Page 1 of 66 (977 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 976 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana Posted: Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:13 AM

Before doing definite planning I need some information from those interested in attending.

1.  How many are definite about attending this retreat.

2.  How many days are you interested in.   the midwest was 3 or 4 days.   the NW was sunday thru friday with checkout on friday morning.

3 Do you feel that there has to be a quilt shop close by.

4 How far are you willing to travel

5 How much are you willing to spend.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 1:00 AM

I have located an oceanfront propertiy in Virginia Beach that sleeps 20 and would run about $200 per person for the week if we have 20 people.  Lots of amenities and spacious rooms.  Would have to do the retreat in mid April to get this price.  There is a quilt shop in Virginia Beach.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,841
Points 248,954
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 4:15 AM

Nana if you stick with April I would love to attend,  5 days would be fine with me.and I would be driving myself.There does not need to be a quilt shop close. As far as spending ,I'm third on the list ,remember LOL  My only requirement I would need a room on the lowest floor possible, as I have trouble with stairs. .thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 4:51 AM

Hi Nana,

I would be definately interested.  I would drive myself since I'm in East Tn.  Quilt shop not a necessity but would be nice.  That price sounds fine with me.  5 days or so would be good too.  I've never been on a quilting retreat and would love to join you.  Thanks.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:52 AM

Barbara and Diane

If we opt to go with a beach house it will be a full week.  Check in would be Sat. afternoon and check out is Sat morning.  I can even see if I can find one with an elevator in our price range.  Lots of the houses have elevators and almost all of them have hot tubs.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:54 AM

I will need to get part of the cost up front because we have to pay a deposit at time of booking.   It usually is about 10% so it wouldn't be a huge upfront cost.   I just need everyone to give me info ASAP because the houses book quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:05 PM

Not a problem with sending a check or if you prefer postal money order.  A week is just as ok.  I'm retired so I can go and come as I please, within reason.  Hubby gets to stay home and take care of the cats.  I don't mind driving and can bring my sewing machine and everything I need with me.  I even have a cousin who lives in the Virginia Beach area  who I don't see too often.  It's beautiful there and haven't been there in many years.   If anyone needs a ride between East Tn. and Virginia Beach, would love the company.

Diana in East Tn.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:51 PM

April sounds like a great time to come east - after the snows and $200 is within my price range for a place to stay!  I would love to be added to this list.  I would be driving from Oklahoma as I do not like flying anywhere!  After being an Air Traffic controller for 21 years, I have my issues with planes... lol  

Are there any quilt shops in the area?  I would love it if we just stayed in and got to know each other with maybe only 1 day trip planned... 

What about food and bedding?  Do we have to bring our own - is there a place for us to cook or is this an added fee!  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 2:04 PM

Thea

The houses are fully stocked with linens and cooking utensil and even dishes.  All of them have at least one totally stocked kitchen and frequently have extra refrigerators and microwaves.  There is no extra charge for any of these amenities.

There is a quilt shop in the Virginia Beach area.  I also thought since it would be a full week maybe some of us would like to see Colonial Williamsburg.  It is close to the area and you can see some beautiful sites.

There is also lots of resturants in the area for anyone that would like to eat out occasionally.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 2:28 PM

Diana:

Not a problem with sending a check or if you prefer postal money order.  A week is just as ok.  I'm retired so I can go and come as I please, within reason.  Hubby gets to stay home and take care of the cats.  I don't mind driving and can bring my sewing machine and everything I need with me.  I even have a cousin who lives in the Virginia Beach area  who I don't see too often.  It's beautiful there and haven't been there in many years.   If anyone needs a ride between East Tn. and Virginia Beach, would love the company.

Diana in East Tn.   

Diane, wuld it be possible for me to meet up with you for a ride? I would help pay for gas. we only have one car and hubby would need it. Flying and the cost of the retreat would be hard for me. I could meet you where you live or in TN. along your way. I live in North Ga. a couple hours from Chatt. Let me know what you think I would LOVE this. and so would hubby!! lol

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 2:38 PM

Nana:

There is a quilt shop in the Virginia Beach area.  I also thought since it would be a full week maybe some of us would like to see Colonial Williamsburg.  It is close to the area and you can see some beautiful sites.

Nana - it sounds wonderful - I can't do much once I am at a place but seeing Williamsburg again would be fun - I went on a school trip there when I was in 8th grade - it would be like going down memory lane.  

Could we schedule what folks would want to bring as far as meals - I am unable to eat out at restaurants because of IBS - it is a sad situation but I have no problems with it... I am fine with bringing my own food but would love it if we could have different people scheduled to bring different foods so that everyone didn't bring the same thing and that we wouldn't have an over abundance of some foods... except chocolate - everyone could bring chocolate...teehee...

One of the reasons I didn't eat out when we went to Iowa was because I didn't want to have the problems that I do when I eat out - no one else would be able to get near a bathroom for the day...teehee...

I would like to see the area again though - we did do that in Iowa - went out to Fons and Porter's shop and that was fun - I love looking at scenery and Liz and I had a ton of fun on our drive there - we went from quilt shop to quilt shop - 

I would like to do that across country to Virginia - but would reduce the # of shops I went to - I was rather exhausted when I got to Iowa... But it was tons of fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 3:52 PM

Thea

We could definitely do a food list for everyone or we could wait and go to the grocery store after we arrive.  Which ever people prefer.   I don't do much eating out either although when I am at the beach I do like to go out for fresh seafood at least once...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 3:55 PM

So Far we have

1. Nana

2. Barbara

3. Diana

4. Althea

5. Sukochi

I will amend the list as I get definites.  We will stay at no more than 20.  If we have a lesser number I will check into houses that accommadates our numbers.   keep signing up .... I can hardly wait to meet all of you.   The Pacific NW retreat was awesome and this one will be just as much fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Nana - add me to the list.  And don't forget that quilt shop we stopped at in Williamsburg.  :o)

Sukochi - I would be driving up I75 from the metro Atlanta area.  Would be happy to share my ride with you.  We can talk about it as the time gets closer.  Diane wouldn't be a "good fit" as she is closer to the Gatlinburg area.  We met each other last may when Hubby and vacationed in that area.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 6:57 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Nana - add me to the list.  And don't forget that quilt shop we stopped at in Williamsburg.  :o)

Sukochi - I would be driving up I75 from the metro Atlanta area.  Would be happy to share my ride with you.  We can talk about it as the time gets closer.  Diane wouldn't be a "good fit" as she is closer to the Gatlinburg area.  We met each other last may when Hubby and vacationed in that area.

Marge, that would be great. that way DH wouldn't have to drive me to TN. We will plan on it. I can catch you in Dalton. We will work it out. thanks so much. I look forward to it.

Sukochi

Page 1 of 66 (977 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use