We are the biggest babies ever for the cold here in the Phoenix area!  Usually the days would be in the high 60's-low 70's.  Not much rain at all.  No humidity.  NO Snow.  Nights will cool off of course.  You will not need a heavy coat here.  Lots of people wear shorts year around. A light jacket is usually all you need-if that or sweater.  We think its a HOLIDAY if we get to wear a sweater! LOL   We wear sandals all the time! We are so laid back here-some fancy restaurants have a "dress code" for us "zonies"!

Today it is still in the 80's and it is finally cooling off. 

This is a desert climate so you are not going to see acres of green like you are used to.  But pretty mountains and cactus.  Lots of quilt shops near me, I live in what we call the "east valley" not to far from Arizona State University. 

There's entertainment like anywhere else.  The price of gas now is $3.23 a gallon if that helps you on prices (unleaded).

I haven't been to FLorida, but we don't have mosquitoes here at least in Phoenix and I think that is a huge plus for me.  They always like to eat me.  LOL!!

Now I say, you come down and we can play!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Nana, I will be driving in from WNY.  At this time, I plan to travel solo but if there is someone who needs/wants to jump in along the way, I am open to passengers.  Not sure what my route will be.  Hubby says it is too early to plan because there could be construction which would alter things.  You know in WNY we have two seasons--Winter and Construction.

Everything is coming together nicely.  Great deal on tables. I had offered to bring two folding tables.  Did you still plan on that or will the rentals be adequate?

Do you know how many ironing boards we will have/need?  I can bring a table top if needed.

It will be difficult to wait until April, but I don't want to wish my life away either.

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:45 PM

Darlene

At the price of rental tables it may be easier to just get our extra tables after we get there and set up.  They can be pretty hard to pack and transport.

We will need a couple of ironing boards.  I am planning on bringing my regular ironing board and I also have a small table top.   The small ones will work fine for pressing blocks but we may need a couple of regular boards for the larger pressing projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:50 PM

Nana:

Nana:

Nana:

Deposits on the way

1. Nana    received
  2. Kris'  DH
  3. Kris
  4. Kris's friend
  5. Mn Nancy       check received
  6. Nancy's DH     check received
  7. Leslie
  8. Elaine      check received
  9. Darlene (2many horses)
  10. Darlene's DH
  11. Gini      check received
  12. Althea    check received
  13. Althea's DH   check received
  14. Marge       check received
  15. Diana (TN)     check recerved.
  16. Sukochi    check received
  17. Marlene
  18. Nan   check received
  19. Marie
  20. Mary   check received
  21. Barbara     check recerved.
  22. Sue      check received
  23. Dalene
  24. Joni

Waiting List

1..  Susan ....  Florida

Most recent update.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:51 PM

Nana:

Could everyone that is driving give me info on if anyone is riding with you so that I can get an idea of how many vehicles we will have so that I can check into parking arrangements.

I know that the following will have a vehicle

1. Nana, Gini, Marlene
  2. Mn Nancy and DH
  3. Elaine and Barbara
  4. Althea and DH
  5. Kris, and friend and DH  ? Marie
  6. Darlene (2mh) and DH
  7. Marge and Sukochi
  8. Diana and Nan
  9. Darlene
  10. Mary and Leslie
  11. Sue

Not sure on the rest.   Thanks

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:14 PM

nana, a house tht size will have at least one ironing board and iron

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:27 PM

Nan and Mary will be riding with me.  I will be driving a 7-passenger van.  Lots of room for lots of goodies.....lol

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:31 PM

At least I think Mary is riding with me.   I'm getting so confused......hehehehehe

Diana in East Tn.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:59 PM

Could everyone that is driving give me info on if anyone is riding with you so that I can get an idea of how many vehicles we will have so that I can check into parking arrangements.

I know that the following will have a vehicle

1. Nana, Gini, Marlene
  2. Mn Nancy and DH
  3. Elaine and Barbara
  4. Althea and DH
  5. Kris, and friend and DH  ? Marie
  6. Darlene (2mh) and DH
  7. Marge and Sukochi
  8. Diana
  9. Darlene
  10. Mary and Leslie

Not sure on the rest.   Thanks

Hi Nana I will be driving by myself if any one needs a ride from Dayton Ohio let me know if any one needs a ride. Can't wait to meet all you wonderful loving ladies.

Sue D. Ohio

I have found  the following suggestions from different sweet gals   :  ?

Make name tags  (Sukochi) I like that ideal

Block exchange 8 1/2"    colors Beach y   Teal - Blues - Greens - Sand     ?

trip to Williamsburg  and  Carter Plantation

Donate the things we don't use:  Patterns - Specialty rulers - Books - Magazines - FABRIC

Food Teams:

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:07 PM

At the price of rental tables it may be easier to just get our extra tables after we get there and set up.  They can be pretty hard to pack and transport.

We will need a couple of ironing boards.  I am planning on bringing my regular ironing board and I also have a small table top.   The small ones will work fine for pressing blocks but we may need a couple of regular boards for the larger pressing projects.

Nana I have the big table with the folding sides that JoAnn sales the white I have the cutting mat and the pressing mat that goes with it. I will be driving a truck so I can bring and I have a table also if we need it.

Sue D. Ohio

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:09 PM

Sue

Yes all those ideas are in the works.   The block exchange requires that we make 20 of the same block and put our names and town and state on them to exchange with everyone.  It makes a really nice keepsake  quilt of the event.

We haven't made any definite plans regarding food.   I thought it might be easiest if we divide into groups of 4 people for each day and those 4 would be responsible for the food for that day.  If anyone has any other ideas just let me know.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:12 PM

Gini

I know that they have and iron listed and would assume that they have an ironing board.   I know that we could have used an extra in WA at times.  I feel sure that they will be plenty of supplies brought.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:35 PM

Barbara:
yeah Don's would have been on the 15th,of April, he would have been 63. I'd say we could have a little b-day party for them ,,,I'll bring his favorite Willy Nelson song and a beer,and a picture, What are you gonna bring? and we can sing HB  to both of them., B

Barbara

My dad would have been 85!on the 15th of April as his birthday was the same as Don's!  He loved Country Western Music also.  Shall I bring a surprise CD?  Of course a pic of him! And you have to think of your favorite "Don" stories for me and I can think of my favorite dad stories for you.  I doubt if we shall sleep that night! But the memories we shall make, at least they will be happy ones. OH, I have such a terrible voice!  I am sure you sing much better than I do.  Maybe I will have Adam record HP for my side of it! LOL  I gave him his pipes you know at birth.  I used to sing so well !  ROTFLOL  Now is it April yet?

Hugs!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:38 PM

Marlene and Barbara

Maybe we should do a special birthday cake in remembrance of.   What a great idea to celebrate their birthdays together.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 39 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.