Top 10 Posters

Southeast quilting retreat

Page 25 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 976 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,247
Points 254,337
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:10 PM

Nana - I hate to say this - but it is the truth - my Dad committed suicide while on Ambien - he took the meds - went to bed and at around 2 am my Step Mother woke to find him not in bed - went looking for him and found him hanging in the garage - they have a study out about seniors who have committed suicide on this drug.  It really does scare me - I did wake one morning while on it and found these bags in the front living room from Wal-Mart - I had driven there during the night and shopped - I took it all back - but wondered if I had even dressed myself or gone in my PJ's - never did find an answer to that question - but after what happened with my Dad I did some research and had a long talk with my doctors and they said that if you ever did any sleep walking as a child that this drug was not the drug for you.  It allows your subconscious to take over - like blacking out on alcohol - you have no memory of doing anything.  I truly believe that my Dad - who was very depressed - he had just been diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and was concerned about what he would become - went to sleep having had these thoughts about taking his life before he got worse and did it... 

He was in treatment at the time and had just had his first radiation treatment which the doctors had told him was promising - but he was scared... this drug IMHO allowed him to act on his thoughts

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:19 PM

Thea

It is very possible.  Drugs do some strange things to people.  I am comfortable taking the ambien at this time because I have taken it for so long without any problems.  But I would definitely have to reconsider if I started having issues with it.   I guess I am one of the lucky ones that just gets a good nights sleep with it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,247
Points 254,337
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:31 PM

Nana - I do know that what I took was called Ambien - I believe what they have on the market today is called Ambien - C - they did change it - there was a class action suit brought against the company - and doctors were warned about seniors taking it - I think maybe we get more susceptible to our subconscious as we get older... not exactly sure - 

I am happy that for you it works - that is wonderful and until I went shopping on it - I thought it worked for me - I didn't know my Dad was on it until after his death.  I would have warned my Step - Mother because by that time I had done research and had the talk with my doctor's about my problems with it.

I did worry about Barbara being on it because of her late night getting up and having no memory of it the next day!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

Althea,

I understand what you mean. I was on Ambien CR for a time and did the whole walking/talking/eating in my sleep. Hubby had to take off work because he was afraid I would drive in my sleep. I kept saying I was just going to drive until I fell asleep. That was my lost weekend. I remember taking one pill on Friday night and evidently took 28 more during the weekend. Don't remember anything until Monday morning. It's dangerous stuff for certain of us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,247
Points 254,337
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:02 PM

Mary - One of the things that scares me - and unless you hear about it - no one ever tells us till it is too late!  I am glad that nothing more then a lost weekend happened to you and glad you are okay!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,332
Points 255,409
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:23 PM

WOW,some scary suff to be sure,I did talk to my doctor about what happen and he just told me to have Paul keep and eye on me. To my knowledge it has not happend again,I wonder if could have been a stress reaction. I was pretty stress at the time ,being the first retreat I'd ever done ,and worried something would go wrong. ,Any way Thea it has not happended anymore ,thank good ness.Lately I have actually been sleeping good.At least 6 to 7 hours which is great for me..Now if I coudl just stop all the bathroom visits  I'd be doing great ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:30 PM

Barbara:

WOW,some scary suff to be sure,I did talk to my doctor about what happen and he just told me to have Paul keep and eye on me. To my knowledge it has not happend again,I wonder if could have been a stress reaction. I was pretty stress at the time ,being the first retreat I'd ever done ,and worried something would go wrong. ,Any way Thea it has not happended anymore ,thank good ness.Lately I have actually been sleeping good.At least 6 to 7 hours which is great for me..Now if I coudl just stop all the bathroom visits  I'd be doing great ..

Speaking of sleep, tomorrow night, I have to spend the night in a Sleep Study Lab. They tell me I will be hooked up to all sort of wires and sensors and such.....and I will sleep. NOT! Good luck getting me to sleep like that.  And, it is my 42nd wedding anniversary. Hubby scheduled it "without thinking". Ya think?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,332
Points 255,409
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:42 PM

Sukochi, good luck on your Sleep Study, they usually have really nice beds to sleep in..very comfy in a private room.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,792
Points 420,639
gini replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:50 PM

Barbara:
they usually have really nice beds to sleep in..very comfy in a private room.Barbara

with all kinds of cameras staring at you, and listening devices,   just kidding.   sam was in his sleep study for 1 1/2 hours, then woke up.   they came in and took his wires off and told him he was the worst case they'ld ever seen and sent him home.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,332
Points 255,409
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 4:08 PM

Gini, gee I had a very nice room looked just like a bedroom,Tv and all .tiny little camera up in the corner and of couse oaa the wires ,but I thought I slept good, till they woke me up and hooked me up to bipap. I use it as needed..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 5:19 PM

Nana:

Deposits on the way

1. Nana
  2. Nana's DH
  3. Kris
  4. Kris's friend
  5. Mn Nancy
  6. Nancy's DH
  7. Leslie
  8. Elaine
  9. Darlene (2many horses)
  10. Darlene's DH
  11. Gini
  12. Althea
  13. Althea's DH
  14. Marge
  15. Diana (TN)     check recieved.
  16. Sukochi
  17. Marlene
  18. Nan
  19. Marie
  20. Mary
  21. Barbara     check recieved.
  22. Sue

Awaiting deposit info

1. Joy
  2. Darlene

First two deposits recieved.   Thanks Barbara and Diana.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 5:36 PM

I hope it works for you. Ambien, Trazadone, amitripline, doxipin,-all those work like speed on me . With 2 mg Klonapin, 30 mg remereon, 1800 mg gabapentin-I am able to get 4 hours of straight sleep.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Nana:

The dates are

April 14 thru April 21.

Well bummer --- just last week I signed up for the April mini retreat at the LQS.  It's the weekend of the 21st.  I had already talked to Angela at the shop and told her I might have a conflict.  I can cancel and just get a store credit but I was kinda hoping I would get to do both.  BUT --- you guys are more important. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Barbara:

Nana,with these being King size beds I should be okay in one of them.plenty of room and I would not be kicking anyone. so go ahead an do that for me .and  someone who like a cool roon and snores  LOL  WE'll be perfect roomies..Barbara

Hey Barbara --- it sounds like we would be perfect roommates.  That is as long as my getting up in the middle of the night to use the little girls room wouldn't bother you.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 5:39 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Nana:

The dates are

April 14 thru April 21.

Well bummer --- just last week I signed up for the April mini retreat at the LQS.  It's the weekend of the 21st.  I had already talked to Angela at the shop and told her I might have a conflict.  I can cancel and just get a store credit but I was kinda hoping I would get to do both.  BUT --- you guys are more important. 

Thats right Marge, we are  

[Ava, Missouri

Page 25 of 66 (977 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.