Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 190
Tracy Posted: Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:38 PM

Hi! I'm Tracy, from Boise Idaho. I'm fairly new to quilting although not new to sewing.  I'm new to this site too and am so glad to have found it. It is a wealth of information!  I'm learning a lot by just reading and am truly inspired by everyone!  I have made several small items but am a little intimidated by any large sized quilt. Mainly with the quilting process, not so much with the piecing part.  But I believe I will get there in time.

The hardest process for me is trying to decide a motiff pattern or finding one the the quilt top or how to go about that.  I'm finding no problem in finding patterns for quilts I love, but how to find the right motiff pattern besides just a free motion stippling pattern.  Are there any great books out there that are helpful in this area? 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:48 PM

Hi Tracy, welcome , Happy you found QCA, you will love it here

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,090
Joy replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:52 PM

Hi Tracy! Welcome to QCA! I love the sight too! My DH laughs at me when I have a problem or need advice while quilting, I get my computer and come right to QCA for help...and usually its quick!  I have been stuck on bed size quilts since I started quilting and have only made a handful of smaller projects. Your going to laugh, but I find the larger quilts easier to do...more room for 'oops!'  There are a ton of books and online information about motiff's that go with different quilt patterns. But I also think a lot has to do with how busy the fabric is, who its for, and how often it will be washed.  The martingale company has numerous books and a web site you can check out. Also Fabshophop.com has a ton of information. I am not nearly as experienced as many of the people here, and was intimidated in the beginning too. I let the quilt "talk" to me. I go through a bunch of motif's, think about who the quilt is for and choose! If that doesn't work I do an all over pattern, loops, leaves, stippling...etc.  Here are a few web sites:

http://www.quiltingcreations.com/

http://www.martingale-pub.com/store/

http://www.fabshophop.com/

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 190
Tracy replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:07 PM

Thank you Joy!  I'l do some more research!

Tracy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 9:03 PM

Welcome Tracy!  This is such a fun site and the people are all so nice and helpful.  Hope you enjoy i as much as I do.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Tracy.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 9:15 PM

hi tracy, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,950

Hi Tracy!  Welcome and I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

Oregon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 11:55 PM

Welcome Tracy.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 1,560
Debby replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:31 PM

Welcome, Tracy!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use