Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 27 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 4:30 PM

Joe:

You can see much of my "studio" and my most important sewing equipment in my pic. Center is old wingback, bought off Craigslist, occupied by geezer, bad legs propped on footstool. On left is old oak coffee table, rescued from a classic yacht under deconstruction. On that are wicker basket of papers and pads of my designs, an old stationary box full of thread and other boxes of pieces under construction. On right is an end table left over from former living room, with quilter's flashlight, pincushion, notions, coffee cup, the remote, and other essentials. Leaning against it my plywood square that is my cutting table when placed on the footstool, and a mini ironing board. Under all, containers, rulers, a mat or two, here and there.

You really want to see a picture of that? Maybe next time I clean up, which happens once in a while.

The rest of the house is sewing space as well, no room is free from storage and the garage is half full of tubs. We like it that way.

Joe, you have nearly described my "main sewing area" - rickity recliner, nightstand with drawer for piles of ideas, computer printer on small folding tray table in front of it (sways back and forth while printer is printing), small table to my right with desk organizers and pencil holders for tools (rotary cutter, rulers, etc). small travel iron, small (12 x 18) reversable cutting mat/ironing pad for my lap (leans against table when not in use), laptop computer standing on it's closed side leaning against the mat, favorite slotted cutting ruler standing behind it,  other assorted boxes of fabric  scattered around me.  This works for most of my projects.  The rest is mostly in the kitchen - big cutting mat, large ironing board and iron, sewing machine.  Someday...........................    I dream of having a sewing room.  the small area that is supposed to be my sewing room is mostly storage for now.  One closet has shelf space for fabric and a dresser also holds some sewing "stuff". 

A lot of my sewing is done by hand in the truck.  We truck cattle and I am "rolling secretary".  My Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt has been named "On the Road Again" because most of it has been done either in the truck or in the car during traveling twice a year to our daughter's in Texas.  I am in the easier part (at least for on the road) as I am adding the sashing and cornerstones.  I have about 10 unpieced blocks, but most of those have too many small pieces to do on bumpy dirt roads!  Too hard on the fingers!  I don't need to add blood to the other mishaps that have happened to some of the blocks over the last 2 years.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 9:28 AM

Here's what my sewing space looks like this morning.

Just moved things over from the cabin.  Still setting up.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 9:37 AM

Your space looks great! I have a large closet to work in in comparison! I'm not complaining though. I do get the morning sun!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 9:55 AM

WOW!  Will you ever get anything done, the scenery is breathtaking!  I wish you many hours of happy healthy quilting in this room!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:18 AM

Oh, I foresee many happy hours spent in this lovely space!  You said I could come sew with you for a day, didn't you?  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:31 AM

Wow ,to have that much room what a wonderful room you are going to have. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 11:44 AM

Such a fabulous space with natural light!  You are the envy of us all.

Kim

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:53 PM

What sewing room?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:02 PM

I love all these "brand new" sewing rooms. You can see my remodeled sewing room in my latest blog.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 7:08 PM

Linda:

I love all these "brand new" sewing rooms. You can see my remodeled sewing room in my latest blog.

I did go to your blog, Linda.  Congratulations on your new sewing space.  

Your remodeled sewing room has a lot of natural lighting too.  I think a washer dryer fits.  There is plumbing in my sewing room for a washer and dryer.  Seems to be a natural pairing with a space for textile arts.  You are so organized.  I had a big closet in my last sewing area.  Not so much in this one so I'm going to have to be more "creative" in finding places to store things.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:14 PM

My computer is up and running in my studio and I'm still unpacking.

Where do I put it all?!?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, May 15 2013 10:55 PM

Quiltless

I don't know how much work I would get done with that fantastic view out the window.   Gorgeous space.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, May 16 2013 7:48 AM

Marie:

Elizabeth remember the Murphy Beds?  One would be ideal in your guest room it would give you more space.  Just a thought.

I love a murphy bed, had one in an apartment my best friend and I had in college.  I seriously considered one for my guest room, but the bed in there is perfectly good and I just cannot justify the expense at this time.  I do have a roll-a-way bed for extra guests that is very comfortable, I personally used it when in a cast for 3 months.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

How does my sewing room look? Like a tornado ripped through it! I really need to spend some time organizing and cleaning it up. lol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Thu, May 16 2013 9:25 AM

Mine too Mary. My DD just moved out, She is coming for the rest of her thing this weekend, so I moved half of my stuff into her bedroom. I can finally see the dawn before the trees, but I still have a long way to go before it is set up perfect. (pretty sad I have spread out into 2 rooms now LOL)

Page 27 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use