Batting Seam Tape

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
461 Posts
Points 9,665
Flojo posted on Mon, Oct 17 2011 10:16 PM

I've seen this in one of Keepsake Quilter catalog and was wondering if anyone has tried it.  Is it easy to use? Can you quilt through it easly? Does it leave a line  that shows on top of the quilt and does it keep the quilt from 'breaking' ?

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,330 Posts
Points 27,245

I have bought some but not used it yet.  In the videos I watched everyone said they loved it.  My local quilt stor also said it was great.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,422 Posts
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:38 PM

Flojo, my lqs demonstrated it during a class earlier this year and it looked easy and pretty much invisible.  I bought it and like Elizabeth I have not used it so I don't know how it holds up. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi Flojo,

The batting tape is awesome.  I am a longarm quilter and often clients do not send quilte enough batting, I can actually add the batting to the end of the quilt while it is on my machine, use a dry iron and I am ready to go again.  I also have been able to use up larger pieces of batting in smaller quilts without sewing.  LOVE IT!

Judylee

Top 150 Contributor
Female
461 Posts
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 4:02 PM

Thanks fellow quilters!  Judy Lee, just what I wanted to hear.  I have lots of batting scraps to big for place mats and to small for small quilts.  Maybe I can put 4 together and have enough for one baby quilt.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Flojo,

I just slightly over lap the pieces and cut it with my rotary cutter so that the edges match, then use a dry iron to press the pieces together.  I really thisk the is the best thing to come down the pike in a while!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,771 Posts
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:22 PM

I love it.  I've bought it through Connecting Threads.  Don't know if that's cheaper than Keepsake Quilting or not. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:13 PM

Flojo, I purchased my batting tape at a small quilt shop after watching the store owner "tape" batting together for a quilt. I was amazed at how well it worked! After she sandwiched the quilt I couldn't see the seam and I was sold! I have used this on numerous occasions and love it. The $6 I spent has saved my 10 times as much in batting costs. I now always buy king size batting and use almost every square inch of it!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use