Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2011 12:57 AM

I have spent an hour or so reading all the information on these rulers and seam allowance additions and the connectors. I have placed the ultimate set in my shopping cart.

Now what I want to know is do you have this set? Do you like it? are you using it? Is this worth 100 bucks for the set? I love new gadgets, but I must be spend thrifty when it comes to tools.

I do need to replace one of my fav rulers as it is chipped and OLD can't read through it anymore. SEW please leave me some comments, & info on any coupon offers for % off or free shipping PLEASE let me know.
Thanks to all Carylanne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:45 AM

Caryl Anne:

I have spent an hour or so reading all the information on these rulers and seam allowance additions and the connectors. I have placed the ultimate set in my shopping cart.

Now what I want to know is do you have this set? Do you like it? are you using it? Is this worth 100 bucks for the set? I love new gadgets, but I must be spend thrifty when it comes to tools.

I do need to replace one of my fav rulers as it is chipped and OLD can't read through it anymore. SEW please leave me some comments, & info on any coupon offers for % off or free shipping PLEASE let me know.
Thanks to all Carylanne

Caryl Anne,I would get them, sounds like you need to take your old ruler and fine a place of honor for her on the wall ,with some cute saying ,( she served me well and gave up her lines)  or something to that effect. I have rulers that I've only used a few times ,but I really happy I have them when I need them..Ultimately the decision has to be yours.. shop some of the online shops  often you will find they have ruler on sale , And Amazon  has alot of ruler that are very reasonable  priced..Good luck on your endeavor

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 798
Points 12,294
Joan L. replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 4:14 AM

Good morning Barbara, Are you up late or up early?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 5:24 AM

Jaon ,I was up early,went to bed early last night ,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 11:28 AM

I am specifically asking about the " Guideline4Quilting" set of rulers that have the seam addition allowance, prep tools and the connectors for these rulers. Please let me know if you have them and what you have experienced using them.

http://www.guidelines4quilting.com/

Carylanne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:25 PM

Carylanne,

I have the additions that attach to regular rulers (I have creative grids) but I don't like them at all. They don't stay put.

I think you'll have a better experience if you buy the set of rulers etc. They seem to work better together. I say if you were planning on buying new rulers anyway it won't hurt to try these.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 120

Hi Carylanne,

This is John from Guidelines4Quilting. I saw your post and wanted to ask if you have tried moistening the suction cups on the Quilt Ruler Additions? I've been able to use them for several hours at a time and they stay firmly attached that way. Other things that can affect how long they stay attached is if the ruler or suction cups have lint on them or if the ruler has scratches on the surface. You might try wiping off the surface of the ruler and the suction cups and give them another try.

You are right that the Additions for the Guidelines Rulers do actually lock into the ends of our ruler as opposed to the version that attaches to any acrylic ruler but we do get positive comments from customers who use both versions all the time. On the other hand, we know that there is no product made that works for all quilters all the time but please give my suggestion a try. Also, let us know if it is just one of the Additions that won't stay attached. There is always a chance that there is something mechanically wrong with one of them but it would be unlikely that all three would have a mechanical problem.

Hope that helps.

John

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 120

BTW, I've never posted before but I just wanted to say that I am not the cute blonde that showed up as my avatar after I posted ;>)

John.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 6:46 AM

John. roflol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,920
Cindy replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 7:03 AM

John,

I guess what your saying is your not blonde...

Cindy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:43 AM

thanks to all who have commented. And thanks to John who is from the company "Guidelines4Quilting".
I am going to purchase the set of two rulers two additions a prep tool and the connector. $99.

I own probably 17- 20 different rulers and tools that are absolutely must haves when doing certain projects. I am sure that at least one such purchase was over $50, and I have only used it once, however it did make a big difference in the time cutting and piecing the quilt top. I chipped my old girl again yesterday. so I must make my decision today.. SEW BEE IT!! new ruler sets are coming on board.

Carylanne

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 7,215

SEW then....... you can tell US how well you like the GuideLine4Quilting set. LOL I have been considering them also. They look very useful, please let us know!!

Kathy

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 190
momzak replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:54 AM

I have the older Guideline4Quilting rulers and they are great. HOWEVER, the triangle additions were not correct and so the company has changed them. I am looking forward to getting a set if I can find the triangle additions only. The new rulers look like they have better fabric cutting guides but I have never had any trouble with them.  The guides definitely make precise cutting easier for tired eyes.  I have 2 rulers with all the additions and the connectors. I have had trouble with the connectors holding the rulers firmly. ( Kept coming apart at a class). Overall, I would recommend the rulers especially with the new additions. 

Momzak

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Thanks momzak for your input, I see on the web site that you can order the new additions for H Q S triangles I would write them and ask for a replacement, as they are looking to be the next best thing for ease in cutting correctly.  Money is set aside for this purchase, I am going to order the full two ruller set today.

Carylanne

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use