Top 10 Posters

Southeast quilting retreat

Page 29 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 976 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:13 AM

Gini's right.  Most of the wine drinking started after about 9pm.  Yum it was really good wine too.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:26 AM

The flag finally went down on my mail box yesterday - he was really late - but my check for Jay's and my deposit is on its way!!! If you could, Nana, please let me know what the final cost will be as I will want to pay it off as soon as I can after the new year so I don't have any thing hanging over my head right before we come... that was the nice thing about our cruise - I paid it all off - and paid off our extra things so that it didn't hit us right before we left or on the cruise... I am still thinking of getting one of those massages on board...lol... I am just afraid that they might hurt me - and I don't want anything disrupting my good time in the Caribbean... I am getting excited... I try to keep my excitement down when ever I am going some place as you know the plans could always fall apart - but OH - Nov 5th is coming soon - right around the corner... Suitcases got pulled out and Jay's suit will be picked up from the dry cleaners tomorrow - for that dinner at the Captain's table... he wanted to just wear blue jeans... shush - told him he could wear the suit one more time for me...teehee...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:31 AM

Thea, you should get the massage,just tell them not to do a deep tissue one ,and the reason for it .and they will do so. I have had them done and they really do hlep.but yuo have to let them know . I have thought aobut doing a curise ,but have no one to share it with me so I will put it on my bucket list  LOL  I left you a message on the dywonqt site..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:32 AM

Althea

I should have an exact total in the next week.  It is looking like $264 per person if all the numbers on attendees stay the same.   Have fun on your cruise.  I had a massage once and it felt great.  They took into account all the joint issues but worked out all the knots in the muscles.  It was fantastic.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:40 AM

Nana - I used to go to a doctor that did this - gosh - senior moment - can't remember the type but he would massage my shoulders and neck to help with the arthritis and he did great till that one day - he pinched something and all the good work he had been doing was down the drain - I ended up in severe pain and it took months of massages to get me back to the place I had been... so although I am super tempted to sign up for this - I am scared to death - It is one of those things I am thinking if I decide to do - it might be on that last day out at sea - lol - after the Caymans and Jamaica...lol

I do love massages though - so you can see where I am leaning...teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:51 AM

Nana,I ,like thea woudl  like to get this paid as soon as possible ,so please when you do find out let me know as well. then I don't have to worry about it.  You are doing a great job ,Nana, putting one of these retreats together is tuff work, and it can stress you out, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 11:57 AM

You should definitely do it.  Have them use muslease liquid-it feels warm and soothing. All cruise ships have this.  I even had my 91 yr old mother do it!. Great for fibromyalgia and arthritis.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:23 PM

elgato - I am definitely thinking about it...lol... I looked up the couples massage - I think that would be fun for both Jay and I - I am thinking of this cruise like a Honeymoon that we never took and want to have so much fun!  No expectations though - just setting it all up ahead of time and thinking a couples massage on our last day at sea would be fun!  Only $279 ARGH!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,040
Points 169,828
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:35 PM

Then we're all set Gini, the corner it is!  I snore and thrash so I might need a bit more room than you do.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,040
Points 169,828
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:41 PM

Happy anniversary Sukochi!  And you keep your eyes shut not on the tech!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,040
Points 169,828
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:44 PM

Mary:
I don't know why he is always shaking his head and muttering under his breath as he walks away from me.

Mary so glad to hear someone else's husband does that as well.  My husband used to go to the chiropractor because of it.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,040
Points 169,828
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:47 PM

Nancy what's a Black Russian?  I'm a white wine drinker but I'm game to try something with a name like that, sounds chocolate. 

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:50 PM

Thanks, Marie. I always take a nap in the afternoon and with this sleep study tonight, they said NO nap. It is all I can do to stay awake.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:55 PM

MNnancy:
Did someone ask if the retreat is "dry?"   Not in your life!  Quilting and Black Russians go together beautifully!

I am bringing  homemade Tortillas from Arizona --- it can't be "dry"  we will need margaritas to go with the Mexican food... and Black Russians, and wine and sangria, and virgin drinks for those that don't indulge.

Marlene

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 3:02 PM

Marie

If you like coffee, you will like a Black Russian- vodka and Kahlua over ice. YUMMY.  Or my personal favorite a White Russian add milk or cream to it  Super Yummy.

Sorry Nancy, I answered for you! : )  I owe you a Black Russian when you come to AZ!! : )  Maybe a couple or two or three, I have a brand new bottle of Kahlua.  Waiting for you.... hint!

Marlene

• | Post Points: 50
Page 29 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use