Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 26 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 7:46 PM

Phyllis:

Does anyone know if it is possible to sort these posts so the latest one shows up first instead of last?  If I had time, I would love to read the posts from last year, but I just don't have that time.  I would love to read and join in on some of these posts that are current

Phyllis, click "edit" at the very top of the screen next to your login name then choose 'site options' and you'll be able to change the order.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:29 PM

Thank you so much!  This really helps

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 7:30 AM

I enjoyed the article Quiltless.   Sounds like my sewing/guest/junk room.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Here's my sewing room.  I converted my dining room (which I never use).  This picture is about a month old.  I have since purchased the Janome Horizon 7700.  The four pictures are different angles.

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:32 AM

LaShawn, what a nice bright sewing space you have!  Is it always that neat?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:37 AM

Very nice room!  Too clean for my taste (LOL) but a great space.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:47 AM

You can see much of my "studio" and my most important sewing equipment in my pic. Center is old wingback, bought off Craigslist, occupied by geezer, bad legs propped on footstool. On left is old oak coffee table, rescued from a classic yacht under deconstruction. On that are wicker basket of papers and pads of my designs, an old stationary box full of thread and other boxes of pieces under construction. On right is an end table left over from former living room, with quilter's flashlight, pincushion, notions, coffee cup, the remote, and other essentials. Leaning against it my plywood square that is my cutting table when placed on the footstool, and a mini ironing board. Under all, containers, rulers, a mat or two, here and there.

You really want to see a picture of that? Maybe next time I clean up, which happens once in a while.

The rest of the house is sewing space as well, no room is free from storage and the garage is half full of tubs. We like it that way.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 9:09 AM

La Shawn.  Beautiful room.  When DH is gone for a few days, the whole house turns into a sewing room. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

MNNancy thanks, not that neat but I do clean up after each sewing. 

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

LOL Jeanine, thanks LOL

Northern VA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Thanks Patti

Northern VA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,318
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 9:37 AM

LaShawn, nice converted DR.  Mine is in the center of my house, never use it either but can't imagine my somewhat neat sewing room being the center of attraction.  My house is ranch style so the kitchen is where everyone enters and what do they see a sewing room right off of it.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 9:37 AM

La-Shawn - Beautiful, bright, and VERY clean space! LOL - how can you get anything done??? Just kidding as I like to have a good bit of organization in my space, too. At least, wherever that space happens to be at any given moment.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 9:39 AM

Joe - as long as it works for you, who's to say any different? My DGM had a rocker in the living room (which was also some times her & DGF's bedroom depending on how many people were there!) with a basket on the floor next to it. She was an EPP'er and did it all by hand so all she ever had was scraps of fabric and her needle & thread. Sometimes simpler is better.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:08 AM

LaShawn,

So bright and airy!  I love it, can I come and sew with your? lol

Page 26 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use